• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ID@Xbox Game Pass Spring Showcase

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Discover your next favorite indie game with Xbox Game Pass. Discover upcoming indie gems that you can play on day one. With more games added all the time, there's always something new to discover.

Discover your next favorite game with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. With titles added all the time, there’s always something for you to discover. Download and play new games on day one like Wasteland 3, and critically-acclaimed indie titles like Spiritfarer and Drake Hollow—plus recent blockbusters like The Surge 2 and Crusader Kings III. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for one low monthly price and discover your next favorite game.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This. My series X and PS5 are for the billy big bollocks showcase games. I didn't pay £450 for each of them to play stuff that now looks worse than minecraft.
The switch has indies and Monster Hunter.
I know right? this month ps+ title was some BS emotion puzzle game.. i srsly did not buy my ps5 for that 🤣

mind you this is not me hating on indies.. i fucking love hades / loop hero and valheim..
but fuck.. this is not selling next gen consoles now is it?

Last edited:

Nyxir

Cool and all that jazz but i can not believe people buy the series X for this shit🤨

like i get indies.. fun on the switch maybe the older gen..
D69-E306-F-56-EA-48-BE-A3-C5-0834-D5-EA6-A7-D.gif

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Cool and all that jazz but i can not believe people buy the series X for this shit🤨

I feel the same way about all FPS 🤷‍♂️ but just like some indies every blue moon there is one a really like.

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned

Yeah, let's complain about more games. Nobody buys a X for those games, but they are welcome anyways. Sometimes i like playing smaller/shorter games instead of blingbling AAAs.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Majority of Indies are of no interest to me but the few that are look great. Namely The Ascent and Edge of Eternity. Second Extinction looks solid too but I will wait until it's out of game preview to try it out. Also, im looking forward to Stalker 2 and while it wasn't on the showcase, Bright Memory Infinite.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
As much as I hate to say it but 95% of the indies nowadays don't interest me anymore compared to... 10-13 years ago.

Till this date, I only have a handful favorite indies: Castle Crashers, Braid, Limbo, Inside, Hotline Miami, Cuphead.

whattheduck

Banned
Here's something for the indie game haters to consider: the proportion of excellent indie games that are absolutely worth playing is probably very similar to the proportion of AAA games that are absolutely worth playing.

Murdoch

Here's something for the indie game haters to consider: the proportion of excellent indie games that are absolutely worth playing is probably very similar to the proportion of AAA games that are absolutely worth playing.

I actually think the ratio is HEAVILY skewed in the Indies favour and one of the reasons I opted for the series S over the X. You're buying all that powaaahhh for the 1% of games that'll need it.

bender

What time is it?
Is The Wild At Heart from the folks that brought us Don't Starve? Stalker 2 is a good get.

To be honest, I think the amount of indie games worth playing is way, way higher than AAA. My favorite games of last gen, barring Sekiro, were mostly indie games.

Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Axiom Verge, Cuphead, Katana Zero, Ori... Probably forgot a few but yeah, I'd play any of those over Assassins Creed 12 or Call of Duty #340 any day of the week.

Spukc

To be honest, I think the amount of indie games worth playing is way, way higher than AAA. My favorite games of last gen, barring Sekiro, were mostly indie games.

Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Axiom Verge, Cuphead, Katana Zero, Ori... Probably forgot a few but yeah, I'd play any of those over Assassins Creed 12 or Call of Duty #340 any day of the week.
Yeah but do you need to buy a brand new series X to play those?
I srsly can play all those games on my switch you mentioned.
besides Ori being the game that utilizes the series X because 120fps support.

This is not really about indies vs AAA
more of a hmm should i go out and buy better tech. Consoles need system sellers.

make a indie game that is not possible on older gen. Like super heavy on destruction so it needs a better GPU/CPU. Look up teardown on steam.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I don’t understand people’s logic here. If anything having a way to quickly try small indie games makes this the absolute best way to play them. No more wasting $15 - $20 to see if they are the next hallow knight only to be disappointed.

DaGwaphics

Yeah but do you need to buy a brand new series X to play those?
I srsly can play all those games on my switch you mentioned.
besides Ori being the game that utilizes the series X because 120fps support.

This is not really about indies vs AAA
more of a hmm should i go out and buy better tech. Consoles need system sellers.

make a indie game that is not possible on older gen. Like super heavy on destruction so it needs a better GPU/CPU. Look up teardown on steam.

No one buys a new console specifically for those titles, though you'll likely still see enhancements (higher res/framerate). People buy them for the bigger budget games, but that doesn't make all of the indie games garbage. LOL

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Guess where ID in ID@Xbox stands for, maker of galaxy brain takes.

What do you think this conference was about, exactly?
I know right? this month ps+ title was some BS emotion puzzle game.. i srsly did not buy my ps5 for that 🤣

mind you this is not me hating on indies.. i fucking love hades / loop hero and valheim..
but fuck.. this is not selling next gen consoles now is it?
No, this is exactly you hating on indies, because you don't know what this conference is for.

Shockingly enough, consoles are subject to heavy hitter games and smaller titles. To give room to attention for said smaller titles, ID@Xbox exists. Its Microsoft way of highlighting smaller titles to their audience. Sony and Nintendo have the exact same thing with Sony's sizzle reels and Nintendo's Nindies.

So the outcomes here are really simple:

1. You admit your post was baiting/trolling and you acted coy
  2. You admit you were being deceptively naive
  3. You admit to points 1 and 2.make a indie game that is not possible on older gen. Like super heavy on destruction so it needs a better GPU/CPU. Look up teardown on steam.
Thank's for proving you don't actually like Indies if that is the best argument you can gobble up as to why consoles need to have these shows in the first place.

I put an embarrassing amount of time into Graveyard Keeper years ago when it launched on Gamepass, then went on to buy it on both my Xbox when it left Gamepass and on my Switch when I was traveling.

Spukc

Guess where ID in ID@Xbox stands for, maker of galaxy brain takes.

What do you think this conference was about, exactly?

Thank's for proving you don't actually like Indies if that is the best argument you can gobble up as to why consoles need to have these shows in the first place.
Nice cherry picking my posts dude when i mentioned Loop Hero , Valheim and Hades.
All i stated is that why in the hell do people buy 14TF $500 consoles to play indies games when there are 8 consoles that are dirt cheap and can do the exact same thing on the market.
Not that indies are worse or better. Or what games i do or don't like.

it's a legit question :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Nice cherry picking my posts dude when i mentioned Loop Hero , Valheim and Hades.
Not exactly indies that appear on ID@Xbox do they?
Lets be real here, you went into this thread with a loaded gun and now act surprised that others also have loaded guns and are shooting at you.

Solution? Don't bring a loaded gun to a family dinner.

All i stated is that why in the hell do people buy 14TF $500 consoles to play indies games when there are 8 consoles that are dirt cheap and can do the exact same thing on the market.
Nobody is postulating that at all. People buy 14TF 500 consoles to play AAA games and indie titels. ID@Xbox is a highlight reel of the latter coming to the system.

This isn't rocket science. So why are you trying to make it so?

it's a legit question :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Its, and i quote ''This shit'', when referring to ID@Xbox titles, or ID@Xbox in general.

Redneckerz

My point. Lack of games that push next gen consoles.
I mean these things have been out since November.

We really should have seen some innovative titles by this point.

Or maybe those usually happen later and a console lifecycle is usually 7-8 years.

You expected a revolutionary game at launch or near-launch or?

Top Bottom