• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I will play Crackdown 3

Kdad

1 and 3 are fun and enjoyable. Come at me

tenor.gif
A VR Terry Crews pec control game would be more fun though honestly.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Aight, about 3 hours in and this is what I can say so far:

pros:
- It controls very fluid and nicely
- There seems to be a lot of weapons, besides the standart stuff there are also some creative ones
- Gameplay is mechanically very enjoyable, if you wanna go bezerk you can totally do that and the game gives you every tool to do so. The fast past movement with the insane jumping mixes really well with the shooting.
- The jumping generally is really cool, it's fun to climb and reach high buildings and such.
- Pretty much no hand holding.

cons:
- Graphics are mediocre, there is pop up and framedrops
- Repetitive mission design
- Story is the definition of generic and uninteresting
- I feel like the game should be even more extreme, perhaps it will go to that level later down the line, but I imagine some Max Payne style slowmotion etc. would mix really well.

Tiamat2san

It’s an OK game.
better than 2.
the kind of game that keeps you occupied but that you will never play again once finished.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I was going to say have fun. But that seemed inappropriate considering this game vacuum's

Which is a nice way to say sucks..

TLZ

Banned
It was typical Crackdown mindless fun. But I still prefer the first one. The physics are better there. I don't know why they regressed.

showernota

I played it for about an hour and shut it off. The original was probably my most played single-player game on 360.

3 felt like a mess and was uncomfortable to play. The visual presentation gave me a headache, the general controls felt clunky, and the TTK for enemies and objects felt waaay too long. I should've probably given it more time before forming that opinion, but I just couldn't bring myself to play any longer.

Had a ton of fun playing Crackdown 3. Got all the agility orbs minus one and I still have no idea where it is.

Terry Crews was great, but I always like Terry.

Controls, especially with paddles and a proper configuration were great. Graphics weren't anything mind blowing at all, but it was fine.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Crackdown 3 is a good game. Don't go in expecting it to be grand theft auto with realistic graphics because that's not what it is. Its art style wasn't chosen because of lack of power or anything, it's a conscious choice like Ori for example. It's a good fun game that just got annihilated for not being "next gen" enough.

It's fun, it looks nice, and that's all that matters.

I loved the online multiplayer, shame that the population died so quickly. The cloud destruction was incredible, far beyond any destruction in any game to date.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Shut the brain off, shoot people, get orbs. It’s a solid 7/10, but is very much so feels like a last gen (360 era) title

Dibils2k

Didn't play lol
No but seriously everything I saw in reviews looked very dull
maybe take your own advice then

How do they know they hate it if they haven't even played it yet?

You don't have to play the thing you don't like but it's dumb to be so massively vocal about a game you never played.

Still seems like the people who hate it the most also didn't bother to play it.

I loved the online multiplayer, shame that the population died so quickly. The cloud destruction was incredible, far beyond any destruction in any game to date.

The problem was that the destruction really wasn't close to what they'd shown even years earlier. If they had never brought it up, then released the game as it was people wouldn't have had an issue with it.

The game suffered from retarded marketing. The multiplayer ended up dying an early death, and the cloud tech was nowhere near as impressive as what they'd shown even years before release. It wasn't until recently with MSFS2020 that anything really showed what could be done with it.

Shut the brain off, shoot people, get orbs. It’s a solid 7/10, but is very much so feels like a last gen (360 era) title

That's what I found most appealing. No farting around with a dumb story, no overly complicated setup for little return, just jump in and go nuts.

MrFunSocks

Banned
The problem was that the destruction really wasn't close to what they'd shown even years earlier. If they had never brought it up, then released the game as it was people wouldn't have had an issue with it.

The game suffered from retarded marketing. The multiplayer ended up dying an early death, and the cloud tech was nowhere near as impressive as what they'd shown even years before release. It wasn't until recently with MSFS2020 that anything really showed what could be done with it.

That's what I found most appealing. No farting around with a dumb story, no overly complicated setup for little return, just jump in and go nuts.
The destruction definitely was a step down from what they'd shown in the demos, but it was still light years ahead of anything else on the market and still only possible with "the power of the cloud". It sucks that there's no bot mode :(

gypsygib

What didn’t you like about it when you played it?

I played it on Gamepass and agree that it was pretty bad. Why exactly I don't know. Great games have a certain je ne sa quoi that brings together all of the elements in a some near perfect balance while making you ignore the flaws and really immerses you in the world through the characters, gameplay, sound and environments. Or in the case of MP, has great gameplay/sound/graphics/environments, etc. For Crackdown 3, all I can say is that the gunplay was bad and the missions were boring.

Top Bottom