• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to share my experience with Dualsense™, pls no ban

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I hope you guys find that hidden spoiler, otherwise my hinted joke is for nothing : D

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I was legit shocked on just how much resistance they're able to put into the triggers when I started picking up different guns in COD Cold War. Its pretty damn cool.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I was legit shocked on just how much resistance they're able to put into the triggers when I started picking up different guns in COD Cold War. Its pretty damn cool.
For anyone using Dualsense do you think these controllers will last the distance?

At the end of the day the components are plastic, I’m just hoping what they use has high tensile strength. With tension I don’t deny I tend to have a death grip.

DavidGzz

I kind of like that the rumble is weak, it's less annoying when I put the controller down on my desk. I don't even know it's rumbling until I pick it up even on 10. One of my controllers is getting an annoying squeak when the haptics fire a certain way though.

I think that we will be having to replace these things more often than normal controllers because of all of the moving parts.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Disclaimer, my first attempt to this thread was a clickbait and I did not meant to offended anyone, it should have been joke and in somewhat self-reflective manner. So hopefully this is going to be okay thread. And yes I am only buying Xbox so far, so that thread name was jokingly accurate.

----

I had a way to my parents/brother house today and he somewhat snagged PS5, so I obviously tried his new gaming machine and few things:

PS5 is even more ugly in person and it's really fucking big, pictures really does not give it a justice. But yeah it's cool and silent, so design is great, because this is what ultimately matters, at least for me who are putting shit inside cabinet.

Seems like in Czech, even with PS+ those cards like was touted in that UI video presentation does not work. I did not try it, but I was informed it. So if it's like some regional thing, it's bullshit.

But most importantly. Dualsense. That haptics on that thing is amazing! Played like a half an hour of Astrodude/Sackboy, felt great a legitimately elevated the experience. Also even before that, I obviously watched how it wroks inside and I feel doing haptics with sound (like haptics is driven by sound and trasnportated to rumbe pack which is just more magnet and less membrane speaker). And truly, this is full on amazing.

Haptics are different than rumble, however it feels much more tight, much more premium than rumble. However it's not that strong, at least in the games I tried that.

For first time ever, PS controller has nice ergonomic shape, nicely big, fits greatly in the hand. Good surface polish, feels premium.

What I am not too hot on are those triggers(L2/R2), firstly, the shape is nowhere near the greatness XB controller triggers. And secondly, played Cod: CW, it just felt weird and shooting for someone and getting some resistive sesation from triggers, which is different to any game. To be honest, it's pretty inoffensive with Astrodude, but with shooting shit, just no. Thankfully you can turn that off.

So yeah, I am contemplating where to get PS5 and I probably wait till some Slim/Pro version. But this is amazing addition for players.

Also want to add a pic, of his guardian of PS5. This is his Cerny pug : ) Cerny = black in Czech
snimekobrazovky2020-17gjks.png

Actually I found the adaptive triggers being too aggressive and heavy on Astro's Playroom and very light on Spider-Man MM (swinging). If you are playing competitively it makes sense to shut them down anyway, but maybe try medium/weak before and see if you like them. I don't have COD nor I think I'll buy that crap.

I think the controller is far better than the dual shock - I’ve kinda felt haptics before with VR so this didn’t feel maybe as brand new to me as it did to others. Certainly grown on me though my only major issue is battery life - I can kinda get why battery drains fast on this controller but seeing how much longer the Xbox controller lasts - and since this is my first Xbox in a long time I’m pretty used to DS4 controllers being dead half the time and the length of time the Xbox controller can go I’m like why the fuck was this an issue for Sony for so long? I feel like Sony could figure this out and do better with the battery. That’s really my only criticism.

M1chl

Actually I found the adaptive triggers being too aggressive and heavy on Astro's Playroom and very light on Spider-Man MM (swinging). If you are playing competitively it makes sense to shut them down anyway, but maybe try medium/weak before and see if you like them. I don't have COD nor I think I'll buy that crap.
I find it it was like super enhancing in the Astrobot, because that game was super creative. There was good. I did not try Spiderman, because he did not like the first game on PS4, he bought Sackboy, which is a nice game. COD was given to him, by retailer, because they made him wait even tho, he secure it when pre-order started. So distributor was like "hey a here is your COD for waiting". Also like first Black Ops was the shit, one of the best single player games, which I have played in a sense, that it was something like first Transformers. So not some fucking masterpiece, but still something really good : D

I think the controller is far better than the dual shock - I’ve kinda felt haptics before with VR so this didn’t feel maybe as brand new to me as it did to others. Certainly grown on me though my only major issue is battery life - I can kinda get why battery drains fast on this controller but seeing how much longer the Xbox controller lasts - and since this is my first Xbox in a long time I’m pretty used to DS4 controllers being dead half the time and the length of time the Xbox controller can go I’m like why the fuck was this an issue for Sony for so long? I feel like Sony could figure this out and do better with the battery. That’s really my only criticism.
I am not sure how long it lasts, but isn't 2x the batter in DS5 than in DS4? I did not asked, how battery fares. But yeah Eneloop+Xbox controller is where it's at. I am still having those same batter as in launch of XB1 and controller easily lasts me 20-25 hours per charge. That's why I really don't want some proprietary battery solution. Don't get me wrong I would love that Xbox controller would have some haptics, but just leave the batter compartment there.

Nah it was this way put, it was not because of critising anything, takze a look:

I wanted to be edgy and failed, but I felt pumped from the experience, so I shoot for the moon and reached for the basement...
I liked your self referential "xbots" joke.
Some people are just too fragile here..

But i can understand the mod's decision to lock that up, since some people here would get triggered and thread would have gone to hell.

And on your review, looking forward to trying it out myself. PS5 seems to be a mighty fine machine...

M1chl

I liked your self referential "xbots" joke.
Some people are just too fragile here..

But i can understand the mod's decision to lock that up, since some people here would get triggered and thread would have gone to hell.

And on your review, looking forward to trying it out myself. PS5 seems to be a mighty fine machine...
Yeah I can see it now too, however I was really pumped from that experience, because that haptic...is simply something else...so I made "high energy" thread and maybe it's just wasn't uderstood how it was meant to be.

Nice hat btw : )

M1chl

I kind of like that the rumble is weak, it's less annoying when I put the controller down on my desk. I don't even know it's rumbling until I pick it up even on 10. One of my controllers is getting an annoying squeak when the haptics fire a certain way though.

I think that we will be having to replace these things more often than normal controllers because of all of the moving parts.
Yeah this controller is packed with tech and something like those triggers, I believe that's the weak part, because it uses plastic and pretty standard at that. Hopefully they made it sure, that it will last, however my experience with fixing triggers on DS4 makes me feel otherwise.

Cool thread OP

I disagree with the ugly thing though. I've always liked the PS5 styling and seeing it in person, i think it looks even better. It is a big bitch though. But these consoles are basically PC Gaming Towers

M1chl

Cool thread OP

I disagree with the ugly thing though. I've always liked the PS5 styling and seeing it in person, i think it looks even better. It is a big bitch though. But these consoles are basically PC Gaming Towers
I hate the top of the console, when it's getting wide, because for some reason in my brain it seems like if something would exploded inside and leave it like that. I personally am conflicted as to why I feel like that, but I geniuenly hate that design. Which I feel shame.... ecause it's just a console you know.

But this all told me that Sony was really bold with their design.

But for some reason MS picked up design, inspired by Dieter Rams design's and I own multiple books about him and his designs. So it's crazy, but I am all over Xbox Series design.

I hate the top of the console, when it's getting wide, because for some reason in my brain it seems like if something would exploded inside and leave it like that. I personally am conflicted as to why I feel like that, but I geniuenly hate that design. Which I feel shame.... ecause it's just a console you know.
I know what you mean about the top flaring out. To me it looks like a cyborg vagina or something.

I reckon with some custom plates it would look better. Maybe some slimming vertical lines or summat

M1chl

I know what you mean about the top flaring out. To me it looks like a cyborg vagina or something.

I reckon with some custom plates it would look better. Maybe some slimming vertical lines or summat
Absolutely, but this is default design, so I judge that. I also hate gloss in the center part, which I don't uderstand why would Sony do that.

I also find that most design of vaginas is fine, but sometimes it's bad....like PS5 level bad.

DavidGzz

I have the plate with PS logo facing me and it looks nice that way, I don't like the way it looks from any other angle lol. Wish I had the digital version, the drive looks so bad.

Last edited:

M1chl

I have the plate with PS logo facing me and it looks nice that way, I don't like the way it looks from any other angle lol. Wish I had the digital version, the drive looks so bad.
Digital edition looks cool, however like in here it's basically non-available and also PS store is fucking expensive, I was looked around yesterday and Demon's Souls costs 100USD in basic edition. It's simply outrageous, especially in country where 25k CZK*/month is average pay....

*25k CZK = 1 141USD / per month

Retail package is still expensive at 1 999 CZK, however with this, you are going to pay that extra 100USD very fast (meaning the difference between digital and disc drive PS5).

M1chl

I hope that this feature brings a happiness and that it will spark yet again interest in games for people who are not sure if gaming is for them. Because I can totally see that, controller is revolutionary, no doubt about that.

M1chl

I would expect that DualSense and Cerny/Black pug would attract more attention.
I might get annoying when I get my manic state, I admit.

Top Bottom