• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want a Banjo Kazooie game in a Dark Souls world.

levyjl1988

Banned
7TCYiwf.jpg

I fucking love Banjo Kazooie.

Just teleport this duo from something campy like this...
Zv5jVSJ.png
pnCIhs8.png
aNZhgz6.png
IWTGXHp.png

and put them something like this...
tgKgOsp.jpg

Instead of Spiral Mountain...
SOtxg9X.jpg

Give me something infinite to climb, like this thing...
wqVAcX0.jpg
OlJ3Hh5.png

and give these golden feathers an origin story.
F1BxR09.png

It must have come from this thing...
sjTW8PA.jpg

My imagination of what could have been Banjo Kazooie Threeie...

uffHeWN.jpg

Just have this duo cross gaming dimensions.

If this duo can portal around...
6oSZalE.jpg

So should Banjo and Kazooie.

HWYuwW8.png

and this guy could be the reason.

It is time that Microsoft revives Banjo and Kazooie.

I want that hype again.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

...Hwhat

I want a banjo threeie bad but it's not going to be good if it tries to be too serious

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
...Hwhat

I want a banjo threeie bad but it's not going to be good if it tries to be too serious
It doesn't have to be serious.
It can have that same humor like putting Luigi from something campy like in Luigi's Mansion and turning it up a notch and putting him in the world of Castlevania.

Of course, Luigi got murdered by death, so yeah...

Mascots getting murdered isn't something new...
DDUHtWU.jpg

FTkZdq9.jpg

A lot of gamers have grown up so, yeah...

Last edited:
I'm going to assume A LOT of people are just going to knee jerk reply your thread simply by the title OP, but reading your post clarified what you meant.

So assume 80% of the replies in this thread entirely ignored your (actually good) points and will reply with 0 thought process.

But, I think it would be pretty cool in a Luigi Haunted Mansion kind of vibe.

It's just that, I feel like we need a proper concept art to really sell anyone on it - but I think that's an interesting thought process you given us.

LordOfChaos

It doesn't have to be serious.
It can have that same humor like putting Luigi from something campy like in Luigi's Mansion and turning it up a notch and putting him in the world of Castlevania.

Of course, Luigi got murdered by death, so yeah...

Mascots getting murdered isn't something new...
DDUHtWU.jpg

FTkZdq9.jpg

A lot of gamers have grown up so, yeah...

I dunno. The character itself comes with a certain tone and art design that it fits naturally into.

Campy horror is great for it. A Banjo game that is more heavily themed on Mad Monster Mansion? Hell yeah, give it to me. Same reason Luigi's Mansion works. But if the world design is going to be castlevania, why should that be a Banjo game? How do the characters and the world compliment each other?

levyjl1988

Banned
I dunno. The character itself comes with a certain tone and art design that it fits naturally into.

Campy horror is great for it. A Banjo game that is more heavily themed on Mad Monster Mansion? Hell yeah, give it to me. Same reason Luigi's Mansion works. But if the world design is going to be castlevania, why should that be a Banjo game? How do the characters and the world compliment each other?
Changes in tone could be its greatest asset, look how Turtles Forever did it. It takes itself from absolute logical, to crazy and then hardcore. Those changes in tone are what make it really good.

Like taking the serious tone of Iron Man and then introducing Rocket...
WBiq0Ks.gif
hCAWxuD.jpg

hLY6vlp.gif

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

That would be great it could still retain its cartoony vibe of course but imitate that type of exploration and lore.

levyjl1988

Banned
- The box art would show Kazooie holding up three feathers or fingers at a slight angle, kinda like a gangster pose but not drooping like the Squid Sisters.

- The enemy is a Warlock, Grunty’s more menacing older brother.

- Grungy is featured but is more of a campy villain compared to her brother.

- The brother takes on a more darker horror vibe.

- Enemies consist of Shadows that invade the player games similar to Resident Evil 6, Dark Souls and Demon Souls.

- The main hub is Spiral Mountain, whatever it once was, it has mutated to something now called the “Infinite Spire”, the Warlock changed the landscape to fit his vision.

- Banjo and Kazooie are the ones to stop him.

- The Warlock’s plan is to capture the Golden Breeull, the king of Kazooie’s race.

- The Golden Breegull looks similar to Ho-Oh, a golden bird first seen in that episode of Pokémon.

-The feathers it grants are invincibility. The Warlock plans to use it to fashion it into a coat to pierce a veil where the gods live and change the world to fit his image.

- The atmosphere of Banjoe Threeie went from campy horror to Dark Souls type of horror, similar to that cutscene where Luigi is in that mansion of evil monsters from Castlevania in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

- It’s a strange tonal shift, but a fantastic one.

- Kazooie cracks jokes and sometimes get serious, because the gravity of it changed.

- The fourth wall breaking doesn’t often work, when Kazooie does it, the Warlock listens and summons enemies towards the duo.

- Jinjonator comes back, but you are not collecting Jinjos anymore. He duels the Warlock and losses badly, showing the gravity of the Warlocks power.

- The Jinjonator and the Golden Breegull are best friends.

- On Banjo's shelf there are some callbacks: a Super Smash Bros. invite letter, a selfie with Sonic in a picture frame, some Minecraft Blocks, A Viva Pinata pinata in the closet, a Sea of thieves ship, most notably a Banjo Kazooie themed ship.

- Banjo has his moveset from the first and second game return and it plays fantastically and more modern. It feels really good to play.

- Players have the ability to switch skins to his Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts skin variant (the blocky kind),

- You literally see an animation of Kazooie taking out skin from the backpack she’s in and Banjo whipping it out and fitting it in like clothes and Kazooie zipping up and some magic happens and you play as that skin literally. When you take it off there is a reverse animation of unzipping and Kazooie storing it back in the backpack.

- Some of the levels include breaking portraits, behind them is golden jiggys, some portraits either have items in them, or even hidden tunnels to other areas of the level or shortcuts. Enemy ghosts can also come out of the portraits, they protrude from them.

- More in-game level secrets include going down chimneys and opening sewers and going down wells.

- The musical tone shifts and changes as you progress through the level seamlessly.

- When Banjo and Kazooie’s health drops the music changes to something less upbeat and when the duo passes out they get rescued by the military mole, Jam Jars and you get restarted at the beginning of the level after a slight berating from him.

- You still collect music pieces now, there is an incentive as by collecting all the notes it contributes to unlocking the musical score from the legendary Grant Kirkhope, he returns to do the music in this game, with all new music.

- There is the option of Extra's showing music from Banjo Kazooie, Tooie, Nuts and Bolts and Threeie.

- There is also concept artwork.

- Warlocks captures and strips the golden bird of its feathers painfully as it is plucked, but still alive, and discarded in a dungeon and fatigued, kinda like Dark Souls beginning.

- He coughs up 3 golden feathers to give to Kazooie.

- Kazooie transforms, and In a level, you fight on a giant golden Kazooie bird.

- Kazooie can also turn into a dragon when that plan fails after some transformation from Mumbo Jumbo.

- Banjo utilizes the mole tunnels by the NPC to get to areas of the level undetected.

- Shadows are enemies that invade to halt Banjo and Kazooie progress.

- Often it is NPCs if offline or other players.

- It’s like Microsoft embraced its failure of Banjo and Kazooie Nuts and Bolts as in one part of the game you have to storm the Warlocks castle, to get there Banjo Kazooie builds a cart and smashes through the Warlock's enemy forces, blowing up all these magical sand worms he conjured up to stop the duo.

- It felt similar to that scene in Ready Player One where they are taking the fight to the enemy, and then there is this force field.

- The final battle occurs on top of the tower similar to GhostBusters, or Luigi’s Mansion and even a call back to the first Banjo and Kazooie where Banjo fought Grunty.

- However it escalates to higher dimensions and in space, it gets really wacky as the area around the duo dynamically shifts. It is such a memorable battle too.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
All that dark souls talk its the new battle royale by now Jesus.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
- The box art would show Kazooie holding up three feathers or fingers at a slight angle, kinda like a gangster pose but not drooping like the Squid Sisters.

- The enemy is a Warlock, Grunty’s more menacing older brother.

- Grungy is featured but is more of a campy villain compared to her brother.

- The brother takes on a more darker horror vibe.

- Enemies consist of Shadows that invade the player games similar to Resident Evil 6, Dark Souls and Demon Souls.

- The main hub is Spiral Mountain, whatever it once was, it has mutated to something now called the “Infinite Spire”, the Warlock changed the landscape to fit his vision.

- Banjo and Kazooie are the ones to stop him.

- The Warlock’s plan is to capture the Golden Breeull, the king of Kazooie’s race.

- The Golden Breegull looks similar to Ho-Oh, a golden bird first seen in that episode of Pokémon.

-The feathers it grants are invincibility. The Warlock plans to use it to fashion it into a coat to pierce a veil where the gods live and change the world to fit his image.

- The atmosphere of Banjoe Threeie went from campy horror to Dark Souls type of horror, similar to that cutscene where Luigi is in that mansion of evil monsters from Castlevania in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

- It’s a strange tonal shift, but a fantastic one.

- Kazooie cracks jokes and sometimes get serious, because the gravity of it changed.

- The fourth wall breaking doesn’t often work, when Kazooie does it, the Warlock listens and summons enemies towards the duo.

- Jinjonator comes back, but you are not collecting Jinjos anymore. He duels the Warlock and losses badly, showing the gravity of the Warlocks power.

- The Jinjonator and the Golden Breegull are best friends.

- On Banjo's shelf there are some callbacks: a Super Smash Bros. invite letter, a selfie with Sonic in a picture frame, some Minecraft Blocks, A Viva Pinata pinata in the closet, a Sea of thieves ship, most notably a Banjo Kazooie themed ship.

- Banjo has his moveset from the first and second game return and it plays fantastically and more modern. It feels really good to play.

- Players have the ability to switch skins to his Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts skin variant (the blocky kind),

- You literally see an animation of Kazooie taking out skin from the backpack she’s in and Banjo whipping it out and fitting it in like clothes and Kazooie zipping up and some magic happens and you play as that skin literally. When you take it off there is a reverse animation of unzipping and Kazooie storing it back in the backpack.

- Some of the levels include breaking portraits, behind them is golden jiggys, some portraits either have items in them, or even hidden tunnels to other areas of the level or shortcuts. Enemy ghosts can also come out of the portraits, they protrude from them.

- More in-game level secrets include going down chimneys and opening sewers and going down wells.

- The musical tone shifts and changes as you progress through the level seamlessly.

- When Banjo and Kazooie’s health drops the music changes to something less upbeat and when the duo passes out they get rescued by the military mole, Jam Jars and you get restarted at the beginning of the level after a slight berating from him.

- You still collect music pieces now, there is an incentive as by collecting all the notes it contributes to unlocking the musical score from the legendary Grant Kirkhope, he returns to do the music in this game, with all new music.

- There is the option of Extra's showing music from Banjo Kazooie, Tooie, Nuts and Bolts and Threeie.

- There is also concept artwork.

- Warlocks captures and strips the golden bird of its feathers painfully as it is plucked, but still alive, and discarded in a dungeon and fatigued, kinda like Dark Souls beginning.

- He coughs up 3 golden feathers to give to Kazooie.

- Kazooie transforms, and In a level, you fight on a giant golden Kazooie bird.

- Kazooie can also turn into a dragon when that plan fails after some transformation from Mumbo Jumbo.

- Banjo utilizes the mole tunnels by the NPC to get to areas of the level undetected.

- Shadows are enemies that invade to halt Banjo and Kazooie progress.

- Often it is NPCs if offline or other players.

- It’s like Microsoft embraced its failure of Banjo and Kazooie Nuts and Bolts as in one part of the game you have to storm the Warlocks castle, to get there Banjo Kazooie builds a cart and smashes through the Warlock's enemy forces, blowing up all these magical sand worms he conjured up to stop the duo.

- It felt similar to that scene in Ready Player One where they are taking the fight to the enemy, and then there is this force field.

- The final battle occurs on top of the tower similar to GhostBusters, or Luigi’s Mansion and even a call back to the first Banjo and Kazooie where Banjo fought Grunty.

- However it escalates to higher dimensions and in space, it gets really wacky as the area around the duo dynamically shifts. It is such a memorable battle too.
Elon Musk Weed GIF

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
When you think about it, every game in existence is already a Dark Souls game.

You start the game, you play the game, and then you beat the game. Just like Dark Souls.

Top Bottom