• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I thought a vasectomy was painless

MGHA

You eat your own cum?!?!

EuVrQ6o.gif
YUMMY!!!!!

TylerD

Have you ever had a missus on birth control? Do you know how fucked it makes their hormones? Fuck living with that until the menopause hits. Not just the pill but the implant and the coil - all of them.

My ex-wife turned into a raging monster on the Depo shot. She had wildly inconsistent periods so needed to be on something to regulate that and her bleeding which was present about 3 weeks out of a month. Other methods, patch and pill were better but the year or so she wasn't on anything was the best as far as her mood was concerned.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
you thought them slicing your nutsack open and knocking about inside to cut shit up wasn't gonna hurt?

i'd need to be knocked out cold and on strong painkillers when i woke up.

HAYA8U5A

I started picturing what it feels like which was bad enough and then I got to the second page as somebody with an unusual affliction to scars/stitches ever since I put a metal rod through my foot as a kid so now my foot is sending me up the wall too.

Paul Rudd Wow GIF

And it's only 6am!

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
I could never do something like this. To have someone surgically sever my balls… shudder.

And I agree, Ellen Page was pretty cute.

Rubik8

The worst part of mine was the initial numbing shot. I could only feel a little tugging during the procedure. I was sore for a few days after but I was able to take it easy and keep ice on my balls; I never had any significant swelling. All things considered it was a very easy thing to undergo and I encourage anyone that is hesitant to do it.

Sojiro

The worst part of mine was the initial numbing shot. I could only feel a little tugging during the procedure. I was sore for a few days after but I was able to take it easy and keep ice on my balls; I never had any significant swelling. All things considered it was a very easy thing to undergo and I encourage anyone that is hesitant to do it.
Absolutely. After my wife and I had our third kid we knew we were done with having kids, and having me get a vasectomy is much easier/cheaper/less invasive than having my wife have her tubes tied, and the recovery period is much shorter.

From experience, the worst part was the initial numbing, because not only do you feel the needle on the sac, you also feel it prick your nut.

One thing I can highly, highly advise is to make sure you do a little as possible during the recovery. First couple days I think I moved around a bit too much, and had some pretty big swelling around the incision area. Not to the point of pain, but noticeable enough that I did kind of worry for a bit. Thankfully it wasn't to the point of reopening the incision, but definitely only move around when necessary, and keep a bag of frozen peas on hand.

Also, a little bonus for my procedure. That day my doctor had a student doctor shadowing him, he asked if it would be ok for them to be in there to observe the procedure. I reluctantly said yes, and in comes this attractive 20-something female student doctor to observe the procedure. So by the time cold ass iodine was put all over my junk, I can imagine how well I was looking down there lol. The entire time I just stared at the ceiling half smiling/laughing to myself based on the whole situation.

Nothing about the procedure was as bad as I envisioned, so if you are hesitant about getting the procedure, man up and do it. It is no where near as bad as you may be imagining, and it is much better than having her ger her tubes tied.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Terrible doc, I guess. I felt almost nothing. It was worth just to get the two female nurses to shave my nuts and shaft. Got hard as a rock. That happened to everyone else, right? Right guys?

Pilgrimzero

Nope nope nope. What is the obsession with sterilization? Seriously, stop sterilizing yourselves. Are you a stray dog?
You aren't sterilizing yourself. Its (mostly) reversable if you want to have kids again.

As to why? Cause we don't want to make more kids.

And even if we did, we could always adopt.

TastyPastry

that sounds awful. honestly i'd rather pull out everytime for the rest of my life than this. just picturing how the needle goes inside the balls is too much for me to handle.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Vasectomy.

Are you people fucking crazy?

It’s fucking nuts how many people in here have had this done, I don’t know a single guy who would or has ever gone down there route.

This has to be a US thing I wasn’t aware of.

Fuz

Banned
It’s fucking nuts how many people in here have had this done, I don’t know a single guy who would or has ever gone down there route.

Muricans.
It's one of their latest trends.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Also, a little bonus for my procedure. That day my doctor had a student doctor shadowing him, he asked if it would be ok for them to be in there to observe the procedure. I reluctantly said yes, and in comes this attractive 20-something female student doctor to observe the procedure. So by the time cold ass iodine was put all over my junk, I can imagine how well I was looking down there lol. The entire time I just stared at the ceiling half smiling/laughing to myself based on the whole situation.
See, this is when you ask her to conduct a function check pre-procedure. Medical students will believe anything :p

jason10mm

Gold Member

Where are you from and what do you do instead? Just keep on having kids until death or what? Force your wife to deal with the effects in some fashion?

Its an incredibly safe procedure, far less invasive than tubal ligation, and is extremely effective with few to no side effects other than sterilization, waaaay better than medication contraceptives.

Alebrije

Apparently the first Ellie model looked almost exactly like her enough that she (her reps) inquired about it to Naughty Dog. They changed it to look less like her.
Also semember the Game Beyond 2 Souls released closer to TLOU ...there where controversy for both characters.

Top Bottom