• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think it’s time to check out Alyx.

RPS37

Finally got to play for a couple hours today.
Had to move the setup to the spare room because there’s more room to move around.
Also, ended up buying a ton of accessories for the Quest 2.
I bought a Best Buy 16 ft link cable, lens brush/cover, elite strap, official case, silicone face cover, second Amazon strap, Anker charging stand, and headphones.

I’m well over 600 dollars in now, but hey, it’s only money.

Now for Alyx.
Graphics are dope. It’s a new Half Life finally.
Picking up ammo and putting it in your backpack feels real cool.
Can’t really get the ha g of reloading yet. Aiming when shooting is a little difficult, but I’m sure there is a sight or something that you can add to the pistol.

So far I’m digging it.
Also, I’m just using a link cable, because I had very little faith air link/virtual desktop would work with my set up (laptop only though wi if, far from the router).
It’s a lot less annoying than all the cables needed for PSVR.

Finally got to play for a couple hours today.
Had to move the setup to the spare room because there’s more room to move around.
Also, ended up buying a ton of accessories for the Quest 2.
I bought a Best Buy 16 ft link cable, lens brush/cover, elite strap, official case, silicone face cover, second Amazon strap, Anker charging stand, and headphones.

I’m well over 600 dollars in now, but hey, it’s only money.

Now for Alyx.
Graphics are dope. It’s a new Half Life finally.
Picking up ammo and putting it in your backpack feels real cool.
Can’t really get the ha g of reloading yet. Aiming when shooting is a little difficult, but I’m sure there is a sight or something that you can add to the pistol.

So far I’m digging it.
Also, I’m just using a link cable, because I had very little faith air link/virtual desktop would work with my set up (laptop only though wi if, far from the router).
It’s a lot less annoying than all the cables needed for PSVR.
Instead of buying the reflex sight attachment, save your resin for the laser attachment, it will make aiming significantly easier!

RPS37

Finally got the flashlight.
Still don’t have enough upgrade points for the laser sight. Gotta keep shooting slowly.
checked and I’m definitely playing on the lowest fidelity setting. Tried to bump it up and it didn’t even look better, just made the frame rate drop.
Still looks amazing for a VR game.

Top Bottom