• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I saw a new Parasite Eve game in my dreams and want to talk about it.

GrayChild

My dream took place at E3 2020.

It all happened during the Square Enix presentation.

There was a nice trailer showing in-game footage of Aya Brea navigating Central Park in a reimagining of the first Parasite Eve. It went for about 4 minutes, covering her basic powers and gunplay during several enemy encounters. The video ended with a short CGI segment showing the original rat mutation video but completely remade with modern technologies. The game was advertised as a new AAA Luminous engine-powered open world RPG survival horror which serves as a reimagining of the original PE that came out in 1998, and is partially inspired by the RE2make's success.

The trailer confirmed that the soundtrack would be a collaboration between Yoko Shimomura and Keiichi Okabe.

At the end of the trailer, it was revealed that the game would be directed by Yoko Taro himself, who (in his usual sarcastic tone) showed on stage in his Emil mask and explained that he's fed up with NieR and Drakengard and wants to try something new. Square offered to hand him the PE IP and he accepted.

Square also said that the new Parasite Eve would be a PS5 launch title with a simultaneous PC port releasing on Steam.

Hopefully I got you hyped about this, as now it's the time to remind you that this was just a dream and the game will never be made.

Last edited:
Why does this thread have a "cringe" tag to it?

I love these kind of threads :D

OP, that dream sounded awesome to have and tbh, I've been eyeing on getting a Parasite Eve PS1 copy these past few days.

I've never played this game, but I remember reading that it already had a sequel? Am I mistaken?

Shantae

Banned

I love these kind of threads :D

OP, that dream sounded awesome to have and tbh, I've been eyeing on getting a Parasite Eve PS1 copy these past few days.

I've never played this game, but I remember reading that it already had a sequel? Am I mistaken?
It had two sequels, Parasite Eve 2 on PS1, and The Third Birthday on PSP. Both are...not good. The first Parasite Eve is sadly the only one worth playing still. I haven't played it since it came out, but I remember loving the game.

GrayChild

It had two sequels, Parasite Eve 2 on PS1, and The Third Birthday on PSP. Both are...not good. The first Parasite Eve is sadly the only one worth playing still. I haven't played it since it came out, but I remember loving the game.

PE2 is still worth playing imo. A lot of people bash it because the game played more like a Resident Evil clone than the unique JRPG horror hybrid the first one was. I love both games.

We don't talk about The Third Birthday.

Added it myself like I usually do for all semi-drunk threads.

Last edited:
I see....makes sense why no one mentions them :p

I do hope OP's dream comes true one day and gets to come back to this thread!

Shantae

Banned
Third Birthday had an awesome shower scene 😍
That's kind of part of the problem I also have with PE2 and T3B though. Aya Brea was kind of a bad ass in the first game, and she was hot but that was beside the point really. They became too obsessed with turning her into some sex symbol in the sequels it felt like.

I mean shit, I didn't play it much, but wasn't a big part of the gameplay in T3B was that your clothes became shredded and exposed more skin as you got hurt? I feel like it had a bigger role, but can't remember.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
After a thorough review and scene by scene dissection of both shower scenes, I have to give my vote to The Third Birthday.

it moistened the thighs

GrayChild

After a thorough review and scene by scene dissection of both shower scenes, I have to give my vote to The Third Birthday.

it moistened the thighs

Now imagine a AAA-scale CGI scene like that running on next-gen hardware.

Square, please do the right thing!

Tomeru

Y u like dat? PE2 is awesome 😭

Myths

Iqq6Dv.jpg
Thread old af but i also just wanted to share this. If they just did this I would
be satisfied...

Senhua

If there will be a remake/sequel of this game :100% will be like FFVIIR AKA sterilized Teen/PG13/CEROC cinematics AAA linear RPG with shallow gameplay and great graphics. So I'm fine with the absence of this.

Instead we got that bullshit presentation today...

Yoko Shimomura + Keiichi Okabe ? That's a damn mighty combination. The OST would blow my mind and then some.

Top Bottom