• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I play around 10-20 games at a time, am I alone in this?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I used to do this as a kid all the time. But the games were much simpler back then. It was easy to jump between DOOM, Smash Bros., Rogue Squadron, etc. because they were shallow games compared to something like Elden Ring. These days I focus on one at a time and I think this focus started right around Morrowind's release or maybe MGS2.

Now its one at a time plus FTL.

Always have time for FTL.

Banned
currently I'm playing 1 MP game almost daily, about 3 singleplayer games back and forth, 3-4 MP games irregularly and often a random one either SP or MP from time to time

M.W.

Lol I am alone. Just played an hour of Weird West. Now it's Ghostwire and then Tiny Tina and then more Horizon.

natjjohn

Not sure if I mixed that many as a kid simultaneously. Don’t think I could feasibly juggle that many without having massive gaps of time between the 10-20 games.

Mozzarella

Wow, that's a lot.
No way in hell i can do that, i tried to play multiple games at once but i find myself always sticking to the most fun ones, the maximum number i tried was 5 games at one time, but i found myself dropping 2 games few days after because they were not on par and all i was thinking while playing them is how i can get back to the others, then i could play 3 games at the same time provided they are not the same genre.
However when a game is too good or too big i will dedicate time for it specifically and put the other on-hold. Like Elden Ring for example, another example was story-driven games like Disco Elysium, i had to play it alone so i could understand it better and not forget the little details.
But in the end, i can play up to 3 games at the same time, but not too many.

tmlDan

what in the ADHD is going on here lol

I can only play a max of 3 games at a time, most are live service that i do my dailies in.

I cannot play multiple SP games at a time otherwise i lose track of the story, i tend to get really invested in the narrative of games.

Deerock71

Nah, man. I chalk it up to ADHD. No game satisfies me for over 10 hours, unless you're a freak of a good game like SMT V.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I usually play around 8-10 at a time, it's not that big of a deal really.

For me, it's more about what I have time to play where and when. If I have my Switch I'm playing this game, if I'm at my PC I'm playing that game... Xbox, this game. Steam Deck, that game. And so on and so forth.

Alpha Male

I'm always playing:

Battlefield 2042 (also still play Bf1 and BfV maybe once a month)
Halo Infinite multiplayer
Forza Horizon 5
MLB The Show

More recently I've added to the rotation:

Flight Simulator
Gran Turismo 7
Riders Republic

All these mentioned above will never be deleted as these are my multiplayer/GAAS types that I will play for years...but the majority of my time has gone to Battlefield and Halo for many, many years.

So to add to all those, I also have my single player campaigns to play...which are currently:

Elden Ring
Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
XCOM 2 War of the Chosen

I have a total of 38 games - 35 Series X & 3 PS5 - that I keep on my consoles and never delete which have infinite replay value ...mainly backwards compatible FPS, strategy, racing, sports, fighting, etc...

Lognor

Banned
I don't play that much, but I do play several games at once, thanks mostly to game pass.

Right now I'm playing
Gotg
Disco elysium
Slay the spire
Phoenix Wright
Telling lies
Rocket league
Hellblade
Outsiders

That's still a lot. Thanks game pass!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
3 at the most. Usually not more than 2 though.

Currently playing:

- Elden Ring
- Horizon FW
- RE4

Horizon I don‘t really dig that much but I want to finish it. Usually it‘s only one long game and a shorter one.

TheShocker

It’s bad. I hardly can complete games. I’ve actually started cleaning out games on my backlog and deleting them from my hard drives so I can focus on:

On Xbox:

Halo infinite
Cyberpunk
Elden Ring
Guardians of the Galaxy
Mass Effect
Doom Eternal DLC
The Witcher 3 DLC
MLB the Show
Forza Horizon 5
Gears 5 Hive Busters

This doesn’t include multiplayer games like Warzone, pubg, fortnite, MCC.

On PlayStation

Horizon FW
Demon Souls Remake
GT7
Spider Man Remaster
Days Gone
GoT
R&C
Uncharted 4 remaster
Kena

My goal is to beat this list this year. Lol.

EDMIX

Probably not, but I don't really game that way, anymore anyway.

I always have a MP game on the side like BF2042 and BFV or something and then 1 single player game that I'm currently playing. Until I'm done with that, I won't really move on to anything else. I want to devote my time to 1 SP game and enjoy its story, world, concepts etc before I move on or else I'll just have a bunch of games were I'm not sure where I left off or what the core story was about or controls and such.

Its why I don't really care for having a bunch of games randomly on my HDD. Unless I'm playing it right now or will play it relatively soon, I don't know if I care to have hundreds on the HDD as that isn't even going to be used right away anyway. So I save the HDD space and time by just playing 1 at a time for SP and have a rotation of MP titles aka Battlefield titles lol

I always have multiple games going. Prevents burn out on longer games and some days I just feel like something different. I still almost always complete my games at least once. Abandoning games is not a thing I tend to do.

I'm always playing a variety of racing games that I can pop into at any time and jump to and from. Flight Sim is a great game for winding down. I play Tetris almost daily and play a lot of 8/16-bit games. I have a few rogue-like games going as well. I almost always have something on Gamepass running, right now it's Weird West I have just about every game I own on PC installed on my bulk drive and ready to play at any time. If I find myself browsing Steam and see a game that I feel like trying I can just hit play and I'm in the game, ready to go, no waiting for it to download.

No, I play around 40-50 different games at any one time across PS5, Xbox Series X (with GamePass), Switch and PC. Thankfully, I don't play games at all on my iPad or mobile phone (most are poor quality and stuffed to the gills with adverts and/or microtransactions not to mention poor controls so do not interest me).

Currently playing, off the top of my head:

PS5
Horizon: Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 5
Uncharted Collection Remastered
Grand Theft Auto V
Hot Wheels Unleashed
Final Fantasy VII Remake (2nd playthrough)
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Mass Effect Remastered Trilogy
Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Xbox Series X
F1 2021
GRID Legends
WWE 2K22
Dying Light 2 (disappointing sequel...)
Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Weird West (which is not that great to be honest...)
Far Cry 6
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (last two switched from PS5 due to screen tearing and lack of VRR support)
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

... and from tomorrow the new LEGO Star Wars game and then on 5th, MLB The Show 22.

Switch
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Diablo III
Super Mario Odyssey
Metroid Dread

PC
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Asserto Competizione
Red Dead Redemption 2
Kingdom Hearts III
The Ascent
Tales of Arise
Scarlet Nexus
Baldur's Gate 3
GRID (2019)

I love playing games and enjoy being able to switch between a large library of choice across multiple platforms. I don't play any competitive online games.

Psychostar

I'm 30 so it's harder to find time to play. I try play to completion and I'm often playing a range of games as well, but not as many single player focussed ones at the same time. Here's a breakdown of all the games played this week, and how. I play on PS5 / PC / Nintendo Switch.

On my own:
- Horizon Forbidden West ( When living room is free. On the Last main quest so just trying to clear side content)
- Risk of Rain 2

With best friend who moved to another country ( he's competitive and fatigues from games quickly so we switch a lot):
- Divinity Original Sin 2 (We took a break from it and continued chapter 5 this week)
- Heroes of the Storm
- For the King
- Fall Guys
- Fortnite

With my youngest brother when I visit on the weekend:
- Enter the Gungeon ( I play this on switch a bit on my own too while the living room is busy)
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate

On previous weeks I had been playing these games, but I've dropped them at the moment out of fatigue:
- Disco Elysium ( Amazing game but I put it down when Horizon arrived and I can't find the will to get back to it yet. I struggle with this issue a lot)
- Nier Automata ( Had just started it but bought last of us 2 on sale and swapped to that)
- Last of us 2 ( Had just started it but Horizon Forbidden West came out and I was gifted it by my girlfriend)

What I want to play when I finish Horizon Forbidden West:
- Tunic
- Elden Ring

I'm always building up backlog.. Too many great games to play and not enough time. I can't seem to finish games as often as I used to, and I hate that.

Last edited:

Psychostar

No, I play around 40-50 different games at any one time across PS5, Xbox Series X (with GamePass), Switch and PC. Thankfully, I don't play games at all on my iPad or mobile phone (most are poor quality and stuffed to the gills with adverts and/or microtransactions not to mention poor controls so do not interest me).

Currently playing, off the top of my head:

PS5
Gran Turismo 5
Uncharted Collection Remastered
Grand Theft Auto V
Hot Wheels Unleashed
Final Fantasy VII Remake (2nd playthrough)
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Mass Effect Remastered Trilogy
Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Xbox Series X
F1 2021
GRID Legends
WWE 2K22
Dying Light 2 (disappointing sequel...)
Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Weird West (which is not that great to be honest...)
Far Cry 6
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (last two switched from PS5 due to screen tearing and lack of VRR support)
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

... and from tomorrow the new LEGO Star Wars game and then on 5th, MLB The Show 22.

Switch
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Diablo III
Super Mario Odyssey
Metroid Dread

PC
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Asserto Competizione
Red Dead Redemption 2
Kingdom Hearts III
The Ascent
Tales of Arise
Scarlet Nexus
Baldur's Gate 3
GRID (2019)

I love playing games and enjoy being able to switch between a large library of choice across multiple platforms. I don't play any competitive online games.

I like your approach. I think my issue issue is that I tend to hop from a game to another and create backlog but I look at that backlog as a problem as it grows.

I am at the end of all these games but I don't see myself picking them up anytime soon:
- FF7 Remake ( 2nd playthrough, but this time on PS5 with the DLC)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising ( Last chapter. I got burned out on side stuff)
- Kingdom hearts 3 ( last world. I think I also got burned out doing side conent)
- Kingdoms of Amalur ( I think I got to half way)
- The Witcher 3 ( I dropped the game somewhere in Skellige.. and it's the 2nd time I did this. There is soo much to do that I feel burnout and can't recall what I was doing before I stopped)
- Breath of the wild ( 2nd playthrough but only because I never finished the first one. I always stop on the 3rd boss I take. This time I just need to kill gannon but burned out doing side content)
- Sekiro ( I got stuck on the last side boss)
- Bloodborne ( I loved the game too much and kept avoiding the last battle.Don't know why! The moon looks so lovely...)

Varteras

Gold Member
Oh girl! Let me tell you! Here's my current list of games I'm still in the middle of playing.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves
Devil May Cry 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Elden Ring
Escape from Tarkov
Final Fantasy XIV (my ass is still back in Shadowbringers)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Forza Horizon 5

And my dumbass is considering picking up Returnal and Super Mario Odyssey

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF

Psychostar

Oh girl! Let me tell you! Here's my current list of games I'm still in the middle of playing.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves
Devil May Cry 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Elden Ring
Escape from Tarkov
Final Fantasy XIV (my ass is still back in Shadowbringers)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Forza Horizon 5

And my dumbass is considering picking up Returnal and Super Mario Odyssey

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF
Don't sleep on Returnal.. I loved every damn minute that game offered me and couldn't put it down until completion.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Man, do you remember in horizon when you collected the sword and shield so you can adventure to collect the three coloured keys while picking up pipes and smashing zombies heads in the Wild West while using physics to win and scored that sick goal with the baseball bat passed that goalie which was a ghost so you did some crazy jutsu shit to remove it’s evil soul while fighting through the chaos of collecting all that loot with tiny teana, can’t believe you were racing her in those cars while drifting to avoid some crazy assed micro transactions……

…yeah I love that game.

then snowboarding.

Last edited:

Shifty

That's wild.

I'm a single-tasking processor myself; context switching is the mind killer. I'd sooner drop a game than juggle it with another!

Mr Hyde

I only play one, maybe two, games at s time. If it's too many I get confused, and the games suffer from me not paying attention to it. 20 is crazy. First time I've heard anyone have that many in rotation. But if you love it OP, good for you, just do what you enjoy.

tassletine

I grew up with those 100-1 nintendo carts and found that my interest in games fell right off until I stopped playing.
I found that when you can compare like that, you see the patterns videogames all use, and it made them feel mechanical and not special anymore.

Also, there's something to be said about working hard for your money then taking a gamble on one thing. Much like a relationship, heavily investing in one thing, rather than multitasking, feels so much better.
Tolkien said it best "Thin, like butter, spread over too much toast". It made me feel hollow.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
at a time ?

how the fuck do you keep track of what's happening anywhere ?

I keep it 2 max at a time.

You're not alone at all. The majority of people who claim to enjoy video games basically have no patience nor self-discipline, and are somehow surprised they never finish games.

Kokoloko85

Not as much as 10 but I do like playing a few games at a time. Especially if we count stuff like quick game of COD zombies, GT7, Returnal etc

Thats a reason why I want the quick resume on PS5. All that we dont need to watch the studio intros and title screens with the cards was bs , sometimes the game skips intros, other times I gotta watch and just wanna play a quick game..

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
you have way too much time on your hands. i assume you have no job and still stay with mommy + daddy.

i'm struggling to play anything other than Elden Ring now. i don't have the free time i did when i was a kid. the only other game i'm playing is SMTV and i haven't touched that in about a month now. there's just no time when you're working and trying to get by.

Last edited:
Do the same. Right now:
Switch:
Battle brothers
Super Mario 3d world
EDF world brothers
Triangle stretrgy

PC:
Mount and blade 2
Cyberpunk
Elden ring
Settlement survival

Ps5:
EDF 5
Gta5
Demon souls
No man's sky
Dmc5

And trying out a bunch of upgraded ps4 games as it just got the ps5.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
The most I do is switching between 1-2 games, 3 is the max.

Nico_D

Sounds like ADD to me.

At most I play three games from three different genres to fit how much time I have and how I feel. Like Crusader Kings 3 and Kirby atm.

Bakkus

You are obviously not alone in the world in doing this, but I can't personally relate to it at all. I at max do 3 games at a time, but even that is very rare. With your style I can't imagine getting proper enjoyment out of any game. Other than games that are designed to be played in quick bursts, of course.

Top Bottom