• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need a Nintendo direct, or else..

Which game shall I use my voucher on? (2 votes)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Shepard

Last year I purchased a game from Nintendo using there 2 for £84 deal. I have until the 13th of September to use the other voucher as it says on the eshop that vouchers are valid for 365 days after the date of purchase. I've been patiently waiting on Nintendo having a direct with a game I really want to use my voucher on, I've been waiting almost a year to no avail So any recommendations on what to use the remaining voucher on would be appreciated.

I will wait until the last few days just incase the metroid prime trilogy is announced in the time I have left.

The games I already own on the switch voucher scheme (mostly physical copies)

Zelda botw
Mario kart
Mario oddessy
Hyrule warriors
Donkey kong
Octopath traveller
Smash bros
Super mario bros u
Zelda LA
Animal crossing
Dragon quest builders 2

I own the ps4 version of dragon quest 11.

I'm Going to add the ones I may be interested in to the poll. Can vote for 2 different games.

Nico_D

Xeno 2 and Tokyo Mirage give you 200+ hrs to play. And both are great. But if you want something lighter to balance an jrpg, replace one of those with Luigi's Mansion 3.

Eevee86

Xeno 2 and Tokyo Mirage give you 200+ hrs to play. And both are great. But if you want something lighter to balance an jrpg, replace one of those with Luigi's Mansion 3.
TMS wasn't anywhere near 200 hours for me. I think I beat it in 50, maybe?

My voucher expires on August 29th... Can't Nintendo just open BotW2 pre-orders? I won't even be mad when it's Christmas 2021.

It's just that from the current games, I already own everything I want to play. Maybe I should just go digital for Mario Kart and trade in my physical copy.

Whatever you choose, there’s going to be a direct with a bunch of pre-order announcements the day after your vouchers expire. It’s just the way of the universe.

You still have good games on that list. So it’s not like you’re at a loss with your situation. I would pick the two Xenoblade games, if I were you. Xenoblade 2, specifically, was a great game. I wish I could play it again, for the first time. My first play through was 167 hours. It was a fun ride.

Fbh

Xenoblade 2 is really fun if you don't mind the bodypillow-owning weeb bait design of some of the characters (and you should ideally play it docket because the handheld resolution is horrible)

Luigis Mansion 3 is also great, just overall really fun and creative with some of the nicest visuals on the system

Last edited:

The Shepard

Considering how many votes luigi's mansion 3 is getting I think I'll be buying this one no matter what.

Do you like weeb games? That's a big question for a lot of these recommendations.

I don't mind as long as its a good game.

Nintendo don't need to announce games, the console is selling itself.

Very true!

(and you should ideally play it docket because the handheld resolution is horrible)

It can't be that bad surely, what resolution is it?

Maybe I should just go digital for Mario Kart and trade in my physical copy.

Exactly what I was thinking before I made this thread.

Fbh

It can't be that bad surely, what resolution is it?

I'm not sure what resolution it is but it just looks bad and muddy even on the small screen.
They also put some sort of sharpening filter on it in handheld mode but it just makes it worse.

EHBUcDy.jpg

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I've never really followed this. What's a normal cadence for these directs? Is 339 a little late, or really late?

For a general one, it's the longest we've gone. There's a list on Wikipedia, I think the last one was Luigi's Mansion 3 and something else.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
but how often did they used to be? Every 3 months? 6 months?

I'm at a pub on my phone so on this occasion I'm going to be lazy and refer you to the list on Wikipedia. Anecdotally I'll say this, it FEELS like it's been an extraordinarily long time.

Tevious

I was in the same situation as you OP. I had one game left on a voucher to use before the end of July. Or so I thought... maybe I marked my calendar wrong since some of you guys are still saying you have basically a month left. I bought an extra voucher on the last day of the promotion. I was waiting for the fall releases to go up for preorder, but yeah... that never happened. I was hoping to at least get Bravely Default 2, but after only getting that partner's mini direct, I settled for Xenoblade Chronicles remastered (had on Wii but never finished). I also never realized that you needed an active Nintendo Online sub just to redeem the games, so that soured the deal even more. It was really all just a ploy to get their Nintendo Online numbers up and I don't really play online with the Switch. I only had an active sub at the time because it came free with Prime. If they ever offer a voucher again, I'm probably going to pass (unless there are definitely 2 games that I really want before my Nintendo Online sub ends).

The Shepard

I was always hoping that either metroid prime trilogy, zelda wind waker HD or super mario 3d world would get ported in the time I had left, this is why I left it so long.

I also never realized that you needed an active Nintendo Online sub just to redeem the games, so that soured the deal even more.

I didn't know this, a bit crappie off them. Luckily I got a years online with tetris I bought a couple of months ago. Definitely the cheapest way to get online atm, £16 for tetris 99 and all dlc plus a year's sub. Great game to.

Unrelated, but have you played Cadence of Hyrule?

I've not no, I know it's a zelda themed rhythm game though. Zelda is easily my favourite Nintendo franchise aswell.

I'm not sure what resolution it is but it just looks bad and muddy even on the small screen.
They also put some sort of sharpening filter on it in handheld mode but it just makes it worse.

EHBUcDy.jpg

This concerns me a little bit but I do think the game looks great. This game would definitely benefit from a switch Pro.

Top Bottom