• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2022. The GPU drought continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hezekiah

Banned
The 3080 has pretty much ZERO chance of being at the $699 price point. The only way I see that happening is if there is still sufficient stock at the time of Ada Lovelace and nvidia wants to clear them out. Possible? Sure, but unlikely. 3070s and 3070 Tis can pretty much only be had at that price point.

Supply of the 4000 series is going to shit and they are going to be scalped like crazy and knows what the MSRP of said cards will be. They wont be cheap as we know that people will pay absurd prices. Who also knows what will happen with crypto.

At $850, I'd say you're better off spending a little more and going with the $999 EVGA 12GB 3080. If you don't have $999 to spend, then you're best bet is to probably go with the cheapest 3070 Ti you can find, which at the moment is this one for $739.

If RTX doesn't matter to you then the 6900XT at similar prices is easily the best option. Its currently the only GPU that is being sold at its MSRP.
Yeah that's the most likely turn of events.

I wont get the 3070ti simply due to the 8GBs of RAM.

I think I'll wait to see what the likely performance of the 4000 series is going to be to see if any premium is worth it. Otherwise I'm looking at:
  1. EVGA 12GB 3080 you've mentioned
  2. MSI Ventus 3080 (also 12GB)
  3. Gigabyte 6900XT (least likely option due to ray tracing and the extra cost).

Its crazy what's deemed by some to be acceptable pricing nowadays. Prices should continue to come down as the 4000 series get closer, but it's hard not to want the latest architecture.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah that's the most likely turn of events.

I wont get the 3070ti simply due to the 8GBs of RAM.

I think I'll wait to see what the likely performance of the 4000 series is going to be to see if any premium is worth it. Otherwise I'm looking at:
  1. EVGA 12GB 3080 you've mentioned
  2. MSI Ventus 3080 (also 12GB)
  3. Gigabyte 6800XT (least likely option due to ray tracing and the extra cost).

Its crazy what's deemed by some to be acceptable pricing nowadays. Prices should continue to come down as the 4000 series get closer, but it's hard not to want the latest architecture.
I agree 100% on the 8GB of the 3070. The 6800XT is a terrible deal. Go with the 6900XT.

Who knows, what will happen to prices. They could go lower, but its damn near impossible to say. Keep in mind that if you buy a 3080, you can always sell it to fund a 4000.

I have the 12GB 3080 from EVGA. The only reason that happened is because I was able to secure a 3080 from EVGA last year by being in the shuffle. I sold that one for $850 and basically paid $200 for 2GB extra memory and a better cooler.

The GREAT thing is that my 12GB 3080 should last a while. Even 1070s can still offer good gaming. I will probably skip the 4000 series, just like I decided to skip the Intel 12 series.

Hezekiah

Banned
I agree 100% on the 8GB of the 3070. The 6800XT is a terrible deal. Go with the 6900XT.

Who knows, what will happen to prices. They could go lower, but its damn near impossible to say. Keep in mind that if you buy a 3080, you can always sell it to fund a 4000.

I have the 12GB 3080 from EVGA. The only reason that happened is because I was able to secure a 3080 from EVGA last year by being in the shuffle. I sold that one for $850 and basically paid $200 for 2GB extra memory and a better cooler.

The GREAT thing is that my 12GB 3080 should last a while. Even 1070s can still offer good gaming. I will probably skip the 4000 series, just like I decided to skip the Intel 12 series.
Yeah that was a typo, link was to the 6900XT.

I still have a 1070ti! Tbf I've played plenty of 2019 games like Fallen Order, Doom, and Wolfenstein. Also played newer games like Halo Infinite. It's still going strong, but have been wanting to upgrade for some time.

OZ9000

Banned
I remember a time when technology moved so fast you had to buy a new PC every 3 years.

At last today that $1000 GPU will last you a long time if you're willing to play at 1080p.
I was rocking an i5 2500k for 5 years. My only upgrade was the AMD 6950 to a GTX 970.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Walmart)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Walmart)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB MECH OC Video Card
Case: Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Monitor: MSI Optix G241 23.8" 1920x1080

Going to build this for a friend. I am giving him the CPU and GPU. Mainly plays Valorant. Think this will be any good?

GreatnessRD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Walmart)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Walmart)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB MECH OC Video Card
Case: Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Monitor: MSI Optix G241 23.8" 1920x1080

Going to build this for a friend. I am giving him the CPU and GPU. Mainly plays Valorant. Think this will be any good?
Your parts are kinda all over the place and you can spend the money better on the CPU and GPU. What is the budget for this build? You also don't need a X570 motherboard especially if you're throwing in an APU.

Your parts are kinda all over the place and you can spend the money better on the CPU and GPU. What is the budget for this build? You also don't need a X570 motherboard especially if you're throwing in an APU.

I have the CPU and GPU laying around not being used. I've been debating whether I should tell him to buy a CPU that is better than the one I am giving him.

He does if he wants to upgrade to an 5800x3d or an 5900x eventually buuuut yeah if he won't do that and just wants a 5600 maybe, max, then Bumblebeetuna Bumblebeetuna you need to buy a cheaper board mate. That 3200g is stutter city so he should upgrade to at least zen 3 6 core asap.

I have the CPU and GPU laying around not being used. I've been debating whether I should tell him to buy a CPU that is better than the one I am giving him.
Depends on how long it takes him to buy a new processor. But that's nice of you to give those to him ; it's better than nothing!

GreatnessRD

Can't recall, but I do believe Valorant is CPU intensive. I don't play it so I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I did see it is intensive.

I put this list together. I kept the board you had since a lot of them were running around the same price and he can use some of the features in the future. But threw a 2TB SSD in there with the savings from that $300 case I'm sure he doesn't need.

StateofMajora StateofMajora He still doesn't need it if he isn't going to use all the I/O with that board. He'd still be fine with a quality B550 board to use either of those CPUs.

Can't recall, but I do believe Valorant is CPU intensive. I don't play it so I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I did see it is intensive.

I put this list together. I kept the board you had since a lot of them were running around the same price and he can use some of the features in the future. But threw a 2TB SSD in there with the savings from that $300 case I'm sure he doesn't need.

StateofMajora StateofMajora He still doesn't need it if he isn't going to use all the I/O with that board. He'd still be fine with a quality B550 board to use either of those CPUs.
Vrm performance matters.

5900x in particular is a hungry beast.

Have the x570 tuf board myself, it's good.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Vrm performance matters.

5900x in particular is a hungry beast.

Have the x570 tuf board myself, it's good.
I'm not saying your wrong about the VRMs, but there are a ton of quality B550 that are more than capable VRMs for either of those chips. Just saying you don't absolutely have to grab a X570 to run those as that's flat out not the case at all.

Also he is going to need that 3200g anyway to update the bios on that tuf board because it won't run zen 3 chips out of the box.

I'm not saying your wrong about the VRMs, but there are a ton of quality B550 that are more than capable VRMs for either of those chips. Just saying you don't absolutely have to grab a X570 to run those as that's flat out not the case at all.
It's just my advice as someone who has been cheap with mobos in the past and regretted it. I wasn't going to buy a cheap board since I was planning on getting the best zen chip am4 had to offer, I want the best Mobo to pair it with (within reason of course, there are some stupid expensive boards out there for whales.)

I would not want to do it, but hey. Definitely agree that an x570 is a waste on cheaper cpus. And 5700x could be good for a good b550 board seeing how it's got comparable efficiency to 5600x. Still impressed by that chip.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Just scored a EVGA FT3 3080TI for $1370 total cost. Not super amazing but I'll take it.Have a 2080s currently.

Anyway I currently have my old 3600xt that needs an upgrade next but I'm mostly wondering if my PSU will be fine with these:

asus x570 plus wifi mobo
32 GB RAM g.skillz 3200mh
3080ti
Ryzen 5 3600xt
Corsair RM750x

I'm picking up the 3080ti because I'm mostly gaming on a 55 oled I got hooked to my PC and the 2080s is a bit lacking for 4k.

Just scored a EVGA FT3 3080TI for $1370 total cost. Not super amazing but I'll take it.Have a 2080s currently.

Anyway I currently have my old 3600xt that needs an upgrade next but I'm mostly wondering if my PSU will be fine with these:

asus x570 plus wifi mobo
3080ti
Ryzen 5 3600xt
Corsair RM750x

I'm picking up the 3080ti because I'm mostly gaming on a 55 oled I got hooked to my PC and the 2080s is a bit lacking for 4k.
Should be ok. Maybe consider getting the lower powered 5700x as an upgrade to give your psu breathing room. Esp. if you normally target 60fps and not 120+.

God knows the next series of GPUs will be even more power hungry.

asus x570 plus wifi mobo
3080ti
Ryzen 5 3600xt
Corsair RM750x

Your PSU is questionable? I would at least get an 850 watt Platinum/Titanium when matched with a 3080 Ti FTW 3. This thing eats electricity like baked bean eating champion.
I went with a 1200watt PSU because I don't want no bullshit and for future upgrade/power hungry piece of shit GPU.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Your PSU is questionable? I would at least get an 850 watt Platinum/Titanium when matched with a 3080 Ti FTW 3. This thing eats electricity like baked bean eating champion.
I went with a 1200watt PSU because I don't want no bullshit and for future upgrade/power hungry piece of shit GPU.
It's a gold one, but yeah just 750.

I'm going to eventually build a "new" one for my wife with the spare parts I start leaving behind on this one, but it's going to happen gradually over a couple months or so. But do wanna mount the 3080ti asap lol

750watt psu is the least you'd want but Evga lists it as a 450w part and recommends a 750 watt psu minimum. So, definitely pushing it but he doesn't have a super hungry cpu at least.

1200watt psu... got dang that's too much power for a system to use. I've got an 750 watt gold myself so, I'm wondering what 4xxx card I'll be able to get away with.

750watt psu is the least you'd want but Evga lists it as a 450w part and recommends a 750 watt psu minimum. So, definitely pushing it but he doesn't have a super hungry cpu at least.

1200watt psu... got dang that's too much power for a system to use. I've got an 750 watt gold myself so, I'm wondering what 4xxx card I'll be able to get away with.

My PSU only delivers what is drawn from it. I have a 3070 Ti and an 850 watt PSU (80 plus Titanium) for 650 bucks + shipping. Maybe I'll throw it on the Market place, I just ordered a 3090 Ti FTW 3 and am keeping the 3080 Ti FTW3 as an extreme backup.

As for what EVGA suggests... I would upgrade PSU just to be safe. 3080 Ti puts out a lot of heat. When I walk by my rig, I can feel it. I'm going extreme air cooling route, maybe liquid in the future, I dunno. I am not a fan of FAN noise (lol) But, I am also leery of leaks from a liquid cooled rig.

My PSU only delivers what is drawn from it. I have a 3070 Ti and an 850 watt PSU (80 plus Titanium) for 650 bucks + shipping. Maybe I'll throw it on the Market place, I just ordered a 3090 Ti FTW 3 and am keeping the 3080 Ti FTW3 as an extreme backup.

As for what EVGA suggests... I would upgrade PSU just to be safe. 3080 Ti puts out a lot of heat. When I walk by my rig, I can feel it. I'm going extreme air cooling route, maybe liquid in the future, I dunno. I am not a fan of FAN noise (lol) But, I am also leery of leaks from a liquid cooled rig.
I know that, what I meant to say is I hope no gpu actually requires that ridiculous 1200watt psu lol.

I remember 1200 watt psus were reserved for like quad sli rigs back in the day!

Yeah, quad SLI and shit, but, now that SLI is almost a fucking ghost... Meh?
Never did sli. Turns out it was always shit, what with micro stutter and all :p

But wow did I think those quad sli gtx 580 set ups looked impressive.

Now a damn single 4090 is rumored to pull as many watts?! Something needs to be done about this power consumption lol.

Never did sli. Turns out it was always shit, what with micro stutter and all :p

But wow did I think those quad sli gtx 580 set ups looked impressive.

Now a damn single 4090 is rumored to pull as many watts?! Something needs to be done about this power consumption lol.

That's why I opted to just go for the full 30xx series. I'll take a step back for another few years and just enjoy what I have... I want to buy a display worthy of this setup, perhaps, on Black Friday. Final Piece.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wow. 3080s are actually getting close to the MSRP

$819 with rebate. Getting close to the original $699 MSRP. If we get under $800 it'll officially be game on.

$639 for a Radeon 6800XT. Best deal on a GPU since forever if you can get to a Microcenter

GreatnessRD

Wow. 3080s are actually getting close to the MSRP

$819 with rebate. Getting close to the original $699 MSRP. If we get under $800 it'll officially be game on.

$639 for a Radeon 6800XT. Best deal on a GPU since forever if you can get to a Microcenter
$820 isn't bad at all for an AIB card. Even if its the shit tier for MSI. I'll be surprised if the 3080s get under $800 though. I think this is just clearing out the last of the 10GB stock. I'm sure Nvidia is focused on the 3080 12GB version now.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
$820 isn't bad at all for an AIB card. Even if its the shit tier for MSI. I'll be surprised if the 3080s get under $800 though. I think this is just clearing out the last of the 10GB stock. I'm sure Nvidia is focused on the 3080 12GB version now.
Exactly. nvidia deeply regrets the $699 MSRP for the 3080. The 12GB allowed them to up the price.

Anyone reading this who wants a cheap 3080. If you see one under $800 and need something NOW that is the time to buy.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Exactly. nvidia deeply regrets the $699 MSRP for the 3080. The 12GB allowed them to up the price.

Anyone reading this who wants a cheap 3080. If you see one under $800 and need something NOW that is the time to buy.

Dj Khaled Yes GIF by VH1

Getting a bit nervous on the x3D from Amazon. Replacement ordered 29th of April, says arriving this coming Saturday but from what I hear the stock for this chip is still not at their warehouse.

Not opened the 5700x yet as I'm still testing the 1600af at 120hz on basically every game I play to see just how big the x3D upgrade will be. I will be sad if the x3D doesn't ship :/

1600af btw is really not enough for 120hz. Hits 70/80fps in metro Exodus at points, 90fps in Witcher 3 on max draw distance and sometimes stutters hard below that. Not gpu dips.

I remembered the hardware unboxed video that showed how pre Ryzen 5000 each gen had more driver overhead for current Nvidia cards (Ryzen 1/+ having a big bottleneck, zen 2 still having a significant bottleneck) so I wonder even with instances of the 3060 hitting full gpu load on 1600af, will the x3D just unlock more of performance of the 3060 because of that driver overhead not being there, is what I'm really interested in.

Ingeniero

Hi gamers.
Long time no see.
Long story short, my gaming laptop died :/ It was a ASUS ROG Strix with a 1060 GTXM graphics card, RIP.

So I’m on the market for a new gaming device, laptop or desktop.
Main use: Gaming.
I’ve not been following the scene lately so I’m lost and I don’t know what are the best options atm.

My budget is around USD 1300~1500.

Thanks in advance 👍🏽

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Hi gamers.
Long time no see.
Long story short, my gaming laptop died :/ It was a ASUS ROG Strix with a 1060 GTXM graphics card, RIP.

I’ve not been following the scene lately so I’m lost and I don’t know what are the best options atm.

Thanks in advance 👍🏽
I’m selling a laptop that has those specs. PM me if you want to discuss. It’ll obviously cost far less than your budget.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hi gamers.
Long time no see.

Thanks in advance 👍🏽
Looking very near your $1500 top you can get an open box buy from Best Buy that you could eventually put into a better case with better airflow

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-ome...080-1tb-ssd-jet-black/6487503.p?skuId=6487503

Hi gamers.
Long time no see.

Thanks in advance 👍🏽
If a desktop is what you want, and you're willing to build it :

Intel I5 12400 cpu, 32gb of ddr4 at 3200mhz.

Edit : Whoops that was the wrong link for ram.. here you go, 3200mhz ddr4 for less than $120 : Link

You can upgrade the cpu to an 8 core 13 series later, when they are getting discontinued on sale. 12400 is best bang for the buck.

Found it for $160 - i5 12400

Best cpu you can currently buy is the Ryzen 5800x3d, but it's hard to get and there's no upgrade path since am5 is coming out this year.

Rtx 3060 would be a great upgrade from your mobile 1060, and that way you're not spending as much on a 3080 because we are getting the 4xxx series this year anyway. At least get an 750watt power supply, but 850watt makes more sense if you plan on buying high end graphics cards like 4080 in the future as they're power hungry. 750watt if you stick to xx60/70 series cards.

Last edited:

raduque

I currently have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a 2080 8gb and 16gb DDR4-3000. Motherboard is an MSI B350M Bazooka. Is the B350 holding back my CPU in any way? It seems like it never hits 4.2ghz, or if it does, it doesn't sustain it for more than a few seconds. My GF's PC has an Asrock B450 with a Ryzen 5 1400. Would it be beneficial for me to swap boards between the PCs?

I currently have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a 2080 8gb and 16gb DDR4-3000. Motherboard is an MSI B350M Bazooka. Is the B350 holding back my CPU in any way? It seems like it never hits 4.2ghz, or if it does, it doesn't sustain it for more than a few seconds. My GF's PC has an Asrock B450 with a Ryzen 5 1400. Would it be beneficial for me to swap boards between the PCs?
That's definitely normal for 3600, as 4.2ghz boost rating is the theoretical max. Pointless to swap.

Ok, thanks. It usually hits around 4.02ghz-4.08ghz. MSI released a new BIOS to support 5000 series chips, so I had been thinking of picking up an 8-core one.
I wouldn't go higher than the 5700x on that board FYI. It's an 8 core 99% as good as the 5800x but uses almost half the power.

They're currently around 300 dollars but they will probably be significantly cheaper around zen 4 launch.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I bought that $819 MSI 3080. I have run several benchmarks and it comes very close to the 12 GB 3080 by Evga which consumes 400 watts compared to the 300 watt MSI ventus. Temps are roughly the same at around 70 degrees though so the MSI cooling solution isnt as good as EVGA's given how its running at slower clocks and has 2 fewer GB of ram.

Some results:
Red Dead 2 benchmark: 12 gb has a 1 fps lead.
Cyberpunk benchmark: 12 gb has a 3 fps lead.
Control Corridor of doom: 2-3 fps lead
Metro exodus: 3-4 fps lead.

For an extra $200, I dont think the 12 GB EVGA FTW3 is worth it. I was able to overclock the MSI card with no noticeable impact on thermals or wattage, and gained roughly 1-3 fps. cyberpunk's lead was down to just 1 fps.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I bought that $819 MSI 3080. I have run several benchmarks and it comes very close to the 12 GB 3080 by Evga which consumes 400 watts compared to the 300 watt MSI ventus. Temps are roughly the same at around 70 degrees though so the MSI cooling solution isnt as good as EVGA's given how its running at slower clocks and has 2 fewer GB of ram.

Some results:
Red Dead 2 benchmark: 12 gb has a 1 fps lead.
Cyberpunk benchmark: 12 gb has a 3 fps lead.
Control Corridor of doom: 2-3 fps lead
Metro exodus: 3-4 fps lead.

For an extra $200, I dont think the 12 GB EVGA FTW3 is worth it. I was able to overclock the MSI card with no noticeable impact on thermals or wattage, and gained roughly 1-3 fps. cyberpunk's lead was down to just 1 fps.
You buy the 3080 12GB for the 20% more memory. That 2GB could extend the life of the GPU for a year or two. That COULD matter.

Despite conditions drastically improving in the last month, I didn't think we had a prayers chance of a 10GB 3080 being available for $819. You had the 3070 Ti's going for $650 - $850 and the 12GB 3080s going for $999 - $1300 (The EVGA $999 was the obvious choice) and you had a select few 10 GB 3080s selling for around $900 and at that price it made sense to spend a little more and go for the 12GB model. The $819 10GB 3080 from MSI changes that.

For the record, I am honestly legit shocked we got a regular 3080 selling at that price $819 (w/ rebate). That's getting rather close to the original $699 MSRP. If that happens, it will be an incredible day for gamers who have sat out for the past generation.

This is truly the best time to buy a GPU and at the same time, the worst time! If you need something NOW and only consider nvidia, I still BARELY recommend the $999 12GB 3080 over an $800 10GB 3080 since it's more future proof. If they drop even lower, then the 3080 10GB becomes a very attractive option.

But then again, if you need something NOW, the 6800XT and 6900XT are sometimes selling at or even below MSRP.

Last edited:
Says the 5800x3D shipped, hooray! Should be here tomorrow. I'll post 720p performance comparisons this week between it and the 1600af.

RubberedDucky

Neo Member
Helping a buddy spec a build for his existing 1080p 75hz display. Would a 5600X + 3060 do the trick? What if I convinced him to go 1440p 144hz? 5600X + 3070?

Helping a buddy spec a build for his existing 1080p 75hz display. Would a 5600X + 3060 do the trick? What if I convinced him to go 1440p 144hz? 5600X + 3070?
5600x plus 3060 is more than good enough for 1080p 60/75hz. overkill really.

I recommend an Intel board plus the cheaper (and better) i5 12400 though. Unless he already has an am4 motherboard, then 5600 is great.

Last edited:

Got the 5800x3D running! Saved screenshots of games performance using the 1600af. Userbenchmark says the x3D result is in the 98th percentile... so, damn. Either barely anyone has tested theirs or I got a good one. Haven't tuned memory yet, haven't undervolted anything either, just out of the box with xmp enabled.

Here's 2 results at 720p (720p because I have 3060, not 3080+), i'm sure you can tell which is the 1600af and which is the 5800x3d :

Crysis Warhead :

np8QE5i.png

CxrFe5t.png

^^ 1% low of 51 (1600) to 127 (x3D). 120fps on warhead is doable now.

Kingdom come deliverance :

D4QVrGm.png

BVn4ubx.png

^^ 1% low of 22 (1600) to 59 (x3D).. aaaalmost 60fps on the x3D, good thing I can tweak the system still. Look at how awful it was on the 1600af lol.

Can test more games if anyone asks, but these are the worst 2 unoptimized cpu games I have, so. Very very happy! :D

GreatnessRD

Got the 5800x3D running! Saved screenshots of games performance using the 1600af. Userbenchmark says the x3D result is in the 98th percentile... so, damn. Either barely anyone has tested theirs or I got a good one. Haven't tuned memory yet, haven't undervolted anything either, just out of the box with xmp enabled.

Here's 2 results at 720p (720p because I have 3060, not 3080+), i'm sure you can tell which is the 1600af and which is the 5800x3d :

Crysis Warhead :

np8QE5i.png

CxrFe5t.png

^^ 1% low of 51 (1600) to 127 (x3D). 120fps on warhead is doable now.

Kingdom come deliverance :

D4QVrGm.png

BVn4ubx.png

^^ 1% low of 22 (1600) to 59 (x3D).. aaaalmost 60fps on the x3D, good thing I can tweak the system still. Look at how awful it was on the 1600af lol.

Can test more games if anyone asks, but these are the worst 2 unoptimized cpu games I have, so. Very very happy! :D
Glad you got the 5800X3D! Userbenchmark is the worst place to look for test scores. It's absurdly bias with its scores. I don't know who hurt them at AMD, but somebody's wife at Userbenchmark had an affair with an AMD employee. 😆

Like, it has a 3070 beating a 6800 XT in their rankings. Can't take you seriously after that, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom