• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2021. Sold Out Edition.

grkazan12

Just won a $1,000 Visa gift card from work and I'm think of getting a tower. Currently on a 980ti, i5 2500k, and 8gb of ram. Thinking of getting the rig below from eCollegepc for $2,700 or should I just wait a bit longer for new AMD CPUs and the 4000 series?
  • Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact
  • Ryzen 5900x
  • Corsair 115i COU Cooler
  • ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO MOBO | PCIe 4.0
  • 32Gb G.skill DDR4 at 3200mhz CL16
  • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
  • 3080ti EVGA FTW
  • CORSAIR RM850

GymWolf

I need an advise for a new psu for the new build (4000 series most probably, a couple of ssd, probably an intel 12600\700 or amd counterpart, 16\32 gb ram, no overlock whatsoever).

I kinda restricted the field to those 4 models

This one is a bit out of budget but if the difference is noticeable, then i can think about it

P.s. (this is amazon.com that i chose for your reading comfort, italian prices are a bit cheaper)

Kataploom

Gold Member
I need an advise for a new psu for the new build (4000 series most probably, a couple of ssd, probably an intel 12600\700 or amd counterpart, 16\32 gb ram, no overlock whatsoever).

I kinda restricted the field to those 4 models

This one is a bit out of budget but if the difference is noticeable, then i can think about it

P.s. (this is amazon.com that i chose for your reading comfort, italian prices are a bit cheaper)
I think this is a little tricky cause we don’t know how much power will the 4000 series consume, and its rumored to be a lot

Last edited:

GymWolf

I think this is a little tricky cause we don’t know hot much power will the 4000 series consume, and its rumored to be a lot
Well i was going to buy a 750w until like a week ago, so 850w is already an upgraded version of my original plan...

And like i said, i do zero overclock on both gpu and cpu so i'm not your typical master race who squeeze blood from their builds.

fuck me do i really need a 1000w? a week ago i thought that even a 750w was overkill...

I kinda wanna buy now without waiting because i have the very little suspect that my current xfx 550w from like 6 years old is starting to fail on me...

In the past month i had like 3-4 occasions where the pc tried to turn on 3-4 times for like 3-4 seconds before actually going on with the process, like it start doing the usual mechanical starting sounds, then it die, then it turn on again do the the same and die again, repeat for 3-4 times.

I have no idea if it could be a psu related problem but people always told me that my current 550w bronze is a bit small for my config so i'm kinda trying to catch 2 birds with a psu here...

Last edited:

amigastar

I think this is a little tricky cause we don’t know hot much power will the 4000 series consume, and its rumored to be a lot
Thats true, but i think the 4060 Ti will be still moderate in Power consumption but like you said we don't know for sure.
GymWolf GymWolf No 1000w is an overkill for sure. I have 750 Watts and i'm going for a 4060Ti once it comes out.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Thats true, but i think the 4060 Ti will be still moderate in Power consumption but like you said we don't know for sure.
GymWolf GymWolf No 1000w is an overkill for sure. I have 750 Watts and i'm going for a 4060Ti once it comes out.
If the prices are not completely absurd, i'm gonna try my hard to get at least a 4070\4080, i want a REAL 4K60 gpu this time, i'm done with 1440 fucking Pevees :lollipop_squinting:

But i refuse to believe that a 4000 series is gonna consume like 3 times my current 2070super...

Last edited:

amigastar

If the prices are not completely absurd, i'm gonna try my hard to get at least a 4070\4080, i want a REAL 4K60 gpu this time, i'm done with 1440 fucking pies...
three-finger-salute-good-luck.gif

amigastar

Side question, what do you think about my pc acting like a zombie during the turning on process that i described in my previous post.

Please tell me that this is a classic psu failure sign.
Well all i know is that on my old PC my father has now the Monitor turned itself off and the problem was only one of my PCI Connection cable on the Graphics card was plugged in, so yes it could be your graphics card doesn't get enough juice.
The Founders Edition of RTX 3090 uses officialy 350 Watt. The new 4000 series top models will use something like 420-450 watts according to my research.
GymWolf GymWolf Also i've read that nvidia recommends psu with 750watts for the RTX3090 so for the new 4070/80 series you should be fine with 850 watts psu.
dtXifjxt3yZzh2dLJ2Q8Z5-970-80.png.webp

Last edited:

GymWolf

Well all i know is that on my old PC my father has now the Monitor turned itself off and the problem was only one of my PCI Connection cable on the Graphics card was plugged in, so yes it could be your graphics card doesn't get enough juice.
The Founders Edition of RTX 3090 uses officialy 350 Watt. The new 4000 series top models will use something like 420-450 watts according to my research.
So how do we get from that to needing a 1000w psu? i'm not informed on how much an intel 12600k consume but it can't be 400w right?

Returning to my zombie problem, it's not the gpu that doens't receive enough power, when the pc try to start, he survive for like 3 sec then it COMPLETELY die, like someone cutting the power, it's not like having a black screen because the gpu doens't work, it does that for like 3-4 times until it finally start.

That's why i thought it was a psu failing problem, but with PCs you can't never be sure...

Last edited:

Kenpachii

So how do we get from that to needing a 1000w psu? i'm not informed on how much an intel 12600k consume but it can't be 400w right?

Returning to my zombie problem, it's not the gpu that doens't receive enough power, when the pc try to start, he survive for like 3 sec then it COMPLETELY die, like someone cutting the power, it's not like having a black screen because the gpu doens't work, it does that for like 3-4 times until it finally start.

That's why i thought it was a psu failing problem, but with PCs you can't never be sure...

Nobody knows what's wrong with your PC. If you want to know what's wrong with your PC then u need to troubleshoot it one for one and see what the issue is. It could be as little as a fan not being connected towards the right plug in your motherboard or as big as your cpu being a dud.

Reset everything back to stock, recheck everything if everything is connected well and redo everything if you can + update the bios of your motherboard as it could be outdated. Then fresh windows install with a SSD connected towards it and check everything out from temps to noise to motherboard settings and if your motherboard isn't shortcutting with the case etc.

Remove parts to check if problems get solved if issue's stay and go on from there.

About the watt idea.

U are talking about u want a 4080, the next lineup of gpu's are going to be watt monsters, this is well known already. how much nobody knows but with a 3090 already having a base of 350w and amd breathing down there necks u can expect that card to hit 400+ watt and probably 500+ watt for aftermarket solutions. The next cpu's are also not looking to good with wattage solutions, i have no clue what a 12600k pushes, but its big bother can push a lot of watt forwards when stressed out.

Now how powersupply's work is, if you have 1000w, u never want to consume a constant 1000w. Those powersupply's aren't working in those manners. U want to have room to catch up spikes. a 750w with a 500w gpu and a 200w cpu doesn't work well. U will want to have a 1000w powersupply that is quality if you want to go there. This is also why in that list above people are advicing 1000w with a 3090 because if you bought into a evga 3090 and its oced yea good luck.

For example, i got a 9900k that pulls at best 175w, a 3080 tuf oc which pulls at max 350w, that's 525w, got some watt left for other stuff and boom that's 25% away from 750w. Works fine.

however if i bought a 3090 from evga and oced it through the roof with 525w consumption, and had a 12900k with that, my system will shut down 24/7 and most likely kill my hardware while at it even while evga rates 350w for there gpu and the cpu with intel rates 125w.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Just won a $1,000 Visa gift card from work and I'm think of getting a tower. Currently on a 980ti, i5 2500k, and 8gb of ram. Thinking of getting the rig below from eCollegepc for $2,700 or should I just wait a bit longer for new AMD CPUs and the 4000 series?
  • Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact
  • Ryzen 5900x
  • Corsair 115i COU Cooler
  • ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO MOBO | PCIe 4.0
  • 32Gb G.skill DDR4 at 3200mhz CL16
  • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
  • 3080ti EVGA FTW
  • CORSAIR RM850
If you're not in a rush, I'd say wait to see what Zen 3D has to offer. But if you need to scratch that itch, then by all means. The system looks good, just that $2700 looks yuck, lol

Good luck with whatever you decide, friend!

grkazan12

If you're not in a rush, I'd say wait to see what Zen 3D has to offer. But if you need to scratch that itch, then by all means. The system looks good, just that $2700 looks yuck, lol

Good luck with whatever you decide, friend!
Thanks for the advice man! Is there any eta on when Zen 3D will be released for sale?

Quick edit: Did a quick search and is it really the first half of 2022 (Q1/Q2)? If that's the case, then maybe waiting a bit more wouldn't hurt :)

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Thanks for the advice man! Is there any eta on when Zen 3D will be released for sale?

Quick edit: Did a quick search and is it really the first half of 2022 (Q1/Q2)? If that's the case, then maybe waiting a bit more wouldn't hurt :)
Yeah, it'll be announced in January. And rumors suggest it will be available in Feb. I'm also waiting for Zen 3D to upgrade from this 3700x. Fingers crossed they add the V-Cache to the 5800x as that's what I'm aiming for. Was the 5900x at first, but just for gaming makes absolutely no sense, lol.

GreatnessRD

I just noticed this on Geforce Experience app, and I'm sure it's already been discussed. Looks like we're getting DLSS support with GoW! Psyched to replay this in all it's PC glory.

BnGgXIp.png
Even at 4K, I'd be very surprised if a 6800/3070 and up couldn't brute force this game over 60 unless you want a super high refresh. I think at high settings it should be enough. Ultra might be different, sure.

I_D

This happened at the last house I lived in, and I never figured out a fix. Hopefully you guys can help out.

I have all of my computers plugged into the same router, all using the same ISP. I'm not trying anything fancy at all.
I have used the built-in Windows (10) "Advanced Sharing" feature to allow for all of the machines to access each other.
This method has worked splendidly for months.

Now, after installing official Windows updates, none of the machines can see each other on the network. It's as if the entire thing has been eliminated.
And yet, all of them still have the proper settings. Everything is still, correctly, set to "Share."

Since the features are all set up correctly, I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Any ideas?

Valonquar

Newest versions of windows removed that feature for stupid reasons. You have to go into control panel > programs and features > add windows features and turn it back on

PanzerAzel

Looking for some advice.

I’m in the market for a new rig. I’m one usually to DIY, I have for my last two systems, but not this time. It entails at least a few months of research, reading everything I can get my hands on, watching YT tutorials, comparison of components, prices, compatibility….it’s just something I’m not up for, not to mention the supply/demand issues currently occurring for parts that’s going to necessitate a game I’ve no interest in playing whatsoever.

But I’ve waited two years for these issues to resolve. I don’t make the leap now, I’m never going to. They appear to be unending.

I have the money, I’m willing to splurge on the convenience. My budget is $5k. I’m looking for recommendations for decent pre-built rigs from reputable companies. I’ve purchased once from Alienware, I’m not interested. Currently eyeballing Doghouse Systems, but I can barely find anything about this company online in terms of reviews/quality. All I’ve seen is one webpage with glowing reviews (all from people who've written only one review), which is ringing alarm bells.

Any recommendations?

Finally got around to dismantling my old rig and I just wanted to post this somewhere where it will be appreciated. The Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, and Babe Ruth of CPUs….

SxIz60v.jpg

From the generational performance improvement, single threaded performance, insane OC headroom and longevity…we will likely never see another cpu like it again. It was so great that it basically took both AMD and Intel close 10 years to come up with something truly better. And Intel is still in some ways just putting out more refined versions of it.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Finally got around to dismantling my old rig and I just wanted to post this somewhere where it will be appreciated. The Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Tom Brady, and Babe Ruth of CPUs….

SxIz60v.jpg

From the generational performance improvement, single threaded performance, insane OC headroom and longevity…we will likely never see another cpu like it again. It was so great that it basically took both AMD and Intel close 10 years to come up with something truly better. And Intel is still in some ways just putting out more refined versions of it.

Any 4/8 core cpu aged well. 2600k was nothing special.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nice. I was just thinking about asking you what you decided to go with. I like that one too.
heads up
I am RMAing the secretlab 2022 chair you recommended me.
The back lumbar supports creaks like crazy. It works but it's just noisy as hell.
hope they can deliver a replacement. If not, I am demanding refund and going for razer iskur chair.
Shame because that chair is excellent otherwise !

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Was planning to upgrade my X570/3900X to Alder Lake 12700K, but Microcenter talked me out of it.
They said my 850 watt gold power supply was going to be getting close to its limit with my 3080. Seemed like a stretch but I’ll take what MC employees say with consideration. They also didn’t have any brackets for my NZXT AIO which meant I’d have to buy an all new AIO for LGA1700 which I don’t believe they had any in stock. With all that working against me I decided to just replace my 3900X with a 5800X. I lost 4 cores but I’d gain performance in gaming due to better IPC. I also upgraded to a 1000W platinum PSU for the future. I’ll consider INTEL at some point but it isn’t there with Alder Lake. They need to work on power draw and compatibility issues (Denovo)

GreatnessRD

Was planning to upgrade my X570/3900X to Alder Lake 12700K, but Microcenter talked me out of it.
They said my 850 watt gold power supply was going to be getting close to its limit with my 3080. Seemed like a stretch but I’ll take what MC employees say with consideration. They also didn’t have any brackets for my NZXT AIO which meant I’d have to buy an all new AIO for LGA1700 which I don’t believe they had any in stock. With all that working against me I decided to just replace my 3900X with a 5800X. I lost 4 cores but I’d gain performance in gaming due to better IPC. I also upgraded to a 1000W platinum PSU for the future. I’ll consider INTEL at some point but it isn’t there with Alder Lake. They need to work on power draw and compatibility issues (Denovo)
Unless you were overclocking, then the 850w should've been fine. With that said, I feel you made out with a better deal anyway grabbing the 5800x. With DDR5 being priced like a GPU, I don't think the juice would've been worth the squeeze. Ramp up for Meteor Lake or Zen4.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Looking for some advice.

I’m in the market for a new rig. I’m one usually to DIY, I have for my last two systems, but not this time. It entails at least a few months of research, reading everything I can get my hands on, watching YT tutorials, comparison of components, prices, compatibility….it’s just something I’m not up for, not to mention the supply/demand issues currently occurring for parts that’s going to necessitate a game I’ve no interest in playing whatsoever.

But I’ve waited two years for these issues to resolve. I don’t make the leap now, I’m never going to. They appear to be unending.

I have the money, I’m willing to splurge on the convenience. My budget is $5k. I’m looking for recommendations for decent pre-built rigs from reputable companies. I’ve purchased once from Alienware, I’m not interested. Currently eyeballing Doghouse Systems, but I can barely find anything about this company online in terms of reviews/quality. All I’ve seen is one webpage with glowing reviews (all from people who've written only one review), which is ringing alarm bells.

Any recommendations?

If you're dead-set on a prebuilt (not actually a terrible idea with the chip shortages projected to stretch on for another year minimum) and willing to pay a massive premium for a quality product, check out Origin PC. I know a couple people who have had good results and praise their customer service.

I've heard good things about Computer Upgrade King too, although personally having "CUK" insignia all over my rig would be a deal breaker. 😆

GreatnessRD

Looking for some advice.

Any recommendations?
For a budget of 5K, you could have the world and shouldn't settle for anything less with a Pre-built, lol

Get your hands dirty again. AND save you some money in the long run.
I've heard good things about Computer Upgrade King too, although personally having "CUK" insignia all over my rig would be a deal breaker. 😆
This is the funniest thing I've seen, lmao. That wouldn't be good at all!

How long should I be able to survive just eating the stuff I cleaned out of my keyboard? If the answer is in months does that indicate I need to shake out my keyboard more than once every two years?

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Fuck me i don't know if i wanna buy some stuff during black friday or to sit and wait for when i'm gonna be close to actually build the whole thing for the big upgrade (when 4000 series is gonna come out)

Is it stupid to buy a fast pcie 4 ssd at a good price now if i'm gonna upgrade in a year from now?!

Last edited:

Saucy Papi

Fuck me i don't know if i wanna buy some stuff during black friday or waiting for when i'm gonna be close to actually build the whole thing for the big upgrade (when 4000 series is gonna come out).

Is it stupid to buy a fast pcie 4 ssd at a good price now if i'm gonna upgrade in a year from now?!
Only you can answer that. I'm personally waiting.

GreatnessRD

Fuck me i don't know if i wanna buy some stuff during black friday or to sit and wait for when i'm gonna be close to actually build the whole thing for the big upgrade (when 4000 series is gonna come out)

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Don't blow money just to blow money. Save that for when you're actually gonna build. Some parts you were gonna buy might even be cheaper next year when you start the new build.

GymWolf

Only you can answer that. I'm personally waiting.
the fact is, if i wait 1 year to buy a new ssd, the new pcie 5.0 models are gonna be super pricey (like the pcie 4.0 models at launch) compared to buying a state of the art pcie4 now at a far lower price, and since games are made with console specifics in mind, we probably never gonna really take advantage from these pcie 5.0 anyway... i mean it's not like buying a super powerfull cpu or gpu where you can always aim to higher settings, ssd doesn't work in that way, we kinda already reached diminishing return with loading times.

On paper it sound really stupid to wait, it's just pc master race mentality where you want the newest shiny thing even if you probably don't need it.
Same for ddr5 ram.

For the psu is more complicated because people in here told me that a 850w psy may be not enough for nvidia 4000 series, so it kinda make sense to wait, even if i'm really curious to see how my current pc is gonna fair switching from a decent 550w bronze to a top tier 850w gold :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
the fact is, if i wait 1 year to buy a new ssd, the new pcie 5.0 models are gonna be super pricey (like the pcie 4.0 models at launch) compared to buying a state of the art pcie4 now at a far lower price, and since games are made with console specifics in mind, we probably never gonna really take advantage from these pcie 5.0 anyway... i mean it's not like buying a super powerfull cpu or gpu where you can always aim to higher settings, ssd doesn't work in that way, we kinda already reached diminishing return with loading times.

On paper it sound really stupid to wait, it's just pc master race mentality where you want the newest shiny thing even if you probably don't need it.
Same for ddr5 ram.

For the psu is more complicated because people in here told me that a 850w psy may be not enough for nvidia 4000 series, so it kinda make sense to wait, even if i'm really curious to see how my current pc is gonna fair switching from a decent 550w bronze to a top tier 850w gold :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I hate telling people to wait for the next thing because there will always be a next thing. But I'd wait until I need the part in your situation.

If you wait a year until you need the part, you can get the part you're looking at now cheaper, since that's typically how technology pricing works. You end up with the same part and pay less. In a year though you might decide you would rather have the newer part for a variety of reasons, and you're free to do so since you don't already have the older part.

In a year PCIe 4.0 drives will be just fine for gaming and I'm sure PCIe 3.0 will be too. Games barely utilize the extra speed of PCIe 3.0 drives over Sata III right now and I doubt things will change drastically by then. If they do, you leave yourself with more options by waiting it out.

Saucy Papi

Same for ddr5 ram.

That's true but 4.0 drives are going to tank in price when 5.0 drives release to the point I would expect the SN850 drive to be $150 on a normal day. Same with DDR4 memory. I actually saw 32gb 3600 for $99. That's an insanely good price and will last you for several years.

As far as PSUs go, I would honestly go for 1000w. It'll give you more overhead and if the rumors are to be believed, the new flagship GPUs will require it.

GymWolf

That's true but 4.0 drives are going to tank in price when 5.0 drives release to the point I would expect the SN850 drive to be $150 on a normal day. Same with DDR4 memory. I actually saw 32gb 3600 for $99. That's an insanely good price and will last you for several years.

As far as PSUs go, I would honestly go for 1000w. It'll give you more overhead and if the rumors are to be believed, the new flagship GPUs will require it.
The sn850 is like 136 euros NOW during the black friday (that's why i was in a hurry to buy it), in a year is gonna cost like half the price you say :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I already have 16gb ddr4 3200 so to have a big jump i'm kinda forced to wait for ddr5...

Yeah i think i'm gonna wait a bit to buy something for the new build.

GymWolf

I hate telling people to wait for the next thing because there will always be a next thing. But I'd wait until I need the part in your situation.

If you wait a year until you need the part, you can get the part you're looking at now cheaper, since that's typically how technology pricing works. You end up with the same part and pay less. In a year though you might decide you would rather have the newer part for a variety of reasons, and you're free to do so since you don't already have the older part.

In a year PCIe 4.0 drives will be just fine for gaming and I'm sure PCIe 3.0 will be too. Games barely utilize the extra speed of PCIe 3.0 drives over Sata III right now and I doubt things will change drastically by then. If they do, you leave yourself with more options by waiting it out.
Yeah you have a point.

PanzerAzel

If you're dead-set on a prebuilt (not actually a terrible idea with the chip shortages projected to stretch on for another year minimum) and willing to pay a massive premium for a quality product, check out Origin PC. I know a couple people who have had good results and praise their customer service.

🤣

After some more research, I’m probably going to go with IBuyPower or CyberPowerPC, and leaning more towards the former. I was initially considering Origin PC but have heard some horror stories about their customer service.
For a budget of 5K, you could have the world and shouldn't settle for anything less with a Pre-built, lol

Get your hands dirty again. AND save you some money in the long run.

This is the funniest thing I've seen, lmao. That wouldn't be good at all!
Thanks, but I’m looking for Intel/Nvidia. Been a loyal customer since forever and they’ve never done me wrong. Also looking to have a completed rig shipped to my door ready to go, as I have no interest at all to put shit together this time.

amigastar

🤣

After some more research, I’m probably going to go with IBuyPower or CyberPowerPC, and leaning more towards the former. I was initially considering Origin PC but have heard some horror stories about their customer service.

Thanks, but I’m looking for Intel/Nvidia. Been a loyal customer since forever and they’ve never done me wrong. Also looking to have a completed rig shipped to my door ready to go, as I have no interest at all to put shit together this time.
yeah me too man. Intel/Nvidia is the way to go for me also.

jaysius

Banned
I've been tempted to get a cheap PC for now and then throw a video card in it later, I was looking at the 5700g as the APU, but should I just wait for the 6000 series with the potential RDNA 2 APUs? If it does have the RDNA 2 APU then it'll probably be extremely expensive right?

My main platform is Xbox Series X, this PC in Canada with all the best prices would still cost $800+ even without an SSD(I have plenty lying around).

I'm not sure if it's worth it for a 5700g PC.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Black_Stride Black_Stride told me to come here whenever I have questions . So I'm jumping from console gaming to PC gaming after a long thought and alot of thinking and reading of course.

enough of me and let me show you my build and one question that I need an answer for :

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AM4 AMD X570S SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD ( MOBO )

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Vermeer Zen 3 ( CPU )

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ( RAM )

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 X TRIO ( GPU )

NZXT Kraken X73 RGB 360mm ( CPU Cooler )

LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ( Case )

CORSAIR RMx White Series RM850x White Fully Modular ( PSU )

Samsung 980 SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe ( Storage )

ok I was going to search for monitors but weeks ago I got LG C1 55" and my question is .. can I use it as a monitor ?

or should I get a monitor to fully get the most out of my PC ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Saucy Papi

Black_Stride Black_Stride told me to come here whenever I have questions . So I'm jumping from console gaming to PC gaming after a long thought and alot of thinking and reading of course.

enough of me and let me show you my build and one question that I need an answer for :

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero AM4 AMD X570S SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD ( MOBO )

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Vermeer Zen 3 ( CPU )

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ( RAM )

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 X TRIO ( GPU )

NZXT Kraken X73 RGB 360mm ( CPU Cooler )

LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ( Case )

CORSAIR RMx White Series RM850x White Fully Moudler ( PSU )

Samsung 980 SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe ( Storage )

ok I was going to search for monitors but weeks ago I got LG C1 55" and my question is .. can I use it as a monitor ?

or should I get a monitor to fully get the most out of my PC ?

thanks in advance
You can but just be careful with burn in as that's an OLED screen. As far as "getting the most" out of your PC, the LG C1 will do 4K@120 as well as G-Sync so it'll certainly give you the best gaming performance out of all the 55 inch screens right now. It can also do VRR and Freesync.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
You can but just be careful with burn in as that's an OLED screen. As far as "getting the most" out of your PC, the LG C1 will do 4K@120 as well as G-Sync so it'll certainly give you the best gaming performance out of all the 55 inch screens right now. It can also do VRR and Freesync.

How can I minimize the risk of burn in? is there something I can do ?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Change your wallpaper regularly, avoid having icons on your desktop, auto hide taskbar...

There are some reddit posts specifying configurations and tricks to use OLED on PC for gaming.
Sure, no problem. Don't let the fear of burn in scare you away. The LG C1 is the best gaming TV on the market by far. All HDMI inputs are 2.1, it can do native 1440p, support for VRR/Freesync/G-Sync, etc... The list goes on.

will do

thank you so much

Top Bottom