• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2020. Ray Tracing. 120Hz-360Hz. Next-Gen Already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

MuUslUC.png

VF59b10.png

TqJPJ7L.png

Builds will be updated as new components release, or when prices of components noticeably change.

9/5 Update: PSU upgraded Ampere, Ampere GPUs added.

Intel
pIo507p.png

AMD
E4p5Dyd.png

Click Here to See Air Cooler Recommendations from Ascend Ascend . Thanks.

gvApQ53.png

Personal choice so check out what else is available but here are some good fairly recent options.

Phanteks Eclipse P400A
Fractal Meshify S2

RJmnh.png

Thanks GHG GHG this vid has a good selection of mice plus details how to choose a mouse

RNhwyVJ.png

PC Monitors also double as great console gaming displays.
  • make sure it has HDMI(HDMI 2.0 or higher with HDCP2.2 for 4K), some older monitors are not supported.
  • Budget 1080p monitors are good for all current and previous gen consoles.
  • Xbox One X, Xbox Series X and PS5 support for 120 Hz PC Monitors.
  • 4K Monitors can work well for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, but most monitors currently lack true HDR.

PC monitors today are pushing the boundaries.

ROG Swift PG258Q 1080p 240Hz 25 Inch
ACER CG437K 4K 144Hz 43 Inch

TQmCdrT.png

The Tech Report
PC Perspective
AnandTech
TechPowerUp
Silent PC Review
HardOCP
Hardware Canucks
Jonnyguru
HardwareSecrets

nzRNdmF.png

MSI Afterburner (aka RivaTuner) allows you to manage GPU overclocking, fan speed/profiles and chart many aspects of your GPU.
CPU-Z - gathers information on your Motherboard, BIOS, CPU, FSB, VCORE voltage and memory timings.
GPU-Z gathers information (Speed, architecture, temps) on your video card and GPU.
Real Temp allows you to monitor the temperature of your CPU core(s).
HWInfo allows you to monitor fan speed, temperature, voltage, etc.
CrystalDiskMark Tests read and write speed of your hard drives.
OCCT allows you to stress test your CPU and GPU, along with GPU memory.
Prime95 allows you to stress test your CPU and RAM for stability.
FURMark allows you to stress test your video card.
Memtest86+ allows you to run a full memory scan to deal with the blue screen of death and system errors.

DIauxdG.png

2018-2019 Thread
2017 Thread

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Lol, what a fanboy. AMD only goes up to "very good/great" and intel to "ultimate" because apparently the ultimate gaming threshold just happens to be the top end most expensive Intel CPU and anything just below that, even 1-2%, regardless of price/game performance is just, not, what luck!

Even though in the carefully chosen and linked benchmarks from one site the difference can be like 2 fps (and therefor margin of error) in several games, bigger than that in some others, and higher than Intel in yet more, or with higher lows and lower highs and vice versa.

Same for the medium range stuff with Intel going up to "great" but AMD only up to "good", hahaha, that "great" threshold is once again just what little edge Intel may have on this or that game/engine and anything else doesn't matter!

So AMD's top end stuff only reach up to Intel's medium range which is "great" gaming for these! Yup, how accurate, objective representation of everything in here! No biases!

PS: never had an AMD CPU myself, though that'll probably change this or the next year if things keep going the way they have been.

Your tag should be "ask me about our lord and savior Intel" dude, hahaha :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: obviously OP has been heavily edited with silly excuses, no reason to quote me now folks, there's a hint of it left still (edit again: ok that was finally mostly removed, now all can see AMD builds can be essentially/practically equal for less money, therefor better), lol, previously it was pathetic.

Last edited:

Dory16

Banned
Good looking out, at least it provides concrete numbers for people who contemplate switching from console to PC. Seems like 1500 buys me something absolutely solid. That's 3 xbox series X's though so still thinking.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Ultimate is the best money can buy. which is 9900k and 2080ti.
Too bad there are several lower end models included in that Ultimate tier for that argument to work :)

A- for effort though! Leonidas approved!

Edit: also, there are explanations to the right and none of the explanations are your claim. Read the whole thing before reactionary replies maybe? It even has the same "ultimate" category on the AMD side, but no AMD hardware has more threads than "great" stuff or can do 1440p to 4K, lol?!
^ It's no secret that he's biased against AMD. I mean, putting the 5700XT in the same category as the 1660Ti just to keep the 2070 Super in a superior tier is a joke.
I mean, duh, I know, but he and others will still reply like how he's being objective and if only AMD did better he'd be glad to put them in the same tiers, lol, *cough*bullshit*cough*!

Good looking out, at least it provides concrete numbers for people who contemplate switching from console to PC. Seems like 1500 buys me something absolutely solid. That's 3 xbox series X's though so still thinking.
No, no, the solid is the medium Intel tier, that's a lot less than 1500, it's explicitly stated as solid, to separate it from the not solid AMD stuff!

Edit: obviously OP has been heavily edited since, stop quoting me folks.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Too bad there are several lower end models included in that Ultimate tier for that argument to work :)

A- for effort though!

And he pointed out the top hardware in it. There are tons of gpu's between those two that he didn't mention and all are nvidia. Doesn't help your argument.

Anyway things i like to see changed are:

1) budget section, anybody that buys a 400 buck potato pc should probably rethink his priority's and just buy a console at that point. U will have a god awful time getting shit to run even remotely decent in newer games.

2) advicing anything under 6/12 core cpu solution in 2020 is terrible for any build, i would even go so far that 9900k/2700/3700/3900 are the only CPU's people should focus on at this point, and if u can't then 2600/3600/8700k could provide a alternative for cheaper solutions. But anything below that is useless.

3) Power supply i would always focus on 650w minimum no matter what setup, which makes upgrading a lot more easier later on. Specially if GPU's start to push more watts forwards which i could see in the future for sure.

8700k could be removed out of it entire actually, nobody should invest into a dead platform anymore, u better off getting a 3600 at that point.

Last edited:

Leonidas

And he pointed out the top hardware in it. There are tons of gpu's between those two that he didn't mention and all are nvidia. Doesn't help your argument.

Anyway things i like to see changed are:

1) budget section, anybody that buys a 400 buck potato pc should probably rethink his priority's and just buy a console at that point. U will have a god awful time getting shit to run even remotely decent in newer games.

2) advicing anything under 6/12 core cpu solution in 2020 is terrible for any build, i would even go so far that 9900k/2700/3700/3900 are the only CPU's people should focus on at this point, and if u can't then 2600/3600/8700k could provide a alternative for cheaper solutions. But anything below that is useless.

3) Power supply i would always focus on 650w minimum no matter what setup, which makes upgrading a lot more easier later on. Specially if GPU's start to push more watts forwards which i could see in the future for sure.

8700k could be removed out of it entire actually, nobody should invest into a dead platform anymore, u better off getting a 3600 at that point.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll adjust that soon.

Also, if anyone wants to suggest items for cases, monitors and accessories you're welcome to do so.

Last edited:

J4K

Agreed that at this point it's probably not a great idea to suggest anyone get less than 8 cores/threads in a build, if they want any level of future proofing built into the machine. With next generation consoles launching soon, and their major upgrade being vastly improved CPU power and double the threads, game makers are going to really be able to lean into leveraging CPU power to create next generation experiences. The Jaguar reign of terror will blissfully come to an end.

So seems like now isn't the time to be caught with your pants down, aka a 4 core/thread Intel CPU. Bare minimum for a new build should probably be that AMD cpu with 4 core/8 threads. And even then I'd say try to scrape together a little more for the Ryzen 5 3600.

My two cents.

Last edited:

Ascend

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll adjust that soon.

Also, if anyone wants to suggest items for cases, monitors and accessories you're welcome to do so.
You need a 'best coolers' section. I'll list a few suggestions for air coolers. I'll leave the AIOs for someone else to recommend. I'm not exactly a fan of AIOs.

Best performing air cooler
Noctua NH-D15 (~$90, black version available)

cJY0biN.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best value for money air cooler
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B. (~$50, black version available)

uKSDPny.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best full black air cooler
BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (~$90)

j33fsIz.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best RGB air cooler
Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M (~$60)

zN4Ncwh.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best overall low profile air cooler
Scythe Big Shuriken 3 (~$45)

O2xTCGc.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Most quiet low profile air cooler
Noctua NH-L12s (~$50)

belF4LR.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best budget air cooler
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 (~$20, also available in white, blue and red)

yo9m7Dd.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Last edited:

Leonidas

Just removed the budget builds from the OP.

Leonidas, you're a great guy and all, but holy shit your Intel bias is getting the best of you.

Regardless, thanks for making this thread. Should be fun this year.

OP has been updated, the verbiage which was meant for older AMD hardware has been removed. This thread was copy/pasted from the old one and I admittedly didn't reread the whole thing till it was pointed out here.

Refresh the page and see if there is anything you would change in the OP?

Chiggs

Just removed the budget builds from the OP.

OP has been updated, the verbiage which was meant for older AMD hardware has been removed. This thread was copy/pasted from the old one and I admittedly didn't reread the whole thing till it was pointed out here.

Refresh the page and see if there is anything you would change in the OP?

I’m good, and guess what: you’re allowed to be biased. ;)

GreatnessRD

I just need new upgrade parts. Trying to figure if the 2070s is really worth the extra $100 over the 2060s. Maybe theprice lowers when the 30 series cards are announced. :messenger_weary:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Lol, what a fanboy. AMD only goes up to "very good/great" and intel to "ultimate" because apparently the ultimate gaming threshold just happens to be the top end most expensive Intel CPU and anything just below that regardless of price/game performance is just, not, what luck!

Even though in the carefully chosen and linked benchmarks from one site the difference can be like 2 fps (and therefor margin of error) in several games, bigger than that in some others, and higher than Intel in yet more, or with higher lows and lower highs and vice versa.

Same for the medium range stuff with Intel going up to "great" but AMD only up to "good", hahaha, that "great" threshold is once again just what little edge Intel may have on this or that game/engine and anything else doesn't matter!

So AMD's top end stuff only reach up to Intel's medium range which is "great" gaming for these! Yup, how accurate, objective representation of everything in here! No biases!

PS: never had an AMD CPU myself, though that'll probably change this or the next year if things keep going the way they have been.

Your tag should be "ask me about our lord and savior Intel" dude, hahaha :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yo Yo. I asked Leonidas to do this thread and he kindly volunteered, as he did the thread 2 years ago. This is one of my favorite threads on GAF and it is how I found GAF back in 2013 when I went to build a gaming PC.

So lets at least thank him for his efforts and please by all means submit constructive criticism, but dont be rude (not sure if you are joking or not). He put this together in less than a day after I asked him to.

I already planned on making another post soliciting user input so feel free to volunteer.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
As Leonidas Leonidas already mentioned, we are taking volunteers for suggesting/adding to any sections. In 2018 we quickly redid this thread based on 2017, which then stretched into 2019, but lets work on 2020 from a new perspective with all the great changes happening in PC gaming.

Ascend Ascend would you mind to reformat your coolers suggestions and toss in some newegg links or similar, and embed some photos? Then we can add it to the OP if Leonidas agrees.

Thanks to all!

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Leonidas Leonidas can you add tftcentral and rtings as refernce sites? Not sure if they should go in the monitors section or the general reference section.

Samsung magician is a good utility to monitor samsung ssd health

Ninite for new installs (you select the prgrama you want to inatall from a big list and it installs all of them without bloat etc)

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Leonidas Leonidas

For detailed mouse reviews Rocket Jump Ninja's YouTube channel is the best reference I've found:

Up to you if you want to put it in the OP but should help people out when looking for gaming mice.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's been 5 years since my last build, I was going to take the plunge again in 2020 but my i7-4790k is just too good to consider replacing yet. Plugged a 1080 ti in late 2018 and that's about the best card it's going to take. Hell of a CPU.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
We can't have a PC parts thread made by one of the most biased, anti-AMD guys on Gaf. It's crazy.

Please see my posts above. Leonidas made the last pc build thread so i asked him to make this one too. I am also invovled so please suggest any changes or builds you want and we can add them. You didnt volunteer so please stop complaining.

Please see my posts above. Leonidas made the last pc build thread so i asked him to make this one too. I am also invovled so please suggest any changes or builds you want and we can add them. You didnt volunteer so please stop complaining.

I would have made it if you asked. Already I see the build titles have been edited. Why Intel has 'Greatest' whereas AMD has 'Greater'? Where is the 3950X which is neck and neck with 9900K in modern titles?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I would have made it if you asked. Already I see the build titles have been edited. Why Intel has 'Greatest' whereas AMD has 'Greater'? Where is the 3950X which is neck and neck with 9900K in modern titles?

Again, leonidas made the last thread. No one volunteered as of 15 january (see stickied thread above asking for thread ideas) so i asked him to make another one.

Please suggest complete builds and please suggest amendments to titles amd categories and we will consider them. This is just the start and we have all year to make this the best thread for gaffers and others to learn about building pcs.

Perhaps we can split intel and amd and do good great greatest etc by manufactuor. This is just an idea please give constructive feedback. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ivellios

I do have one suggestion to make. On every site they mention the 5700 XT on the same tier as the 2070 super perfomance wise, so i would move this card to "great" tier along with the 2070 super

Last edited:
Again, leonidas made the last thread. No one volunteered as of 15 january (see stickied thread above asking for thread ideas) so i asked him to make another one.

Please suggest complete builds and please suggest amendments to titles amd categories and we will consider them. This is just the start and we have all year to make this the best thread for gaffers and others to learn about building pcs.

Perhaps we can split intel and amd and do good great greatest etc by manufactuor. This is just an idea please give constructive feedback. Thank you.

Sure no worries, I will have a looksy.

I just finished building my new rig, works pretty well
CPU - AMD Ryzen 2700x
GPU - Powercolor Red Dragon 5700xt
RAM - 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz
Case - Corsair Carbide 275r Airflow
PSU - Rosewill 550W Gold Certified Photon PSU
HDD - 1TB SSD + 750gb SSD
Monitors - 32 HP Pavilion 1440p Freesync + Benq 32 1440p

Question is, now that I have a beefier GPU, should I sell my monitors and shoot for 144hz monitors? Will there be that much of a difference in just general browsing, watching videos, or gaming?
I honestly don't play that many FPS games so I don't know how much it'll benefit.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
CPU - AMD Ryzen 2700x

Question is, now that I have a beefier GPU, should I sell my monitors and shoot for 144hz monitors? Will there be that much of a difference in just general browsing, watching videos, or gaming?
I honestly don't play that many FPS games so I don't know how much it'll benefit.

When i went from 60hz to 144hz i noticed it right away im windows when i moved the mouse. It was amazing. Gaming it makes a huge difference

Watching videos wont matter as most are 24/30/60 fps.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
After my recent lack of proper decision-making and not being able to find anthracite grey Phanteks p600s anywhere... I finally pulled the trigger on p600s tg black and a razer viper ultimate for good measure...
Should be possible now to oc my 2070 a bit and overall keep temps and noise lower on x570/3700x. Should be here tomorrow. Not bought any rgb yet for it.
Not sure if I will like a black case and viper grip but hey... You gotta live sometimes

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
After my recent lack of proper decision-making and not being able to find anthracite grey Phanteks p600s anywhere... I finally pulled the trigger on p600s tg black and a razer viper ultimate for good measure...
Should be possible now to oc my 2070 a bit and overall keep temps and noise lower on x570/3700x. Should be here tomorrow. Not bought any rgb yet for it.
Not sure if I will like a black case and viper grip but hey... You gotta live sometimes

Post pics!

rofif

Banned
Post pics!
Sure will. I think that case is a safe bet but I am worried about the razer viper ultimate. I am a 1-3-1 fingertip user exclusively my whole life. Been using G400 for past 10 years or something. The easy choice for me would be the new mx518 but I wanted to try something different and wireless. We will see tomorrow I guess :p

Ascend

As Leonidas Leonidas already mentioned, we are taking volunteers for suggesting/adding to any sections. In 2018 we quickly redid this thread based on 2017, which then stretched into 2019, but lets work on 2020 from a new perspective with all the great changes happening in PC gaming.

Ascend Ascend would you mind to reformat your coolers suggestions and toss in some newegg links or similar, and embed some photos? Then we can add it to the OP if Leonidas agrees.

Thanks to all!
Done. Take a look.

Dural

I bought my son parts for a PC for Christmas, ended up ~$750 including monitor, keyboard, mouse, and mousepad. It was built for 1080p gaming, he's 10 and plays mostly Fortnite and Roblox.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
MB: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Ram: 16 GB ADATA XPG RGB DDR4 3200
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590
SSD: ADATA XPG RGB 512GB M.2 NVME
PSU: Rosewill 650w Modular 80+ Bronze
Case: Rosewill Nighthawk Z RGB
Monitor: Dell S2419HGF 144hz 1080p Freesync
Keyboard: Havit RGB Mechanical
Mouse: Havit RGB
Mousepad: Victsing RGB

ci72Qdv.jpg

mnDV06t.jpg

Lots of room inside.

eTkWoPV.jpg

Front of case is full mesh for good airflow.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I just received my new monitors.

Dual 1440p setup.

- Asus VG27BQ - 27 inch 165hz TN panel
- Dell U2518D - 25 inch 60hz IPS panel

The Asus will be in landscape for gaming, Dell will be in portrait for browing, photo editing etc.

While I know IPS' are really fast now, I currently have a 1080p TN monitor for gaming so I prefer to stick with TN as its the fastest and I have the Dell as a second monitor for better colors etc.

Ill post impressions later, there isn't a lot on the internet about the VG27BQ, more about the IPS version, the VG27AQ.

Now i will have to start thinking about a new GPU :(

Last edited:

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I really want a Ultra wide monitor. I currently game on a 24" 1080p. The 1440p UW seem hard to find and are more than I want to spend. Does anyone have a 30" 1080p UW? What do you guys think that would be like? Should I just wait? Why can't I find many 1440p uw?

Ascend

I really want a Ultra wide monitor. I currently game on a 24" 1080p. The 1440p UW seem hard to find and are more than I want to spend. Does anyone have a 30" 1080p UW? What do you guys think that would be like? Should I just wait? Why can't I find many 1440p uw?
There are quite a few actually. But you'll never find them at 30". The smallest you'll find is 34" for 1440p ultrawide. Don't be deceived by the size though. Remember that sizes are measured diagonally, and with ultrawide, the size can be deceiving. A 29" ultrawide is basically the equivalent of a 23.5" 16:9 monitor being made ultrawide. In other words, the height of a 29" ultrawide is the same height as a 23.5" (often sold as 24") 16:9 monitor. The height of a 34" ultrawide is the same as a 16:9 27" monitor. All assuming the same pixel density, of course.

I personally have an LG 29UC88-B, which is a 29" '1080p ultrawide' like you call it. It works fine for me.

Last edited:

raduque

Can we talk laptops in here, or is there a separate thread for that? I'm gonna be in the market for a new gaming laptop very soon, and there are some smashing deals to be had out there now.

My current laptop is an i5-1035G4 and it barely handles World of Warships on lowest settings at 720p. :/

rofif

Banned
Post pics!
Here it is!
Black Phanteks P600s!!! It turned out much nicer than I expected(I wanted grey but it was unavailable but the black model turned out almost gret anyway :p). The case is very heavy and sturdy. Only had some trouble with their anti sagging bracket because the holes did not matched a bit but it worked in the end.
Running 3x140mm stock phanteks fans as intake and silentwings3 as exhaust. all at locked 700rpm. Dark Rock pro4 on 3700x.
And the results are great! 64c degrees on the stressed 2070 99% at 4k (22c ambient in apartment). In define C I've had 72c (despite running 2x140 sw3 fans as intake and exhaust) and 64 was what I got by opening the define c window.
Here I get amazing temps and silence since the 2070 now only rpm's at 1200 and not 1700! 3700x is idling at 30c and stresses at 70 while it was about 78 in define c.
I had to take the top cover off since the fan balancing (3 intake, 1 exhaust) was creating a whirlwind jet effect and it was audible while opening the top cover removed all of the wind noise. Not sure if I can overcome this any other way without taking the top off?

There is some very slight underglow from x570 gigabyte motherboard rgb but I will add a phanteks halos digital 140mm fan adapter to one of the front fans and face it backwards to lit the case a tiny bit. I don't want to overdo it.

I was also worried about switching from logitech g400 to viper ultimate but it is fantastic. The weight make it seems like a fake mouse but it's sturdy, grippy and thankfully fits my 1-3-1 fingertip style. The dock shows the battery level in color and synapse is not as bad as people said it is. The mouse is responsive and generally great. Side buttons do not come in my way as I expected. I might need a new cloth pad since my qck is years old
VlsqRlK.jpg

Kenpachii

You need a 'best coolers' section. I'll list a few suggestions for air coolers. I'll leave the AIOs for someone else to recommend. I'm not exactly a fan of AIOs.

Best performing air cooler
Noctua NH-D15 (~$90, black version available)

cJY0biN.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best value for money air cooler
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B. (~$50, black version available)

uKSDPny.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best full black air cooler
BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (~$90)

j33fsIz.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best RGB air cooler
Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M (~$60)

zN4Ncwh.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best overall low profile air cooler
Scythe Big Shuriken 3 (~$45)

O2xTCGc.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Most quiet low profile air cooler
Noctua NH-L12s (~$50)

belF4LR.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Best budget air cooler
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 (~$20, also available in white, blue and red)

yo9m7Dd.jpg

Manufacturer's page
Prices

Got that noctuo d14 basically a d15 now for 8 years or so, thing rocks cools a 9900k at 5ghz fine. Best investment i ever did on a cooler.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 2700x

Problem with 144hz is, the moment u upgrade and play at 100+ fps in any game even a game like witcher 3, u never wanna go below it as it all feels janky. So there's that.

Also tip for people new to PC gaming.

Get a second monitor u will never look back, play games in borderless windowed so u can alt tab straight to your other screen scroll forums and play games at the same time. If you really wanna go authistic u can get a 3rd and even a 4th.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Got that noctuo d14 basically a d15 now for 8 years or so, thing rocks cools a 9900k at 5ghz fine. Best investment i ever did on a cooler.

Problem with 144hz is, the moment u upgrade and play at 100+ fps in any game even a game like witcher 3, u never wanna go below it as it all feels janky. So there's that.

Also tip for people new to PC gaming.

Get a second monitor u will never look back, play games in borderless windowed so u can alt tab straight to your other screen scroll forums and play games at the same time. If you really wanna go authistic u can get a 3rd and even a 4th.
You aren't lying about the second monitor. It changed my life, lol. While these huge curved monitor setups look good, I just couldn't imagine not having two monitors anymore. I've been spoiled.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
You aren't lying about the second monitor. It changed my life, lol. While these huge curved monitor setups look good, I just couldn't imagine not having two monitors anymore. I've been spoiled.

Agreed but my desk isnt big so my 2nd monitor is in portrait mode. Works well for forums walkthroughs tidal browsing etc.

draliko

My build after the last updates:
  • Monitor: LG 32GK850f
  • Case: Corsair 220t
  • Mobo: MSI b450m Mortar MAX
  • RAM: 16gb 3600 gskill
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • VGA: Red Devil 5700XT
  • Mouse: Roccat Kova
  • Keyb: Strike Battle Spectra
  • CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo
  • SSD: 500gb Crucial MX 500
  • HDD: 1TB Seagate something :)
  • PSU: Seasonic s12ii 620W
Next upgrade will be probably a pair of years into next gen. Sorry for the potato picture quality, it's evening and illumination in the room is quite soft. I'll take better picture in daylight if needed :)

iOnGyEH.jpg

Ka8PNY7.jpg

D7WOAFJ.jpg

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I had planned to Get a new PC this holiday, but with the Cyberpunk delay and possible Ampere announcement in March, I'm going to hold off until this summer after Computex.

Keep the builds coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom