• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made a list of the release dates of upcoming PS exclusives, these are the results

Lupin25

I don’t believe Forspoken will release Jan. 2022. It’s more likely a Q2-Q3 launch at the earliest I’d say. Remember, Final Fantasy XVI is a work in progress.

I would say, don’t expect either of these games before Summer 2022.

Last edited:
60892823.jpg

ZywyPL

Banned
Actually the list goes something like this:

- 24th September 2021 - Death Stranding Director's Cut
- 18th February 2022 - Horizon Forbidden West
-?
-?
-?
-?

The rest of the games are available day one on Steam, EGS etc. so aren't exclusive at all, while the titles from PS Studios and their dates are guesstimation, they might come next year or get delayed to 2023-25 even, nobody knows.

yurinka

In fact, I totally assume that neither Forspoken and Final XVI will be ready for a 2022 launch. It's Square, if they launch them in 2023 will be even too fast for them.
Forspoken has an official January 2022 release date, FFXVI doesn't. Like any game it could be delayed some months, but I think that if it has January 2022 will be released in 2022. Regarding FFXVI they said in-game footage was presented instead of cut scenes to showcase that the game was well into development, and would not be released far into the future. So I'd bet a 2022 release is possible.

List is invalid.

It doesn't include the upcoming Spiderman dlc for Marvell Avengers.
The list is totally valid. It's a list of release date of the different Sony exclusive games, not dlcs.

-?
-?
-?
-?

The rest of the games are available day one on Steam, EGS etc. so aren't exclusive at all, while the titles from PS Studios and their dates are guesstimation, they might come next year or get delayed to 2023-25 even, nobody knows.
There are are 9 games specifyting a day for their release date. And 5 game more with a 2021 date, which means will be released in the next 4 months.

Final Fantasy XVI, FFVIIR Ep 2, Relayer, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, and all the 1st and 2nd party exclusives listed there (excluding the Uncharted 4 PC port an MLB, obviously) have only been announced only for PlayStation. With a handful of cases that appear with question marks, all the dates placed there are oficial release dates, not a guesstimation.

A console exclusive, not released on Xbox or Switch.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Forspoken has an official January 2022 release date, FFXVI doesn't. Like any game it could be delayed some months, but I think that if it has January 2022 will be released in 2022. Regarding FFXVI they said in-game footage was presented instead of cut scenes to showcase that the game was well into development, and would not be released far into the future. So I'd bet a 2022 release is possible.

The list is totally valid. It's a list of release date of the different Sony exclusive games, not dlcs.
Yeh I'm really glad we have a list that's totally valid with "Sony London AAA Game" on it to pump up the PS5.

Last edited:

yurinka

Okay, since this is a gaming forum to talk about games, then lets discuss all games coming to playstation rather than just games coming to playstation ""exclusively"".
Yay, even more games to talk about, that can only mean more joy, right? Right?
There are plenty of threads with different gaming topics in this forum.

The topic of this thread is the release dates of PS exclusives, a perfectly valid topic in the same way that there are similar threads about the exclusives of other platforms, there's nothing wrong on it.

There are many of them and often new ones get announced or get release dates, so from time to time is good to make a full list with their release dates to show a schedule of what is coming in the next months or years.

Feel free to open another thread about release dates of exclusives for other consoles or multis.

Last edited:

Inviusx

The fuck is everyone so salty about a dude putting together a useful list? I'm sure OP knows that pretty much every Sony game is getting a PC port. Doesn't make the list any less useful......

Last edited:

yurinka

Did you mean console exclusive? Because some of those games are also on PC.
I meant exclusives, which is the games of all games listed there (with MLB as exception, as highlighted there). There are different types of exclusives, and console exclusives is one of them.

The fuck is everyone so salty about a dude putting together a useful list? I'm sure OP knows that pretty much every Sony game is getting a PC port. Doesn't make the list any less useful......
No, out of all the Sony games listed in the OP only two of them are coming to PC.

Sony said multiple times they don't plan to release their games on PC day one, that they plan to continue focusing on releasing their games on console only, and from time to time to port to PC a few old games.

They bought a porting studio to make these PC ports, so their main gamedev teams don't need to worry about the PC version in case they later decide to port that game. So maybe a few more than these handful games will be ported to PC some years after release.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Even the term console exclusive is nonsense to me. You don't need a specific hardware to play a game? So it's not exclusive, otherwise we also could have bullshit like "current gen console exclusive" and sudddenly MS had a ton of "exclusive" 360 era games. When MS started porting the majority of GAF was fine with saying "not exclusive at all" and they were right in my opinion. But now console exclusive is a thing.

I don't think this ever happened.

jaysius

Banned

-?
-?
-?
-?

Yea OP "found a way" to pad out an anemic release list with speculation and nonsense.

Corndog

Banned
I love these tin foil conspiracy theories. The aliens are behind the delays, for sure! The government is lying to us!

Console exclusives are also exclusives. There are different types of exclusives, and console exclusives is one of them. Different than a full exclusive, a timed exclusive or to a timed console exclusive. But still a exclusive.

Who knows, sometimes indies only release on a single console because don't have time, budget or resources to release on other consoles. In this case it's a good looking promising game, which has potential to get money hatted. And it has been feature several times on PS events and has been announced as PS console exclusive, so I'd bet it's very likely that they will have been money hatted at least to become a timed console exclusive in a deal that in addition to money included some marketing push, as usual with similar indies.

Crash Bandicoot remaster is not related at all with thisindie game. Crash Bandicoot is since decades ago a multiplatform IP owned by a multiplatform AAA publisher, who had no reason to make the remasters exclusive unless got paid a shit ton of money to keep that super seller IP exclusive. This is only another indice console exclusive, that may end being a timed console exclusive. After getting $25B in revenue, this little indie exclusive should be like pocket change for Sony.

I don't know, I didn't count them but pretty likely most 3rd party exclusives, as also happens in the case of Nintendo and MS.

It lists release dates of exclusives. Uncharte 4 is a full exclusive that with the port will become a console exclusive, which still is an exclusive. And it has a release date window, so it's in the list.

Classic fanboy ad hominem.

Console exclusives are still exclusives. You won't be able to play this game in the other consoles.
My last point had more to do with treating it like another game. MS releases a game on pc and Xbox day one is a single exclusive. Sony releasing a game on console and later pc is 2 exclusives. Not consistent.

GuinGuin

Banned
Nice lineup. I'm thinking I will play Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut next. Still have so much catching up to do.

GuinGuin

Banned

Many of us don't have or want a gaming PC. It's a useful list if for no other reason than a lot of games have changed dates and it highlights some of the smaller games coming out that might otherwise be overlooked.

yurinka

My last point had more to do with treating it like another game. MS releases a game on pc and Xbox day one is a single exclusive. Sony releasing a game on console and later pc is 2 exclusives. Not consistent.
The difference is that the MS game is a console exclusive since the start.

The Sony game starts as a full exclusive, and if some years after release it gets ported to PC (only the case of a few ones, they aren't doing it and won't do it with all their games), in that moment becomes a console exclusive. So the Sony game is still a single exclusive and not two, it only changes the type of exclusive for that game.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I've read through this thread twice and I still can't quite figure out exactly what everyone is angry at.

Top Bottom