• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I LOVE Series S

Hello GAF,

Its been over a week I have been enjoying Series S. Everything from smooth performance to snappy load times to abundance of games via gamepass.

It ticks a lot of boxes for me as well. Apart from being affordable and actually being available for purchase, it slots in my system without causing any disruption.

I am rocking a 1080p monitor in my room with below setup. No need to upgrade display or move around stuff in shelf.

FqjYl7R.jpg

As for graphics, I am coming from Nintendo 3ds/ PS Vita and jump in graphics is pretty amazing. Gears 5 looks stunning.

I have always been a playstation guy. To a point I had a X360 that I played like a playstation console. Never bought gold, didnt touch multiplayer, just played campaigns for all Halo and Gears games available. With gamepass, everything is included. For first time am using it as MS intended Xbox to be. Still too early to tell but so far enjoying the experience.

I am enjoying how responsive analog sticks feel. Is this due to 60 fps in games I tried or are sticks much better now? Cant tell. Aiming and putting crosshair on enemies feel so much satisfying now. Not to mention D pad. This one takes lead over my favourite D pad ever, on Vita. When you push, it has very little travel. What ever travel there is full of tactile feedback and feels like a thunk.

HoHaHwS.jpg

Little warrior is taking a much deserved rest.

YRvi1jb.jpg

MS is even gracious enough to let us know its exact date of birth. I know I will be inviting lucky few to a birthday bash one year later.

txPSfAi.png

I know GAF has a boner to downplay this great little console. This thread is supposed to be a safe sanctuary for fans from any hate commentary. I have a VERY strong opinion about this. Any unduly negative will be seen as existential threats resulting in an inflammation of my amygdala.

Please understand whoever chose this machine knew about its limitations and was ok with them as in my case.

I have so many questions.

Serious reply: I don't think the Series S sucks. The "budget entry" tier can work with consoles, just like it works with other electronics.

My only issue is, well, I just honestly think it should be 250 bucks instead of 300.

That 50 bucks might not seem like a huge difference, but when the PS5 DE is priced just 100 bucks more than the XsS, and is significantly more powerful and basically has more of everything, I just don't necessarily see the Series S as a great value right now, as opposed to the PS5 and XsX which are incredible values.

I kinda wish they had just done a discless XsX, or made the Series S more powerful (closer to 8TF than 4) to balance it out more. That's just me. I understand why the Series S makes sense for a lot of people. I am glad you, and many others, are enjoying it.

I do like the design. It is a nice looking console, for sure.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm not personally into it but I think its great for many people. My cousin got one for her son, for her it was an great way to save money while allowing him to play the games his friends play/he wants. He won't care about GFX differences and there is no way she will buy more than 20 games for it which I think is when you hit the breakpoint for saving money on the SKU vs. only being able to buy more expensive digital versions of games.

I did have to laugh a bit that on Christmas Eve he told her he wanted a Switch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ninty youtube marketing got him probably, all those women in yoga pants.

Last edited:

TheContact

i might pick one up for my kids, an xsx might be too much for them but the S is a good "entry" level console. they've only played the snes classic and some pc and tablet games. not gonna kill myself to find one though

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Congrats staying last-gen
Not a day of rest before the next MS PR jerk arrives.
Aww op wants to stay in the last gen. So cute.
I hate that this thing exists. Just buy an actual next-gen console you cheapskates.
I'm not one to level uninformed accusations, but this post reads like an ad, or sponsored content.

it's so sad someone cant even be excited about their new console without getting a a pack of shitty comments from the usual suspects I guess haters have to hate and fanboys have to fanboy.

vaibhavpisal vaibhavpisal Congratulations on your new console, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I think it's a super cool little piece of tech at a great price especially when paired with Game Pass plus it looks so damn cute. Ignore the haters and game on.

Topher

Gold Member
it's so sad someone cant even be excited about their new console without getting a a pack of shitty comments from the usual suspects I guess haters have to hate and fanboys have to fanboy.

vaibhavpisal vaibhavpisal Congratulations on your new console, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I think it's a super cool little piece of tech at a great price especially when paired with Game Pass plus it looks so damn cute. Ignore the haters and game on.

Game On GIF by memecandy
comedy central yes GIF by Drunk History
Game On GIF by memecandy

S0ULZB0URNE

aww

Riky

$MSFT
It's a great little console, it's actually a great companion to the Series X, both my Series X machines are on decent size HDR 4k displays whilst my Series S is upstairs on a 43" Sony 8 series 1080p TV, the games look really good on it.
Smart Delivery and my saves all being in the cloud make it an extension of my Series X.
Also you start to appreciate how much better it is than One X when you're playing the likes of Valhalla at 60fps and have Ray Tracing on Watch Dogs Legion.

Orta

Banned

It's obvious who and what they are. I'm convinced they don't even like their own precious console of choice, they simply exist to piss on all the other ones. As they've been constantly doing since gaming was invented in 1994...

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

That 50 bucks might not seem like a huge difference, but when the PS5 DE is priced just 100 bucks more than the XsS, and is significantly more powerful and basically has more of everything, I just don't necessarily see the Series S as a great value right now, as opposed to the PS5 and XsX which are incredible values.

With Sony saying they are losing money on the PS5, that tells you all you need to know about the PS5 DE financials. Until the PS5 DE doesn't exist primarily as a purple unicorn, I don't think it can really be considered in the equation just yet. Who knows, when Sony can manufacture this more freely the XSS might be $250, hell the XSX AD might be on the shelves by then. We'll see how it goes.

Hello GAF,

Its been over a week I have been enjoying Series S. Everything from smooth performance to snappy load times to abundance of games via gamepass.

It ticks a lot of boxes for me as well. Apart from being affordable and actually being available for purchase, it slots in my system without causing any disruption.

I am rocking a 1080p monitor in my room with below setup. No need to upgrade display or move around stuff in shelf.

FqjYl7R.jpg

As for graphics, I am coming from Nintendo 3ds/ PS Vita and jump in graphics is pretty amazing. Gears 5 looks stunning.

I have always been a playstation guy. To a point I had a X360 that I played like a playstation console. Never bought gold, didnt touch multiplayer, just played campaigns for all Halo and Gears games available. With gamepass, everything is included. For first time am using it as MS intended Xbox to be. Still too early to tell but so far enjoying the experience.

I am enjoying how responsive analog sticks feel. Is this due to 60 fps in games I tried or are sticks much better now? Cant tell. Aiming and putting crosshair on enemies feel so much satisfying now. Not to mention D pad. This one takes lead over my favourite D pad ever, on Vita. When you push, it has very little travel. What ever travel there is full of tactile feedback and feels like a thunk.

HoHaHwS.jpg

Little warrior is taking a much deserved rest.

YRvi1jb.jpg

MS is even gracious enough to let us know its exact date of birth. I know I will be inviting lucky few to a birthday bash one year later.

txPSfAi.png

I know GAF has a boner to downplay this great little console. This thread is supposed to be a safe sanctuary for fans from any hate commentary. I have a VERY strong opinion about this. Any unduly negative will be seen as existential threats resulting in an inflammation of my amygdala.

Please understand whoever chose this machine knew about its limitations and was ok with them as in my case.
Fuck the haters OP.

Congrats on your console and wish you many more years of gaming pleasure.

Don't stroke it too much though.

TBiddy

Xbox fanboys are in panic mode lol

"Leave my Xbox series S alone!!!"

Or maybe they are just tired of Sony fans shitting up every single Xbox thread. I swear, it seems like you spend more time haunting Xbox threads than playing games.

When xbox fanboys make thread every day about how good is their plastic box to convince others, that's not just normal. It's just pathetic.

Press the fucking "Ignore thread" button. Holy shit.

Last edited:
When xbox fanboys make thread every day about how good is their plastic box to convince others, that's not just normal. It's just pathetic.

What about the daily "GAME PASS IS DOOMED!" threads?

Or maybe they are just tired of Sony fans shitting up every single Xbox thread. I swear, it seems like you spend more time haunting Xbox threads than playing games.

Press the fucking "Ignore thread" button. Holy shit.

Part of my understands that console warring drives clicks and clicks drive revenue but I really wish the site would crack down on the warrior shitposting and bot astroturfing (on both sides). The joke just isn't funny anymore, to me anyway. It's tiresome (again, to me). Sometimes it's downright embarrassing.

I think I just need to start auto-ignoring the warriors and their alts.

Max_Po

Banned
W E A K ....

Parading out with a SERIES S ..

HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE A 3 inch penis....

I have a PS5 and Series X for gaming

and a Series S for Kodi + 1080p rips of all Sit Coms

Last edited:
Top Bottom