• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just pre-ordered, quite possibly, the greatest thing ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...dvdplayers/103-8924973-4031022?v=glance&s=dvd

Seinfeld Gift Set (Seasons 1-3 with Original Script, Salt & Pepper Shakers, and Playing Cards) (1990)

Here is a list of some extra's you will be getting on the DVD....

The Seinfeld website contains a list of episode with commentary tracks. Here's the list:

Volume 1
"The Stake Out" - Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld
"The Busboy" - Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards
"The Baby Shower" - Larry Charles
"The Heart Attack" - Larry Charles
"The Revenge" - Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards
"The Deal" - Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld

Volume 2
"The Library" - Larry Charles
"The Pen" - Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld
"The Parking Garage" - Tom Cherones and Tom Azzari
"The Subway" - Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards
"The Boyfriend" - Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards
"The Pez Dispenser" - Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld
"The Limo" - Larry Charles
"The Parking Space" - Tom Cherones and Tom Azzari

Seinfeld - Seasons 1 & 2
4 DVDs, 437 minutes
18 Episodes (Seinfeld Chronicles Pilot version, Seinfeld Pilot version, 4 episodes First Season , 12 episodes Second Season)

Around 12 Hours of Extras:
Inside Looks: Interviews with the cast and creators about what was happening behind the scenes as the episodes were created and filmed during Seasons 1 and 2.

Yada Yada Yada: Audio commentaries from the cast remembering the making of the Season 1 and 2 episodes.

In the Vault: Saved from the cutting room floor... deleted scenes from the first two seasons - never seen!

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That: Never-before-seen-outtakes and bloopers from the 1st and 2nd seasons.

Master of His Domain: See Jerry in exclusive stand-up comedy footage, shot for the show's 1st and 2nd seasons, but never used.

Sponsored by Vandelay Industries: Original NBC promotional ads and trailers during the first two years.

Notes About Nothing: Behind-the-scenes scoop and production notes from Season 1 and Season 2.

How It Began: An hour-long look at how Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David first came up with the idea for the show, how it almost didn't get made and how they emerged with the show that changed the face of television forever.

Tonight Show Footage

Seinfeld - Season 3
$49.95 SRP
4 DVDs, 505 minutes
22 Episodes (from the Third Season, including the double-length episode "The Boyfriend", for 23 total half-hours)

Around 12 Hours of Extras:
Inside Looks: Interviews with the cast and creators about what was happening behind the scenes as the episodes were created and filmed during Season 3.

Yada Yada Yada: Audio commentaries from the cast remembering the making of the Season 3 episodes.

In the Vault: Saved from the cutting room floor... deleted scenes from the third season - never seen!

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That: Never-before-seen-outtakes and bloopers from the 3rd season.

Master of His Domain: See Jerry in exclusive stand-up comedy footage, shot for the show's 3rd season, but never used.

Sponsored by Vandelay Industries: Original NBC promotional ads and trailers during the third year.

Notes About Nothing: Behind-the-scenes scoop and production notes from Season 3.

Kramer vs. Kramer: Kenny to Cosmo: If you thought Cosmo Kramer was hilarious, wait until you meet the real Kramer, Kenny Kramer!

Seinfeld - Gift Set
Both the Seinfeld - Seasons 1 & 2 and the Seinfeld - Season 3 volumes together in one package
8 DVDs, 942 minutes
40 Episodes (From the first three seasons)
Approximately 24 Hours of Extras, including everything listed above for the individual sets
Gift Items Available Exclusively With This Package:
Limited Edition Script with handwritten notes from Larry David
"Monk's Diner" Salt & Pepper Shakers (shaped like mustard and catsup bottles)
Collectible Seinfeld Playing Cards with character images on the face cards
According to Columbia's press release, the people behind these releases "returned to the original film elements and spent many months digitally remastering every episode in high definition; the original analog audio tracks went through a similar process". Also, they "feature the original NBC network versions, 1-2 minutes longer than the syndicated versions and not seen since their original broadcast runs."

all of that for $78? FUCKING ROCK.

I can't wait to see which script I get. And handwritten notes from Larry David on it? Best thing ever.

script.jpg

so very hot

SKluck

Banned
Nice. I just preordered it because of that price, you can't beat that anywhere. I also got alias s3 and Star wars trilogy.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
ge-man said:
That is insane. Too bad college has me tapped out at the moment.

They won't charge you until it comes out.

My bank account it sitting at something like $4 but I went ahead and preordered in hopes that I will get the money before then somehow. $77 just seems ridiculously cheap to me. Knowing my luck, though, I'll see it in Wherehouse Music the same week for $60 nused(brand new marked as used).

Willco

Hollywood Square
Why are they charging so little for three seasons when we're charged out the ass for shit like X-Files and The Simpsons?

I mean, I'm not complaining, I just want to know the reason why. It'd be awesome if Seinfeld himself was like, "If we release these on DVDs, you better damn well make them affordable you asshats!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom