• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just can't get used to using a phone instead of a clipboard

For my job roughly half my day is either ordering products or building matetial quotes for clients; And eventhough I carry a smartphone on me at all times I cannot seem to break away from the traditional pen, paper and clipboard. For whatever reason I cannot stay organized when inputting data into a spreadsheet on my phone, nor do critical items keep top of mind presence without the visual reminder of seeing my clipboard.
I wouldn't mind changing my habits, moving to a more paperless way of doing things. Hell I can totally see the benefits of convenience of just doing everything from my phone but it's as if I have a mental block of sorts.

Anyone else still stuck in old school business habits?
Or if you were able to break free, how?

kingbean

I loved it when I switched from paper to digital back when I was managing a warehouse full of phone hardware.

It took just one count to get used to the change and it massively improved accuracy and speed.

I hope you learn to get good with it and it should really become beneficial.

Nymphae

Banned
I tried using a notepad app on my phone for grocery lists, random ideas, etc, but I find having a small book and a pen is a lot easier and faster to access, doesn't require charging, and typing on a phone will suck ass for all eternity.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Banned
I will never again use a notepad and pen. I use it, and where does it go? Who knows. I need to jot something down, it is almost always with me on my phone.

kingbean

I suppose it should be noted that I have sever dyslexia and can barely spell to save my life. So digital input devices greatly improved my ability to be cogent with the written word.

Last edited:

Tranquil

Maybe your a tablet bub?

They make clipboards that hold tablets. Nifty IMO.

ooPyQ90.jpg

Top Bottom