• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a theory about the existence of souls and ghosts.

SUPERGGK

Debunking is not the same as denying.
See that's the problem. They don't even debunk anything. There are countless videos that are still considered solid evidence for the existence of souls and ghosts. Nobody has ever debunked any of them. They just say,"Oh, trust us, its not ghosts, its something we can't explain yet, its something we don't know yet, but trust us it's not ghosts because ghosts don't exist ".
See how ridiculous that sounds. And do you know the real reason why scientists and researchers don't even touch these videos because they would be ridiculed in their community for it. It's ok if a scientist believes in the existence of infinite dimensions and time travel without any proof but if a scientist starts treating the paranormal seriously they would be labeled crazy. And that's not how science works, that's how cults work.

SUPERGGK

I think you misread what I said. I'm not on the side of scientists, I'm on the side that believes there are scientific explanations for everything, even the weirdest shit we can imagine. I don't think we'll ever have it all figured out, but there is an explanation for everything within the fabric of the universe. There's no such thing as something that's truly unexplainable, we just don't know the explanation.
It's ok man, I am not saying that you are wrong. I am just saying that rather than finding the reason why ghosts exist, people want to find out something that makes the ghost not exist. I mean to say that the video of a ghost exists and people want to find out how we can show that the video which clearly shows a lost soul or ghost is not a lost soul or ghost but something else. I don't understand why people want to find something that deny the existence of ghosts rather than proof about the existence of ghosts.

reincarnation is the only convincing theory about souls imo

grass leaves sprouted a thousand years ago and died

but the identity of those leaves kept sprouting throughout time and that's what matters

grass leaves experienced 1800

now they experience 2021

a perpetual refresh

it'll happen to you

SUPERGGK

reincarnation is the only convincing theory about souls imo

grass leaves sprouted a thousand years ago and died

but the identity of those leaves kept sprouting throughout time and that's what matters

grass leaves experienced 1800

now they experience 2021

a perpetual refresh

it'll happen to you
I don't think that dead people are reincarnated as children. I believe that this notion started when heaven and hell were both on our Earth and souls were being given a new body and sent to heaven and hell based on their actions. But they still had their memories and consciousness. I mean, there is a difference between an adult mind and the mind of a baby. And since our soul or consciousness is the culmination of all our memories, thoughts and experiences, then the soul of an adult can’t fit in a baby's mind. Also some religions say that you forget everything when reincarnated. Then what is the point of being reincarnated? Without memories, experiences and thoughts, what is left there to be transferred into a new body?

Also the nature, features and traits of a baby are similar to their parents, then what is the part that is the reincarnated soul? So I believe that this is just a misunderstood notion. I believe the Gods must have told the people that a soul is incarnated again and again on this Earth because the soul or consciousness of a child is a part or mixture of the souls or consciousness of their parents. So in a way a child is just the reincarnation of their parents without their memories, thoughts and experiences. But still it’s a new soul. A new person. But the people misunderstood it and thought that random souls enter the bodies of random children. But it’s not true. Through the DNAs of the parents, their nature, habits and various behavioural traits are transferred to the baby at conception. So in a way a part of the souls or consciousness of the parents is transferred to make the soul of a baby. But at that time people couldn’t understand this. So they misunderstood it.

Also some people believe that the problems we face in this life are the punishment for the sins of our past life. But this is wrong too. As there is no point punishing someone for something they don’t even remember. I mean, what is the point of such a punishment? To learn from your mistakes, you have to at least remember them right? So I don’t think that Gods would make such a terrible system. If they are capable of capturing and transferring souls into other bodies, then what is the need to remove memories and all experiences and start all over again. It is much better to give them a new body with all their memories and experiences intact and then reward or punish them on the basis of their actions, so that they can learn from it and don’t repeat them.

I think that this wrong thinking developed to make sense of all the suffering, pain and injustice in the world. Also if every newborn contains the soul of someone who died then how is our population growing and where are the new souls coming from? So as you can clearly see it is just a misconception and I think the soul transfer works exactly or very similar to what I have stated.

SUPERGGK

Do sperm have ghosts?
No, I don't think so. A ghost is a soul trapped on Earth. So why would Gods want to capture the soul or consciousness of a sperm. Its as useless to them as the souls or consciousness of countless microbes or insects or animals. I think only the souls of humans and their beloved pets are considered worthy enough to have their souls or consciousness be captured after death.

cr0w

Old Member
It's ok man, I am not saying that you are wrong. I am just saying that rather than finding the reason why ghosts exist, people want to find out something that makes the ghost not exist. I mean to say that the video of a ghost exists and people want to find out how we can show that the video which clearly shows a lost soul or ghost is not a lost soul or ghost but something else. I don't understand why people want to find something that deny the existence of ghosts rather than proof about the existence of ghosts.

Well, that’s going into a fairly narrow view of what a “ghost” is by saying it can only be a dead person or lost soul, when in reality it could be a number of things that we don’t have any explanation for right now. The stone tape theory is one possibility, time slips are another, dead people/souls another, etc. I personally grew up in a haunted house and saw the same thing dozens of times, but it never changed or altered its routine which makes me think it was entirely residual and something similar to the stone tape theory.

The vast majority of “ghost” videos and pictures have very mundane explanations, but every once in a while one comes along that can’t be easily explained. I’ve been “ghost hunting” for 30 years, and at this point I’m entirely convinced that there’s very little spiritual explanation for things that people would consider supernatural.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
See that's the problem. They don't even debunk anything. There are countless videos that are still considered solid evidence for the existence of souls and ghosts. Nobody has ever debunked any of them. They just say,"Oh, trust us, its not ghosts, its something we can't explain yet, its something we don't know yet, but trust us it's not ghosts because ghosts don't exist ".
See how ridiculous that sounds. And do you know the real reason why scientists and researchers don't even touch these videos because they would be ridiculed in their community for it. It's ok if a scientist believes in the existence of infinite dimensions and time travel without any proof but if a scientist starts treating the paranormal seriously they would be labeled crazy. And that's not how science works, that's how cults work.
Strawman.

Just because there isn't a current explanation for something doesn't mean you can jump to conclusions that it's ghosts.

Ikutachi

If reincarnation is a thing, I believe we will not all be human in the next life. We can again, but for two consecutive times is unlikely. This can explain there being relatively few reincarnation cases in a research. I don't consider humans special to other animals.

MrMephistoX

There is a floating theory that after death your consciousness lives. You “experience” all the unspeakable horror that occurs to your body for years and centuries. But you are unable to speak, move, expression emotion etc.

Have a nice sleep

Queen Laughing GIF
So if the alternative is cremation I guess being dumped into the wind would be preferable? At least you’d have a change of scenery?

Eric187

Banned
When we die we die it’s over. Think about it when you sleep do you remember anything? For the most part no. Humans live an average of 70-75 years that’s it. And heaven and hell that’s just a bunch of crap too. You know why? Because if I was serial killer who ruined countless lives how am I allowed to go to heaven to see my family? It’s all crap. Enjoy your prescious time on Earth. But don’t drive yourself crazy thinking about these things while you’re here.

SUPERGGK

Well, that’s going into a fairly narrow view of what a “ghost” is by saying it can only be a dead person or lost soul, when in reality it could be a number of things that we don’t have any explanation for right now. The stone tape theory is one possibility, time slips are another, dead people/souls another, etc. I personally grew up in a haunted house and saw the same thing dozens of times, but it never changed or altered its routine which makes me think it was entirely residual and something similar to the stone tape theory.

The vast majority of “ghost” videos and pictures have very mundane explanations, but every once in a while one comes along that can’t be easily explained. I’ve been “ghost hunting” for 30 years, and at this point I’m entirely convinced that there’s very little spiritual explanation for things that people would consider supernatural.
I am not saying there is anything spiritual or religious about it either, I have also tried to provide a scientific explanation about the whole phenomenon. I believe ghosts exist and I think I have provided how they can exist.

SUPERGGK

Strawman.

Just because there isn't a current explanation for something doesn't mean you can jump to conclusions that it's ghosts.
Strawman.

You can't even explain how something is happening, yet you are determined to say it's not ghosts.

This goes both way. It could be ghosts too. It could be something else too. But why is it considered the better option to just deny it's not ghosts?

SUPERGGK

If reincarnation is a thing, I believe we will not all be human in the next life. We can again, but for two consecutive times is unlikely. This can explain there being relatively few reincarnation cases in a research. I don't consider humans special to other animals.
People are not reincarnated here on Earth. I believe that they are sent to heaven and given new bodies. If our Gods have the ability to extract souls and give them new bodies, why would they give them the body of a child again? It would be a waste.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Strawman.

You can't even explain how something is happening, yet you are determined to say it's not ghosts.

This goes both way. It could be ghosts too. It could be something else too. But why is it considered the better option to just deny it's not ghosts?
No. If I can't explain something, my answer is "I can't explain it/ I don't know".

I'm not making a claim that it's definitely not ghosts. I'm dating you have no grounds to say it is.

To assume it's ghosts would require you to make a lot of unfounded assumptions about the universe that breaks physics as we know it. Look up Occam's Razor.

SUPERGGK

When we die we die it’s over. Think about it when you sleep do you remember anything? For the most part no. Humans live an average of 70-75 years that’s it. And heaven and hell that’s just a bunch of crap too. You know why? Because if I was serial killer who ruined countless lives how am I allowed to go to heaven to see my family? It’s all crap. Enjoy your prescious time on Earth. But don’t drive yourself crazy thinking about these things while you’re here.
A serial killer will not go to heaven. I think they will be condemned to hell. I also believed that there was no afterlife as soul can't survive without the body. But when I found that our Gods were real and were extraterrestrial beings then I realized that maybe they have the ability to capture and transfer souls. And since they couldn't control their own children and some of them created hell, I believe that good people go to heaven where Gods and Angel's are and bad people are sent to hell where bad angels and demons are.

SUPERGGK

No. If I can't explain something, my answer is "I can't explain it/ I don't know".

I'm not making a claim that it's definitely not ghosts. I'm dating you have no grounds to say it is.

To assume it's ghosts would require you to make a lot of unfounded assumptions about the universe that breaks physics as we know it. Look up Occam's Razor.
I can explain it, so I have tried to explain it and my theory doesn't break any known fundamental rule of the universe.

You want to know what theory breaks the most rules of the universe, it's the string theory. It supports the existence of infinite dimensions and time travel, yet people have no problem accepting it as a valid theory. Strange isn't it?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I can explain it, so I have tried to explain it and my theory doesn't break any known fundamental rule of the universe.

You want to know what theory breaks the most rules of the universe, it's the string theory. It supports the existence of infinite dimensions and time travel, yet people have no problem accepting it as a valid theory. Strange isn't it?
Lots of people don't accept string theory, and it undergoes rigorous testing to prove or disprove it.

You can't measure ghosts.

SUPERGGK

Lots of people don't accept string theory, and it undergoes rigorous testing to prove or disprove it.

You can't measure ghosts.
Can you tell me which scientific branch or organization is researching the paranormal? Despite so many videos and testimonies, you won't find anyone that is doing it. Then how are we ever going to find out the truth?

Don't you think that all this evidence demands a fair investigation? But I feel that most are hoping that we can find something else that can discard all this evidence; so that nobody has to look at it anymore. You can't just discard true experiences of people. It is creating an opportunity for the religious fanatics to brainwash people. Trust me if scientists and researchers treated these topics fairly and with respect, and found out the truth already then we would have people leaving their religions in masses.

Eric187

Banned
A serial killer will not go to heaven. I think they will be condemned to hell. I also believed that there was no afterlife as soul can't survive without the body. But when I found that our Gods were real and were extraterrestrial beings then I realized that maybe they have the ability to capture and transfer souls. And since they couldn't control their own children and some of them created hell, I believe that good people go to heaven where Gods and Angel's are and bad people are sent to hell where bad angels and demons are.
So how is it heaven for the family of the serial killer? I mean if I died and went to heaven I’d want my son or daughter with me. How’s it heaven for me if my children are condemned to hell for eternity?

nkarafo

When we die we stop existing. Just like before we were born, it's going to be nothing more than pure nothingness.

Stop trying to find a possibility of existing forever in some form.

I know, it's inconvenient now to think you won't exist but when you don't exist there is no inconvenience at all.

SUPERGGK

When we die we stop existing. Just like before we were born, it's going to be nothing more than pure nothingness.

Stop trying to find a possibility of existing forever in some form.

I know, it's inconvenient now to think you won't exist but when you don't exist there is no inconvenience at all.
Yup, I agree that this was how things were before our Gods came to Earth. But their arrival has given us the privilege to continue our lives beyond death. Here is a story in the Hindu mythology about this.

Hindu main God Shiva is considered immortal but he had a human wife that was mortal. And one day in an unfortunate accident she died. This greatly affected Shiva and maybe after this incident the Gods decided to create some kind of technology or system to protect the souls or consciousness of important humans, even after death.

SUPERGGK

So how is it heaven for the family of the serial killer? I mean if I died and went to heaven I’d want my son or daughter with me. How’s it heaven for me if my children are condemned to hell for eternity?
Well, I think they would have to live without them in heaven, just like how they are living without them here on Earth(providing the killer is in jail). And nobody cares about the killer. I think it doesn't matter to the Gods what the killer would want.

SUPERGGK

Reconstructing images by just using brain activity

See for yourself, even right now we have the ability to read minds and reconstruct images from brain activity. Just imagine how much more we would be able to do in a few years.

And since I believe that our Gods are extraterrestrial beings that have very advanced knowledge of science and technology, they too must have the same type of technology to capture the soul or consciousness of a person.

Dacon

Banned
Ghosts don't exist. Just a low-risk no-consequence fantasy people engage in.

I don't know man, I've seen some disturbing shit in my life time that's haunted me for a long time.

There's definitely something unexplainable out there, and I imagine with the advancement of science we may very well find a real explanation for it.

Oh ok. No I don't believe in Scientology. My views and thoughts are based on ancient aliens hypothesis. I think that there is enough proof that the Gods mentioned in our holy books were extraterrestrial beings that had advanced knowledge of science and technology. And our holy books are full of examples in support of this hypothesis.
Sounds pretty close to Scientology tbh

SUPERGGK

Sounds pretty close to Scientology tbh
Oh ok. I don't know much about Scientology to comment on that.

Personally I don't follow any religion or any religious practices. I believe in the existence of our Gods and I am sure I will meet them in the afterlife. Also I don't want any middle man or religion or anything to come in between me and my Gods. They are like a parent to us. And that's how I am going to treat them after meeting them. I don't worship God. I want to just meet them and thank them for everything that they gave me.

Oh ok. I don't know much about Scientology to comment on that.

Personally I don't follow any religion or any religious practices. I believe in the existence of our Gods and I am sure I will meet them in the afterlife. Also I don't want any middle man or religion or anything to come in between me and my Gods. They are like a parent to us. And that's how I am going to treat them after meeting them. I don't worship God. I want to just meet them and thank them for everything that they gave me.
Well you are very interesting I will say. I consider myself an Atheist. I don't see much point in following, or worrying about a god. Only you can assign meaning to your life. Live you life in peace and goodness. Value your time on earth. Maybe there is an afterlife or a God but I believe I will only know for sure once I die.

SUPERGGK

If your theory is any good you can summarize it in about 3 sentences 🤓
And how would that benefit you in any way? I am not here to just spread some crazy theory to look cool. I want to provide a simple, logical, believable and scientific explanation to explain the existence of souls and ghosts. If you want to know about it too, you should read it so that it can make some sense. Otherwise we would be arguing about the same thing that I already discussed in my OT or in this thread.

And how would that benefit you in any way? I am not here to just spread some crazy theory to look cool. I want to provide a simple, logical, believable and scientific explanation to explain the existence of souls and ghosts. If you want to know about it too, you should read it so that it can make some sense. Otherwise we would be arguing about the same thing that I already discussed in my OT or in this thread.
"Brevity is the soul of wit" -William Shakespeare

SUPERGGK

Well you are very interesting I will say. I consider myself an Atheist. I don't see much point in following, or worrying about a god. Only you can assign meaning to your life. Live you life in peace and goodness. Value your time on earth. Maybe there is an afterlife or a God but I believe I will only know for sure once I die.
Thanks, that's how I used to live too. But then I stumbled upon some real convincing evidence about our Gods and the afterlife. Now I want to make my life more interesting and meaningful; and I am also looking forward to the afterlife, now that I have some sense or idea how that would be.

It's like knowing that someone truly cares about how you did in your life and how you made the world a better place. It's not meaningless anymore.

Thanks, that's how I used to live too. But then I stumbled upon some real convincing evidence about our Gods and the afterlife. Now I want to make my life more interesting and meaningful; and I am also looking forward to the afterlife, now that I have some sense or idea how that would be.

It's like knowing that someone truly cares about how you did in your life and how you made the world a better place. It's not meaningless anymore.
I don't personally need God or religion to make my life meaningful but I understand why people feel this way. Its one of the hardest things for me to get through Christians.

Soodanim

Gold Member
See if you can win the James Randi One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge. People have been trying to claim it by demonstrating their claims for 60 years but maybe you’re the one.

Soodanim

Gold Member

To me this reads like a good fantasy setting. I would love for Harry Potter magic to be real, or Fullmetal Alchemist alchemy. It would be incredible if they existed. They’re great stories. Doesn’t do anything for reality though.

SUPERGGK

See if you can win the James Randi One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge. People have been trying to claim it by demonstrating their claims for 60 years but maybe you’re the one.
Does he visits haunted homes or treats videos or testimonies of people as evidence?

I don't believe in magic or miracle and I think that this is what Randi too believes. But I also believe that there is a scientific explanation about the existence of soul or ghosts that I have described in great detail in this thread through my OT and various posts.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Does he visits haunted homes or treats videos or testimonies of people as evidence?

I don't believe in magic or miracle and I think that this is what Randi too believes. But I also believe that there is a scientific explanation about the existence of soul or ghosts that I have described in great detail in this thread through my OT and various posts.
The whole thing about the Jame Randi challenge is that all you have to do is prove anything paranormal/supernatural in a scientifically measurable environment, the terms and bounds of which are custom for each claim. So if you’re saying you’re psychic, you have to prove it by pulling completely fresh information in isolation (not a real example, just a rough idea).

Top Bottom