• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate kids

nikolino840

I don't feel anything..even with the kids of my friends...
My friends instead they are always happy when they see kids,they speak with them,plays,etc..
And if they are newborn they want to pick them up,they ask questions to parents..and we have to spend at least 40min speaking of kids...
And i am behind waiting like this:
EEkdtys.png

I'm a sociopath?

other people's kids can be annoying as hell and I had to deal with them pretty often on my last job. but the well behave ones are great and deserve to be treated nicely. it's mostly on the parents to teach them and correct them, which a lot are not doing these days.

Aesius

Was the same until I had my son. Couldn’t fathom that anyone would ever want to deal with the grossness and overall hassle of having a kid. Still felt that way several weeks after he was born. Then he started smiling. Then a few weeks after that he started giggling. Now it’s pretty much my life’s mission to make him happy.

I'm too selfish in terms of personal freedom/spare time to have a kid. I'm also not after social status or wealth, so I'm not the type of person that sees having kids as an "asset" later on.

I'll either be dying in a bed with a robot caretaker next to me or in a tent city somewhere.

Tschumi

I taught kids for a while, I think it's up to the parents... Do they get taught that they need to grab attention? Are they told that they are ignored until they freak out? Are they taught that loud voices are the first part of a conversation? Or are they part of the family?

Some kids are nice and quiet, thoughtful, but they're shy and then you wonder if the parents are too strict, limiting their childhoods...

My favorite students were kids who could laugh, but were hella smart and involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities... You typically thought that they were, you know, aware of themselves during their childhood... Other ones you think are just on autopilot~

Last edited:

nikolino840

I taught kids for a while, I think it's up to the parents... Do they get taught that they need to grab attention? Are they told that they are ignored until they freak out? Are they taught that loud voices are the first part of a conversation? Or are they part of the family?

Some kids are nice and quiet, thoughtful, but they're shy and then you wonder if the parents are too strict, limiting their childhoods...

My favorite students were kids who could laugh, but were hella smart and involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities... You typically thought that they were, you know, aware of themselves during their childhood... Other ones you think are just on autopilot~
Is not for that,the problem is me that i don't feel the need to do something with kids or "seeing how they are cute" ..my friends they freak out when they see kids

Tschumi

Is not for that,the problem is me that i don't feel the need to do something with kids or "seeing how they are cute" ..my friends they freak out when they see kids
yeah... that freakout always makes we wince with pain :messenger_tears_of_joy:

screeching, shrill, annoying kids are the products of parents that teach them that they need to do that to get attention... So like, when you see an annoying kid, slap their folks :p

... and well, if u just straight-up don't like them... that's ok... maybe one day it'll suddenly reboot and you'll be crying about babies in ugly christmas sweaters :messenger_tears_of_joy:

kids and dogs love me almost immediately

cats take a little longer

sometimes i hate it when kids are excessively loud during the summer but it's good to know they're out there being kids

reptiles are the best

mekes

It's not for everyone. I have a 10 month old and honestly, I never wanted kids until 18-19 months or so back. I'm almost 39 so there is still hope for you OP.

What I would add. From my experience, the relationship I have with my fiance definitely added to my willingness to change course about children. Without her, I would not have been open to it. For me, all of the pieces just fell into place.

HarryKS

I really like kids, they're funny, they're annoying, I was a kid once, my mom was one, my sister was one, my dad was one once. They are the best of us. I am not self-loathing.

Ionian

Here’s a good test. If you don’t smile you’re confirmed for sociopath

Both of them are making a solid argument here. (I busted out laughing).

I love kids, I'm the eldest of a massive family. So grew up with my siblings being tiny.

My nieces and nephews are always happy to see me.

I still wind them up though but at this stage they just tell me to shut up (then we laugh).

It's annoying when people feel self-important when they announce they are having a baby, yet probably can't afford one and shouldn't have one(specifically referencing a coworker at my shitty job). They have a different attitude.

Having kids just for the sake of having kids or that society says you're "supposed to" does not make you important or better than people who choose not to have kids lol.

Last edited:

poodaddy

To be honest OP, I don't think it's a big deal. I mean, yeah, you sound like a narcissistic, selfish, sociopath asshole, but the world needs those too dude. It takes all types brethren, and you are as necessary as those adorable children that make their parents' lives worth living, so here's to you :D.

Mostly joking....kinda

Aarbron

Single, and don't see myself having children - just the way life pans out.

But mate, children bring a lot of joy and happiness to the world. Don't be a hater.

They bring hope for the future.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Nah, I'm with you. I hate being around kids that aren't my own. Even my own exhaust me. They're great kids, it just costs me a lot of energy to communicateon that level. Can't wait for them to get older so they can hopefully start to adapt my interests.

I had a short stint in a kindergarten years ago, and I've never hated each day more.

GymWolf

Perfectly normal, a lot of people are annoyed or don't care about childs but they can't say that because it's not socially accepted.

Top Bottom