• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I had a dream last night that I’ve bought SMTV while not owning a Switch

Is this a sign to buy a Switch again?

• Total voters

hemo memo

Gold Member
As the title suggest. I’ve never dreamt about video games before. Last night I had a dream that I’ve bought a copy of SMTV then went back home and laughed at myself that I’ve bought a game without the console to run it.

I sold my Switch a while back and I wouldn’t call myself an SMT hardcore fan. Also wasn’t that interested in SMTV. If still had my Switch I would have bought it discounted. I just recently finished P5 Strikers (which is great btw) but it just weird that my video game dream is this.

I thought of buying Switch OLED recently but I’m afraid I will regret it as A. Trying to reduce gaming time and B. I think Switch 2 on the horizon and I would rather wait for that.

jaysius

Banned
Some dreams don't need to come true. Save your money and play any other JRPG.

If you're looking for someone to tell you it's ok to buy a switch then you don't really want it, there's your solid answer, if you really wanted it, you'd already have done it.

You dream about playing a video game... how fucking sad can dreams get?

Family Guy Dreams GIF by Eternal Family

Isa

Gold Member
Could be some subconscious regret of selling it or a desire to reacquire one. Or the desire to play that one game. I personally wouldn't have traded a system in, but I also wouldn't belittle anyone for doing so either. If you are actively trying to game less then I'd not buy the system again, probably at a loss in the long term. Not that that matters to most people when getting what they want is the most important thing for them. Would you buy the system for just that one title or would you play others? Would you complain about the offerings or antiquated specs? If so I'd say avoid. There are plenty of good titles on the system but that also depends on your tastes and what made you sell it in the first place.

And with delayed gratification perhaps Switch 2 or whatever it'll be might be announced soon-ish and be backcompat, which I hope.

It's a great console for JRPGs. It has a wide variety of exclusives and non-exclusives that can be played on the big screen or on the go.

I'd say you have a good two years before you need to worry about a Switch 2 surfacing and Nintendo products hold their value remarkably well.

Reactions: Isa

TLZ

Banned
Update:
I’ve bought it guys. The OLED model with Pikmin 3, Pokemon Arecus and Ori Collection (1,2).

Now watch Nintendo announce the Pro/2.
Well.... Have fun.

You can always trade it in when the next one's out anyway.

Reactions: Isa
SMTV is 6/10 as fuck with awful frame rate/load screen issues on the Switch. There are much better games to have dreams over that are on PS4 or PS5.

Top Bottom