• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I fucking hate Cingular - can anyone tell me what voicemail default passcode is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood

Banned
I can't get any info from:

- Their website, which is a POS - it prompts me for my area code, then I get an error message

- Call the phone number to retrieve my messages, but I just got this phone and NO ONE fucking said a thing about what my voicemail passcode is to start off. You figure the guy would fucking tell me this, but I guess not.

- Can't call cvustomer service, their closed.

Meanwhile I'm getting shitty service inside my house, roatating back and forth from 1 to 4 bars any given time. Not to mention for some reason its using my nightime and weekend minutes instead of my unlimited mobile to mobile minutes when I'm calling someone with THE SAME FUCKING CELL PLAN. Mobile to mobile, by anyone's common sense means if you call someone with the same plan, its unlimited. Why the fuck is most of it counting towards nights and weekends?

Ugh, cell phones are a pain in the ass so far. Can anyone with a cingular plan tell me what exactly is the default voice mail pass code?

And I'dd appreciate it too if someone could tell me why the fuck mobile to mobile is being counted about 1/5 of the time I call someone with the same damn network and plan?

Hollywood

Banned
No shit man .. this has been a pain in the ass. You figure with something as fucking simple as what your voicemail password would be, they would fucking tell you.

Phoenix

Try the last 4 digits of your phone number or your social security number. Those are the types of things that are normally defaults.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Hollywood said:
I can't get any info from:

- Their website, which is a POS - it prompts me for my area code, then I get an error message

- Call the phone number to retrieve my messages, but I just got this phone and NO ONE fucking said a thing about what my voicemail passcode is to start off. You figure the guy would fucking tell me this, but I guess not.

Throttle it back there, captain. If you just got the phone and haven't even checked your voicemail yet, then it's likely that you haven't even set up the voicemail box (right?)

http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/common_voice_mail

Follow the bouncing ball.

- Can't call cvustomer service, their closed.

I'm kind of relieved that Cingular isn't (apparently) outsourcing to India. ;) But the truth of the matter is that even Verizon doesn't have 24/7 customer support, they just have their "emergency technical assistance" line; and I'd imagine the people on the other end vet those cases carefully before they either help you, or tell you to call back in the morning.

Meanwhile I'm getting shitty service inside my house, roatating back and forth from 1 to 4 bars any given time. Not to mention for some reason its using my nightime and weekend minutes instead of my unlimited mobile to mobile minutes when I'm calling someone with THE SAME FUCKING CELL PLAN. Mobile to mobile, by anyone's common sense means if you call someone with the same plan, its unlimited. Why the fuck is most of it counting towards nights and weekends?

Dude, seriously, did you read anything about Cingular before you signed up? They have a 30-day return policy; you get a full refund minus the cost of the service you used. Cell coverage isn't perfect, maps are meant to give a general idea, not a definitive yes or no as to whether or not you'll get coverage. As for the billing issue, that's a fair, legitimate complaint. You don't have - what I'd call - terribly motivated people at some of these stores, and someone probably just fucked up somewhere. Call them in the morning, and I'm sure Customer Service Goon #487 will be more than happy to correct it. You're still within the 1 month window to return it, afterall, they don't want to lose you as a customer while you can still bail (relatively) free of charge.

Ugh, cell phones are a pain in the ass so far. Can anyone with a cingular plan tell me what exactly is the default voice mail pass code?

Conventional wisdom states that it's usually the last four digits of your phone number.

And I'dd appreciate it too if someone could tell me why the fuck mobile to mobile is being counted about 1/5 of the time I call someone with the same damn network and plan?

Welcome to the world of cell phones, where overall, between all the companies, customer support is often rated as "dismal." Just be patient with them, don't yell at them (it'll just annoy them, make them annoyed with you, and less likely to help you), and everything will probably be okay.

Hollywood

Banned
Just tried all those - didn't work. Tried resetting the password over the phone, didn't work - they send me a text message on my phone saying 'sorry we couldn't complete it', tried it over the website - didn't work either. What fucking bullshit.

Phoenix

I just found it odd since T-Mobile had 24 hour customer support. I've called those guys at 4AM EST and they've been there.

Hollywood

Banned
Well I tried a bunch of numbers and they locked it down, now I can't do shit since their piss poor customer service is closed now. Fucking gay. I'm going to turn this damn thing back in if my mobile to mobile minutes aren't being used when they should.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Hollywood said:
Well I tried a bunch of numbers and they locked it down

You should be grateful that they do that instead of just letting people guess until they get into your voicemail. It's a security measure, it's not designed to piss people off.

now I can't do shit since their piss poor customer service is closed now. Fucking gay. I'm going to turn this damn thing back in if my mobile to mobile minutes aren't being used when they should.

I really think you're overreacting, especially when "How do I get into my voicemail?" should've been among the first of your questions to the rep before you walked out of the store. ;) Not being open 24/7 for general questions isn't "piss poor," it's - at least in my mind - expected.

Hollywood

Banned
Well my voicemail password sorry, wasn't one of the first damn things that popped into my head while I was running through about 20 electronic screens of service agreement. He told me all the fucking info was on the paper he gave me, and what do you know - its not.

The mobile to mobile thing is pissing me off most, because I got it specifically to talk to someone with cingular, and I got this plan for unlimited mobile to mobile. I've read the fine print and everything - and all my minutes should be counting towards it, not my nightime and weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom