• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found the cringiest scene in video game history.

mancs

at this rate , marvel will be making a gay super
The ultimate proof of homosexuals becoming totally mainstream will be when products with homo romances are laughed at & burned online for being the cringe-fests they are & ridiculed... like heterosexual romances are & have been forever when they're also sh*t.

So for example it's totally normal to laugh at Anakin & Padmé in Star Wars Attack of the Clones... right? but just because Ellies & whomever are lesbians they should get a free pass when their scene sucks beyond imagination? Nope. Welcome to the real world of normies.
what do you measure your normal on?? nature , numbers , or enforced psychological training??

Gtafans93

Nothing, nothing rivals this

Beware, NSFW

To this day I still dont understand the hate for that scene. It's Over the top Crazy and badass. Funny enough the wolfenstein games are over the top, crazy and badass, Thematically that scenes just that. My only issue is BJ should of been covered in blood as much as Anya

YCoCg

FFX should be excluded, the laughing scene was meant to be cringe, something being cringe on purpose is nowhere near as bad as something pretending to be super serious and "thoughtful" but coming off as cringe instead.

Matsuchezz

but to push the realities of being gay , on people whom never really cared, really doesn't fix anything that may be wrong , it just puts some off.. which is a shame.

why does it put people off?

why shouldn't it?? being homosexual , is normal.... to a gay person... what would you assume being gay is, to a none gay person???

i think this works both ways, i guess that is almost what gays must feel about straight relationships being portrayed in whatever medium you like. I assume that they do not feel that this kind of scenes are appealing to them. Granted that scene will make total sense and connect with people that their reality is like that and that is cool. A product can offer fan service for a broader audience.
the scene did not hit it with me either since I am straight but I can relate to a certain level that when you are in love with someone else, you can do stuff like this.

minute 25:30 you can see an honest gay reaction to these scenes, or at least I felt that was real.

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

Amazing game with a good stock story and loveable characters.

But Cuckmann couldn't help himself and had to bring a sassy black woman to beat the crap of both the male protagonists at the same time because do you know that women are as strong or even stronger than men?

And his desire for feminist & woke fanservice it's becoming bigger and bigger, we went from Nadine to that Tumblr fanfic called The Last Of Us 2.

I wonder what we will see in the next Cuckmann entry. I'm already salivating.
That’s some delicate masculinity you got there bro, take care of that.

Matsuchezz

Whenever a little lesbian girl that dresses like some slob dude tries to act as if she was a horny man, with the same mannerisms and all, then all you can do is cringe.

And let's not forget Dina is there with the baby she got from the dude she cuckolded with Ellie. All so they can form the lesbian fantasy so progressive family with a stock minority baby.

I mean, it's not a documentary, everything there is a play on the woke fantasies of the people who made the game.

i can only speak for myself but a female gay which is a good friend of mine acts and thinks like a guy, She loves women and she behaves like that guy that wants to fuck all the pretty ladies, but deep down she wants also be treated as a lady. She has told me so. She Is only missing a dick to be a dude. So for me, that did not come cringe at all, you just need to put yourself in the other person point of view.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Addressing the big ones in this thread:

The FFVIIR scene doesn't really strike me as cringey. SPOILERS to anyone who hasn't played the original, or forgot some of the minutiae of the plot, but Jenova was able to exhibit control over every Sephiroth Clone in the original game and the real Sephiroth wasn't seen in flesh and blood until the battle in the Northern Crater at the game's end (excluding flashbacks.) This, paired with some optional scenes you can view in the Icicle Inn area that state Jenova's power involves manipulating the memories and senses of people surrounding her shows this scene makes perfect sense in it's own narrative.

Cloud has *just recently* recovered from an otherwise lethal dose of Mako poisoning at this point in the story, saved randomly by the Jenova cells in his body interacting with the stories Zack told him, his own ideas about what it means to "be a SOLDIER," and the appearance of Tifa. If anyone in the plot makes sense to have tripping balls and attacking neighbors, it's the borderline personality disorder, drug addled guy with the huge sword whose most recent memories are his best friend dying in front of him and his village burning to cinders. Also, it's not too insane to think "a crazy cultist," would have an apartment. In the original, there was a dude who was basically a Sephiroth Clone without a cloak living in a pipe in Sector 5. Townsfolk probably just think he's a drug addict in tattered clothes. Sector 7 in particular doesn't give much of a shit when Barret or Cloud walk around fully armed. These people must see all sorts.

Moving on to TLOU2...yeah, that shit is cringey as fuck, they turned a decent portion of the climax of the game into a slice of life episode that most people can't relate to (not because they're gay, but because I'd wager most don't dance around their farmhouse kitchen with their partner to Indie music with their adopted minority baby in tow. Feels like an Old Navy commercial. Ick.)

Last edited:

Ellery

Moving on to TLOU2...yeah, that shit is cringey as fuck, they turned a decent portion of the climax of the game into a slice of life episode that most people can't relate to (not because they're gay, but because I'd wager most don't dance around their farmhouse kitchen with their partner to Indie music with their adopted minority baby in tow. Feels like an Old Navy commercial. Ick.)

You do have a point. I also couldn't relate to killing hundreds of humans, dogs and infected either. I sometimes do put myself in other people's perspective and worlds though when I play games.

( It is Dina's child though. It is not adopted and before you ask. No Ellie is not the father ... )

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You do have a point. I also couldn't relate to killing hundreds of humans, dogs and infected either. I sometimes do put myself in other people's perspective and worlds though when I play games.

( It is Dina's child though. It is not adopted and before you ask. No Ellie is not the father ... )

I think it was a clashing of tone more than anything. Placing that scene right at the end didn't contrast anything atmosphere-wise for me (besides the PTSD sheep trigger scene, which to be fair, I thought was done REALLY well) but...pacing and establishing narrative stakes (why should I care about this?) is one of the game's biggest issues to me. That's neither here nor there, though. I enjoyed the entirety of it a lot more than some, but there's a few scenes that just didn't hit with me.

Also, thanks for the correction. I guess I was speaking "adopted," more with Ellie in mind, because as the player character you're relating more to her, and she's not the mother OR father.

Nahh man, the cringiest shit i've ever seen came from the MIcrosoft Kinect era E3's. Each one worse than the next.

The kid and dad playing the disney game, or whatever it was and shouting "Fist bump" made my teeth curl.

Roufianos

I don't think anything will top this for me. Especially the way he subtly humps the air throughout.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Anyone who thinks that scene in TLOU2 is cringe need serious medical attention. Fucking disappointment this forum.
TLOU2 is a shitty and cringy game. What now internet warrior?

That’s some delicate masculinity you got there bro, take care of that.
We are being overrun by Reetards. Kinda sad, NeoGAF was actually better again. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

1cc95bbd4c48de5b39bacf4295617e0ee2db843e.gifv

Fuck this game and Fuck Kojima.

Ellery

1cc95bbd4c48de5b39bacf4295617e0ee2db843e.gifv

Fuck this game and Fuck Kojima.

Actually good one bringing this up. I am still not sure what Kojima tried to do there (maybe spreading some positivity about video games and picking the most loved game Mario) and I give Kojima a lot of freedom of expression, but that scene made me feel extra weird.

If someone can explain it to me I'd love to understand it

Leopold

It's not cringe because they're gay, you homophobe. It's cringe because it is.

Nah, it is not cringe, it is fine. A couple dancing and flirting in the kitchen, like normal individuals, not shooting guns and exploding heads. Actually, a great contrast with the scenes that come right after, showing Ellie's PTSD.

borborygmus

If anyone in the plot makes sense to have tripping balls and attacking neighbors, it's the borderline personality disorder, drug addled guy with the huge sword whose most recent memories are his best friend dying in front of him and his village burning to cinders. Also, it's not too insane to think "a crazy cultist," would have an apartment. In the original, there was a dude who was basically a Sephiroth Clone without a cloak living in a pipe in Sector 5. Townsfolk probably just think he's a drug addict in tattered clothes. Sector 7 in particular doesn't give much of a shit when Barret or Cloud walk around fully armed. These people must see all sorts.

Yeah but "GuEsS iT'S tImE fOr InTrOdUcTiOnS" sephiroth-shit-eating-grin.jpg "wHaT aRe yOu DoInG tO mArCo?"

Making logical sense is not the criterion for cringe, and if it weren't a moot point I'd say that Cloud is supposed to be able to control himself at this point in the story and would try to not slice the neighbor in half in the middle of the night just because he groans, so I don't even agree with your justification.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Nah, it is not cringe, it is fine. A couple dancing and flirting in the kitchen, like normal individuals, not shooting guns and exploding heads. Actually, a great contrast with the scenes that come right after, showing Ellie's PTSD.

stop mansplaining to me please i'm speaking my truth and you need to respect that you homophone

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Yeah but "GuEsS iT'S tImE fOr InTrOdUcTiOnS" sephiroth-shit-eating-grin.jpg "wHaT aRe yOu DoInG tO mArCo?"

Making logical sense is not the criterion for cringe, and if it weren't a moot point I'd say that Cloud is supposed to be able to control himself at this point in the story and preferably try to not slice the neighbor in half in the middle of the night because he groans, so I don't even agree with your justification.

I mean, difference in opinion. The lines weren't over-acted and it fits soundly in the narrative, if it struck you as cringe, then that's valid, as well. For my part, an example from the same game that is highly cringe to me is the ghost children in the Train Graveyard. Everyone is somber and subdued, and out of nowhere, mixed three decibels higher than any of the dialogue in the rest of the scene, "ARR U REAAAADDDY?!!!"

"I'M READYNOWWW,"

Like, Christ, Square. Especially after having scenes with Marlene's VA, possibly one of the best voices for a child role I've heard in gaming, you stick these three One Piece sounding dipshits in a scene together? UGGGHHHH

MiguelItUp

While I don't dig the art style or the game, I don't believe there's anything "cringy" about that scene. This just feels like another situation where the term is being used and not in the right context.

This, to me, wasn't cringy whatsoever. It wasn't directed towards "boomers", the game was directed towards a younger audience. Hence the art style, humor, etc.

Nothing, nothing rivals this

Beware, NSFW

I personally never understood people chasing this game as SJW agenda filled, etc. The game is ridiculous. That's really it. It was inspired by grindhouse vibes and it shows through and through.

Last edited:

Leopold

hey some of my best friends are leftists

nah but for real you assume people dislike the scene because it's lesbians when in reality it's just awkward shit

it's 2020 nobody gives a shit about lesbians anymore

sure, that is why everyone deemed tlou2 as woke, extreme leftist etc, for "not giving a shit about lesbians" lol

Not even accusing people of "homophobia" - just as extremely averse to anything that is not the normal canon of videogames.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
sure, that is why everyone deemed tlou2 as woke, extreme leftist etc, for "not giving a shit about lesbians" lol

Not even accusing people of "homophobia" - just as extremely averse to anything that is not the normal canon of videogames.

Not getting into the whole TLOU2 thing again, the mere existence of lesbians in the game isn't what anybody with any sense was complaining about because Ellie's been a lesbian since Left Behind it's old news.

Sorry to take a dump on a shitty scene I'll be a better ally next time.

Top Bottom