• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I find Infamous Second Son/First Light more visually appealing than Spider-Man Ps4

It is hard for me to pick between the two. I probably got more out of the HDR with inFAMOUS SS than I did Spidey. Spidey probably pulls off a bigger/better scale. SS looks incredible to this day (can't wait to see Ghost of Tsushima on my TV).

A big think that inFAMOUS has going for it, as pointed out already, is the contrast with the neon lighting across dark backdrops, just looks really nice. Spider-Man looks really good, and considering the scale of the open world streaming from a crappy mechanical drive, pretty impressive.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Infamous 2 remaster would be amazing, I need to play SS more I'm basically comparing the two games and right now SS is alright

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Infamous definitely has the better art style but Spider-Man is more pleasing to look at for a longer period of time if that makes sense.

Fbh

Infamous has definitely held up really well considering how early into the gen it released.
Overall though I think all things considered Spiderman looks better, though Infamous did some nice stuff with particles and had a nicer art direction.

As a game though I found Spiderman far superior in pretty much every way. Second Son was big letdown since to me it felt like it took a step back from Infamous 2 in everything but visuals. Though I think part of it was Sucker Punch needing to have the game ready for the launch window, which is why I'm really looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima

kiphalfton

Actually prefer Prototype over Infamous or Marvel's Spider-Man. Now imagine if Prototype had been a licensed Venom game. Especially after them releasing The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction. Radical could have stayed open had that happened.

chozen

The infamous games are my favorite superhero games over any of the marvel stuff and prototype.

I would say I enjoy the Marvel films/comics and prototype has some really fun gameplay, but Infamous just has that balance care and quality put into it.

I hope sucker punch continues the franchise after Ghost of Tsushima, tbh I'm not personally excited for Ghost too much...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Second Son was big letdown since to me it felt like it took a step back from Infamous 2 in everything but visuals
As much I still enjoyed that game and even platinum it, I have to agree....especially in enemy variety and scale.

diffusionx

Gold Member
IMO, Second Son is one of the more underrated games of this gen. It is better than the usual Ubishit style template of open world games (something that Spiderman, but not too badly), and looks really great. It also got a Pro patch and was one of the first games I played on my console, so it was a cut above everything else at the time. I didn't play First Light, but yea, I liked it a lot.

Valonquar

OG Infamous characters were more entertaining than Second Son. Even playing as the "good" guy he's such an unlikable cunt it made it less of a game. Graphically it was amazeballs though.

Top Bottom