• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I didn't get fired thankfully.

Durien

I definitely agree going to the n+1. This way your boss' boss can have a sit down and find out what the problem is. Thwn he'll say, Unless you got something solid, leave him alone from now on.

Edit to make more sense.

Last edited:
Hmm I don't speak British natively but let me try to help.

Oi m8 ya done lost the plot if ya got some daft old debbie downer yankin ya by your bollocks, running over your todger with the trolly over a bloody bag of crisps, then having a right giggle over it with her flatmates... You need to skive off and tube on over to the NHS and have em suss out your testozzy levels. We need to get them levels to "high-normal" right quick, all the lads down at the pub are doing it. Once ya get that sorted and hit the gym for a spell you'll be a proper bloke with no fear of some sad bird who you can crush with your mere mitts as were she a crumpet.

It'll just be you saying "These are me crisps" and her deferring with a "right then, cheerio!" whenever you want the crisps, whether they're in saleable condition or nay.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
This sounds like a walmart or whatever other type of grocery store, leave.

Also try to get the fuck out of retail as a career if you're young (which sounds like you are)

Jsisto

Retail manager here. It’s entirely possible you just have a shitty boss. As someone else pointed out, there are so many middle level managers that are just straight up assholes and shouldn’t be managing anyone. If that’s the case, you can go the HR route, but unless you’re career minded with this particular job, it’s probably more hassle than it’s worth.

I would ask you a few questions though, and I promise it’s in good faith and a genuine desire to help. If you’re being completely introspective, how would you say your work ethic stacks up to your peers. Are you performing at a similar level or do you often find your coworkers often get a lot more done and/or work faster than you. How do you take feedback/constructive criticism from a supervisor? Do you get defensive/shift blame or do you own up to mistakes and have a genuine desire to learn and improve. Is your attendance good, generally being on time missing shifts rarely if ever?

If you feel confident that you’re doing all that right, yeah, you’re probably just being targeted or mistreated. But oftentimes people don’t realize they’re not good performers because most managers are generally really bad at, and avoid having these types of conversations, and will try to throw the book at you in other ways. It’s easier to say “x person violated this particular policy” than to make the case of “x person does not work as fast or have as good a personality as y person”. Those things are less tangible so they will go after you in ways with policy/legal backing.

Again, not trying to be accusatory as I know very little about you lol, just trying to get more perspective. I thankfully work for a company now that is very development focused and supportive of everyone, but I know that tends to not be the norm. Hope you are able to work things out.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Just an update, not sure if many care.

But I am really thankful for all the advice, and some off the funny comments genuinely made me giggle to myself :)

Anyway went into work today, my Manager asked to speak to me.

He was super nice to me, as he always his.

I was told I there is no need to email or put a complaint in, as he has spoke to the people I did the meeting with, my supervisor got investigated and dismissed.

Honestly I felt so happy at work today, it was like a huge amount of worry and stressed lifted off my shoulders :)

I've put looking for another job on hold as I do feel valued. ❤️

kisses-i-love-you.gif

Fools idol

Banned
the best thing to do in this situation is look for another job while you are in one you know is secure for the time being.

chromhound

But I am really thankful for all the advice, and some off the funny comments genuinely made me giggle to myself :)

I was told I there is no need to email or put a complaint in, as he has spoke to the people I did the meeting with, my supervisor got investigated and dismissed.

Honestly I felt so happy at work today, it was like a huge amount of worry and stressed lifted off my shoulders :)

kisses-i-love-you.gif
Now to become the supervisor

Mr1999

I am considering looking for another job, as I just don't want the stress.

This is the best thing you or anyone could do when working in such environment. When shit gets petty like that it's a signal to get out of there. I promised myself once I got my training (which I did and they paid for) that I would no longer stick around no matter how inconvenient it was to find another job, you will thank yourself later. Sometimes you will see how hard they will fight to keep you, one time I had to move from my employer to another state and they offered me $8.00 on top of the $22 to keep me, but at that point I knew my worth and it was too late for them.

Last edited:

kisses-i-love-you.gif
That's great news! You just know you weren't the only person with stories about her if they dismissed her so quickly.

Saber

Gold Member

kisses-i-love-you.gif

Really happy everything worked in the end for you. Stay safe.

Braag

Look for another job, sounds bit dramatic all that. But good that all panned out.

My workplace has change negotiations going and they are planning to get rid of a few dozen workers. I'll know in the coming weeks if I'm unemployed or not, gonna start looking for a new job just in case I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom