• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I decided last night that I will never get married......ever.

Hey ya'll, it's me again.

So I've always battled the notion of getting married to another person, but I thought I was religiously obligated to do so. Luckily, that wasn't the case and it genuinely removed a huge mental burden off my back.

Now, what I will say is to reach the ultimate form of manhood is by getting married and having/raising kids. I will never ever disrespect any person who wishes to do so and I genuinely commend them for doing so in an increasingly selfish and narcissistic age that we live in.

Now, as to why I don't ever want to get married? It's quite simple:
  • I don't want to compromise myself for anyone else except for my parents when they reach old age.
  • Children are the apples of ny person's eyes. However, I don't see myself raising a child in this current world that we live in, especially one that has brap brap in it.
  • I feel more relaxed and comfortable knowing that I don't have to work hard financially for anyone else except for myself. Having a family is an expensive endeavour but fortunately, countries have pretty good child support programs.
This may make me look and sound completely and utterly selfish and immature, but I believe marriage for someone like me isn't a suitable choice to make. It's a controversial thing to claim, but I'm hoping to hear some diverse opinions on the matter and don't hold back!

So I've always battled the notion of getting married to another person, but I thought I was religiously obligated to do so. Luckily, that wasn't the case and it genuinely removed a huge mental burden off my back.

Now, what I will say is to reach the ultimate form of manhood is by getting married and having/raising kids. I will never ever disrespect any person who wishes to do so and I genuinely commend them for doing so in an increasingly selfish and narcissistic age that we live in.

• I don't want to compromise myself for anyone else except for my parents when they reach old age.
  • Children are the apples of ny person's eyes. However, I don't see myself raising a child in this current world that we live in, especially one that has brap brap in it.
  • I feel more relaxed and comfortable knowing that I don't have to work hard financially for anyone else except for myself. Having a family is an expensive endeavour but fortunately, countries have pretty good child support programs.
This may make me look and sound completely and utterly selfish and immature, but I believe marriage for someone like me isn't a suitable choice to make. It's a controversial thing to claim, but I'm hoping to hear some diverse opinions on the matter and don't hold back!
Shut the fuck up.

I came to this exact same revelation when I was younger, about a year before I met my current wife and had kids. Carry on man, carry on.
That's exactly what's gonna happen, isn't it?
xHgSXr2.png

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Why assume that the person you'll be today is the person you'll be in 5 years? It is better to work toward something like marriage while staying relatively detached. If it doesn't work out, oh well. But if / when you get lovestruck you'll be cursing the day you made this thread and for not preparing better.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I came to this exact same revelation when I was younger, about a year before I met my current wife and had kids. Carry on man, carry on.

"What are you going to do? Marry me?" - Man later married to his girlfriend

It's cute that some guys think they really have any say in the matter if you meet "the one". If she wants to get married then you're getting married. Don't feel too bad since the wedding isn't really about you either.

Marriage is amazing though if you meet the right person. But I would probably recommend at least evolving your stance from "I'm not ever getting married" to "I'm not ever getting married for arbitrary reasons as a stated life goal".

"What are you going to do? Marry me?" - Man later married to his girlfriend

It's cute that some guys think they really have any say in the matter if you meet "the one". If she wants to get married then you're getting married. Don't feel too bad since the wedding isn't really about you either.

Marriage is amazing though if you meet the right person. But I would probably recommend at least evolving your stance from "I'm not ever getting married" to "I'm not ever getting married for arbitrary reasons as a stated life goal".
2199645126-3-7.gif

I'm on the same boat as you. My parents/sibling and the preservation of my immediate environment is a lifelong goal that I strive towards.
I also think there are different ways to pass down a legacy, building a family is just one of many factors.
To me, the little things, like the way one behaves, treats others, and good work ethic is, not only humbling, but has positive repercussions for the individual and society.

I'm on the same boat as you. My parents/sibling and the preservation of my immediate environment is a lifelong goal that I strive towards.
I also think there are different ways to pass down a legacy, building a family is just one of many factors.
To me, the little things, like the way one behaves, treats others, and good work ethic is, not only humbling, but has positive repercussions for the individual and society.
And don't forget, we also have to stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless... and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return... to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern... and less materialism in young people.

And don't forget, we also have to stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless... and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return... to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern... and less materialism in young people.
I'm not sure if you're being serious, as those are admirable, but lofty goals. I like starting small and building from there. I do like the sound of traditional values, as it gives us structure, a thing to protect and preserve.

O-N-E

Is it really permissible in Islam to not get married/have children? That's a surprise for me.

Anyways, you can just impregnate and head out if taking care of kids is not your thing.

CloudNull

Banned
Marriage is the greatest thing to ever experience. Loving some one unconditionally is hard and forces you to grown in a way you could never image.

Life’s easy when you live it on your own terms but learning to live life as partnership truly builds you as man.

There’s a lot of soy floating around thid thread.

bronk

Banned
Do what makes you happy dude. Ive thought like you plenty and felt that way for awhile. Lately those feelings are starting to change, even though im in hoe phase. Who knows everyone changes in time. Just be happy and let things fall into place.

teezzy

Banned
brap brap Anyone with an "emergency Pop! fund" deserves to be shot in the face point blank with a paintball gun.

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima There's no such thing as "the one". That's fairy tale crap. Also getting married just for the sake of it is dumb as hell. There's too many legalities tied up there. Do yourself a favor and if you find something that works, let it flow naturally. Life's too short.

brap brap Anyone with an "emergency Pop! fund" deserves to be shot in the face point blank with a paintball gun.

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima There's no such thing as "the one". That's fairy tale crap. Also getting married just for the sake of it is dumb as hell. There's too many legalities tied up there. Do yourself a favor and if you find something that works, let it flow naturally. Life's too short.
My parents got married just to get out from under their parents' feet. I was raised by two people who couldn't stand the sight of each other. Did me the world of good.

Is it really permissible in Islam to not get married/have children? That's a surprise for me.
Its considered "makrooh" meaning highly discouraged in Islamic Jurisprudence.

We are also given the license to live as single human beings if we have solid self-control and a strong inclination towards perfecting your spiritual self, and God knows best.

I think people are failing to get that this was meant as a joke. I think ya need to watch more movies, people.

Blade2.0

You had me until traditional moral values. Those are the damn problem 😉

D'oh. Just saw you meant it as a joke.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
10 years of someone’s life is a long time to wait to find out you’re not compatible with the other person. Kids suffer from it depending upon the situation. Divorces are ugly and take a lot of time and energy to figure out. People who get a divorce have a higher chance of another one. People who have development issues with their child have a higher rate of divorce. The whole thing is pretty depressing if you start throwing out all the cons.

What if you did fall in love and you had a kid or something. You’d have to pay child support and fight your ex on who gets the kid. The government will step in if you don’t pay too. This is because you decided you wanted to a relationship with someone.

My dad never got remarried. He had full custody of us kids and he died at a relatively young age. I can definitely see how that lifestyle is less stressful for some people. They can love their kids without all the fighting. Spouses can come and go, but you’re raising kids who’ll remember you for the rest of their life. I know I’d rather separate than spend all my time fighting in front of the kids. That teaches them that that type of behavior is how they should be treated. Kids deserve to have a good childhood.

Last edited:
10 years of someone’s life is a long time to wait to find out you’re not compatible with the other person. Kids suffer from it depending upon the situation. Divorces are ugly and take a lot of time and energy to figure out. People who get a divorce have a higher chance of another one. People who have development issues with their child have a higher rate of divorce. The whole thing is pretty depressing if you start throwing out all the cons.

What if you did fall in love and you had a kid or something. You’d have to pay child support and fight your ex on who gets the kid. The government will step in if you don’t pay too. This is because you decided you wanted to a relationship with someone.

My dad never got remarried. He had full custody of us kids and he died at a relatively young age. I can definitely see how that lifestyle is less stressful for some people. They can love their kids without all the fighting. Spouses can come and go, but you’re raising kids who’ll remember you for the rest of their life. I know I’d rather separate than spend all my time fighting in front of the kids. That teaches them that that type of behavior is how they should be treated. Kids deserve to have a good childhood.
jshackles jshackles , not gonna lie but this post has put any chances of me getting married in permanent shackles
eG10bsN.png

Last edited:

Amory

Idk what the point of making those kinds of 'decisions' is. Just live your life, meet people, and do what you want to do when the time comes.

Cutty Flam

Banned

I was trying to sleep last night and all of a sudden, in the middle of the night, brap brap ‘s brigade of sluts decided to sing the chorus to this song while looking up to his window outside his 2 story beach house

There were 28 hoes out there trying to get in. Each one shaking a 42 inch ass, minimum, and they had enough milk in their tits to turn the water in Camp Crystal Lake white

I was trying to sleep last night and all of a sudden, in the middle of the night, brap brap ‘s brigade of sluts decided to sing the chorus to this song while looking up to his window outside his 2 story beach house

There were 28 hoes out there trying to get in. Each one shaking a 42 inch ass, minimum, and they had enough milk in their tits to turn the water in Camp Crystal Lake white

Ok dis Super Mario Sunshine After Midnight music

Top Bottom