• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't remember the name of this Movie/Cartoon/Song/etc.

PSqueak

Banned
This one might be more difficult because it's more vague. All I remember was there was a grandmother or some babysitter was an alien and someone gets turned into a tree. This is all I remember about it. I don't remember the channel it was on either. It bugs me that I can't figure it out.

This sounds like disjointed memories of different episodes of Moville's Mysteries.

So on disney as a kid in around 2000 or 2002 there was this short cartoon (5 min) that used to play in between shows up here in Canada

It was two instruments, a sax and a trumpet or something. They talked in the sound they made, but all I recall is that they were in an attic or something, and the one instrument was sort of bullying the other one...possibly a female instrumemt was involved

I saw this movie on cable once, and for whatever reason this one scene has returned to my memory and I have no idea what it's from. Driving me bonkers.

I think it's an 80's movie, but I don't know. The scene has some kid, maybe a teenager? He gets chased or something by some other guys who beat him up or whoop him or something. Alice Coopers "No More Mr. Nice Guy" plays during the scene. Every time I hear that song, I remember this scene, and have no idea what it's from.

Anybody?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I saw this movie on cable once, and for whatever reason this one scene has returned to my memory and I have no idea what it's from. Driving me bonkers.

I think it's an 80's movie, but I don't know. The scene has some kid, maybe a teenager? He gets chased or something by some other guys who beat him up or whoop him or something. Alice Coopers "No More Mr. Nice Guy" plays during the scene. Every time I hear that song, I remember this scene, and have no idea what it's from.

Anybody?

Dazed and Confused.

A non-english (Eastern European?), perhaps black and white, 2D animated short that featured an old married couple that bickered like crazy. The man would get very upset at the birds surrounding their home, and at one point states "I don't even believe my reflection any more!"

Not much to go on, but if anyone has any ideas, that would be cool.

Ok, listening to the new Angel Olsen song Sister and there's this bit at 7:00-7:10 that is greatly reminding me of something, and I can't figure out what song it is. It might even be from a game soundtrack, I dunno. Specifically it's the sound and nature of those high notes on top of the mix there. It's driving me nuts.

https://youtu.be/-mIA1r2ZELU?t=419

luso

An drama show made in the first-half(?) of the nineties, during WW2 or the late 40s period, but was not directly related to the war itself, setting was always in American soil, at least is what I remember.
Also many scenes were in a restaurant or a bar, several female characters worked there, Well, at least one, was a waitresse/employee, I think a main character, was blond and kinda of hot.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
not a cartoon but a book.

It was a children's book with a dragon, NOT puff the magic dragon, it was a pink dragon. And honestly thats all i remember. I can picture the dragon and would remember if i saw it.

DeadTrees

An drama show made in the first-half(?) of the nineties, during WW2 or the late 40s period, but was not directly related to the war itself, setting was always in American soil, at least is what I remember.
Also many scenes were in a restaurant or a bar, several female characters worked there, Well, at least one, was a waitresse/employee, I think a main character, was blond and kinda of hot.
Probably Homefront.

not a cartoon but a book.

It was a children's book with a dragon, NOT puff the magic dragon, it was a pink dragon. And honestly thats all i remember. I can picture the dragon and would remember if i saw it.

Just a guess but Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher?

T3PmjJ2m.jpg

malfcn

Three from 15-25 years ago.

Rock Lords
Space stuff, and had transforming humanoid rocks. Had a toy, gold nugget?

Tigersharks
Guys jumped into a swimming pool and turned into sharks.

The Adventures of T Rex
Dinosaurs that wore colored armor, humanoid, fought crime.

Bishop89

This is going to be extremely vague but ill give it a shot.

-Early-mid 90s movie.
-Fighting genre
-I think i remember something about the american colours, whether it was on the cover of the VHS or if one of the characters was sporting it.
-Definitely a 'team' of fighters against baddies.
-I THINK i recall there being a caged fight on the roof of a building.
-For some reason i am envisioning one of the main characters having long blonde hair, but i could be mistaken.

Bishop89

I feel like this could be one of the American Kickboxer sequels.

i looked up To the Death and i think it sort of has a similar vibe. But no, none of those unfortunately.

Best of the best... or maybe one of sequels. It was team USA martial arts fights.

nope.
I feel like it was less standard ring type fights and something more like the link above.

I think one of the characters reminds me of Ken (Street fighter) lol.

I really wish there was more I could hint out but this was like when i was 6 haha.

Sojgat

This is going to be extremely vague but ill give it a shot.

-Early-mid 90s movie.
-Fighting genre
-I think i remember something about the american colours, whether it was on the cover of the VHS or if one of the characters was sporting it.
-Definitely a 'team' of fighters against baddies.
-I THINK i recall there being a caged fight on the roof of a building.
-For some reason i am envisioning one of the main characters having long blonde hair, but i could be mistaken.

Firepower (1993)?

Bishop89

Firepower (1993)?

holy shit, the guy from city hunter lol

giphy.gif

But naa thats not it :( I remember it being a 'modern' day flick. Dont really remember a lot of explosions/gunfire.

But honestly these recommendations from you guys are the best thing even if I cant find what i was looking for.
Firepower looks like a fun watch lol

I'm thinking of a movie or show, not sure which. I think it involved an EMP threat of some sort, whether an EMP or bomb had gone off, or the whatever enemy was present had an EMP attack. The protagonists needed some transportation, and decided on a school bus, because it was old enough that it could still run after being hit with the EMP. I think someone even mentions they need a vehicle old enough to not have a catalytic converter (?? I know nothing about cars, I have no idea if this is accurate)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I've been racking my brain trying to remember this movie I've watched as a kid. The details are fuzzy but here's what stuck for me:

- It has space travel
- One of the leads has a beard, kinda like commander Riker
- It was deceptively dark?
- There was a death scene were a robot killed a man by drilling through a thick book that was desperately used as a shield, then through the man

Any idea?

Ok, there was a Sunday morning cartoon sometime in the 90s.
It starred a baby with a mohawk. He had two sidekicks, one might have been an alien and the other might have been some sort of robot.
Only thing I remember was that the kid would say "Dirty diapers!" a lot. Anyone 'member?

androvsky

I've been racking my brain trying to remember this movie I've watched as a kid. The details are fuzzy but here's what stuck for me:

- It has space travel
- One of the leads has a beard, kinda like commander Riker
- It was deceptively dark?
- There was a death scene were a robot killed a man by drilling through a thick book that was desperately used as a shield, then through the man

Any idea?
Disney's Black Hole, I think. I was quite haunted by the drilling scene fo a while as a little kid.

Edit: while I'm here, I overheard a hilariously hipster song one night and woild like to hear the rest of it. All I remember is something about "copyright manifest destiny", and it was repeating the word "produce" I think. It was kinda techno-ish, sorry, no good at electronica genres.

Ok, there was a Sunday morning cartoon sometime in the 90s.
It starred a baby with a mohawk. He had two sidekicks, one might have been an alien and the other might have been some sort of robot.
Only thing I remember was that the kid would say "Dirty diapers!" a lot. Anyone 'member?

From a quick google search it looks like you mean Fantastic Max.

Nairume

Banned
Maybe this thread can finally help me end my search for this damned show.

As a child, I had a VHS of a couple episodes of a cartoon about talking animals living in some kind of forest, and things centered more around one specific animal (who I want to say was either a bear or a lion). I think the series was actually named around that specific animal, though nothing I've found seems to match up with that. I think the animals sang.

I realize the description of the show is vague as hell and describes at least several dozen series, but I actually specifically remember details about how one episode centered around a mystery of the animals finding a cave underground that led to a mysterious door, following which the animals debated on whether or not to open it. I think they chose to hold off on opening that door, but the episode ended on showing the door while spooky music played. That episode was the last one on the VHS, so I never found out what was behind that door as I never found any more episodes of that cartoon and I did not have access to the internet to find more information on it until I had already forgotten the name of the series.

The rest I really have to work on is that the show can't have been made any later than the mid-90's. I really want to say that I saw it in 93/94 specifically, but it could have been as late as 96/97. I also remember it looking "nice" enough to where I don't think it is any older than the mid-80's. The show was definitely in english, though it's possible that it could have been a localization.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Disney's Black Hole, I think. I was quite haunted by the drilling scene fo a while as a little kid.

Omfg, that's it. That's the one. After a quick search, it was a PG rated Disney movie?

I remember thinking it was too dark as a kid. Especially the drilling scene. It burned into my psyche.

It's disappointing to see that the movie was considered a critical flop though, as I loved it back then. But then again, how can it not when it has things like this:

qvq20OO.jpg\

Does anyone know a movie where, in part, a person climbs a tower (or wall or something) by climbing large spikes that come out of the side of it? I believe the spikes were mechanical and came out of the wall as the character climbed.

I saw it a few times when I was around 5 years old so it predates 1993, possibly by a long time. It might have been black and white and it might not have been in English, but I am really not sure. It is probably not suitable for children either.

_______

Probably much easier, does anyone know the name of a live action children's show from 25 years ago or older, possibly from Britain, where the main character is a man with a black cape who is a probably a wizard? I remember him walking around a garden with a woman. Maybe there was a magic bird bath but I could be mixing things up or imagining that.

Probably much easier, does anyone know the name of a live action children's show from 25 years ago or older, possibly from Britain, where the main character is a man with a black cape who is a probably a wizard? I remember him walking around a garden with a woman. Maybe there was a magic bird bath but I could be mixing things up or imagining that.

Into The Labyrinth?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
As a child, I had a VHS of a couple episodes of a cartoon about talking animals living in some kind of forest, and things centered more around one specific animal (who I want to say was either a bear or a lion). I think the series was actually named around that specific animal, though nothing I've found seems to match up with that. I think the animals sang.

The description sounds a lot like Jungle Cubs, but I don't see an episode like the one you mentioned.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Maybe a shot in the dark, since this thread seems kind of inactive, but here goes:

I remember an animated tv show they would play during afterschool of my elementary school - this was somewhere between 1989-1994. i loved it at the time and its been bugging me for years to the point where i have dreams about discovering the title. I have looked through the wikipedia of animated titles from the era but to no avail. From the haze of my childhood memory, all i can give is this:

The show seemed to take place in a computer/digital world, where everything was computer chips and mainframes possibly even the characters where digitalized in some way. I vaguely remember they could fly(?) either by some digital power or vehicle. There might have been lasers of some kind of digital weaponry, but the plot is lost in the murk. That's all I have, but i'm hoping its such a unique setting somewhere can point me in the right direction.

Maybe a shot in the dark, since this thread seems kind of inactive, but here goes:

I remember an animated tv show they would play during afterschool of my elementary school - this was somewhere between 1989-1994. i loved it at the time and its been bugging me for years to the point where i have dreams about discovering the title. I have looked through the wikipedia of animated titles from the era but to no avail. From the haze of my childhood memory, all i can give is this:

The show seemed to take place in a computer/digital world, where everything was computer chips and mainframes possibly even the characters where digitalized in some way. I vaguely remember they could fly(?) either by some digital power or vehicle. There might have been lasers of some kind of digital weaponry, but the plot is lost in the murk. That's all I have, but i'm hoping its such a unique setting somewhere can point me in the right direction.

I knew it as a Saturday morning cartoon but that sounds an awful lot like ReBoot to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot

Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEJWmxWkKw

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Thanks for the reply, but its not ReBoot. Reboot was awesome though. this show had 2d animation and came out a few years before ReBoot. it could even be late 80s for all I know..

Kinokou

Probably pre 1995, an animated show/movie with a baby left alone in his cradle when the parents goes out. The baby proceeds to smoke cigars and playing poker/cards. I don't think that it's the baby from Roger Rabbit, as I remember it as completely animated. Maybe it rings a bell for someone?

Bringing this back, it was on TCC The Childrens Chanel in Scandinavia, but now I'm stumped again.

Bringing this back, it was on TCC The Childrens Chanel in Scandinavia, but now I'm stumped again.

Could it be an old Bugs Bunny Loony Tune? I remember there being a baby on those that smoked a cigar .. usually in the form of a gangster that sorta looked like Edwin G Robinson.

Top Bottom