• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am literally having a second thoughts about buying PS5 if UI is this ugly

BlackM1st

Banned
All I need is a custom wallpaper support. Can't say that I care about anything else. I spend like 5 seconds in the menu before I start the game.

sainraja

People generally like to crap on Nintendo but I agree with you on the switch. The UI is very basic but it never feels bogged down except when you are in the store then it is terrible.

The Switch UI is very similar to the PS4 UI (has horizontal scrolling list, separate main library - Sony's added more things since first launch but for the most part the Switch UI and PS4 UI are very similar to each other). The only thing that is different is the UI styling - Nintendo went with flat UI (flat shapes, flat colors meaning no gradients etc) vs Sony who didn't go flat, they're using translucency/gradients etc.

I think PS5's will be similar to the UI of the PS5 with some enhancements. Some people here sure like to over-react on things. Look and feel while important will not over rule if the UI is easy and straightforward to use.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
The one thing I really think Sony need to fix with their UI is just making your entire library a couple of clicks away wherever you are. It's ridiculously unintuitive the way it is.

I've been doing some serious thinking about the PS5 and the UI. During that time I kicked a can, skipped some rocks, talked to strangers, took candy from said strangers, had some quiet time in the woods, gave someone a front wedgie, took a stroll through a dark alley, pocket dialed people for fun, gave kids bad advice, had a drive by argument, left an IOU in a donation box, picked up a hitch hiker, gave strangers a soggy handshake, taught a ghost to break dance
way, and had some black-guy thinking time. I've come to the conclusion that I cannot in good conscience get a PS5 when the UI is so butt ugly. Sure you only spend like a minute looking at the UI, but that is a minute too long. You broke my heart Sony.

Saber

Gold Member
Such a dumb take that I'm not sure if this is serious or not.

So you are willing to spend a good bunch of a money on a video-game and your concern is about the UI?

Maybe you shouldn't buy video-games at all.

Kumomeme

UI no need to be pretty or flashy. what important is its working, easier to read/understand, user friendly, easier to navigate and doesnt lack of features. thats why, current modern trend is simple is better.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's ok.
The only UI I will ever miss are 360 blades.... God the blades... Sweet nostalgic blades

Last edited:
Top Bottom