• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am literally having a second thoughts about buying PS5 if UI is this ugly

Talk about being petty.

Some not buying a PS5 because of its appearance and now because they don't like the look of its UI.

The UI isn't gonna be worse than the PS4 which was adequate.

Remember a time when we played on consoles with no UI, No Online gaming, No Party chat and having to save on Memory cards.

No complaints ever.

cormack12

Gold Member
Literally.

tenor.gif

I agree that the ui isnt the end all be all and it doesn’t necessarily have to have a good one to be a good console but to say it doesnt matter is silly. Its literally how we interact with the machine its entire life cycle and ps4 was absolutely sluggish and clunky. So i get the disappointment of not having a new revamped one for ps5 if this leak is true. I have all platforms including pc so theres no bias here but xbox’s ui for example is so much quicker and cleaner and much more pleasant to use(id much rather it have good exclusives but hey). I wont use pc as an example because it’s obviously always gonna be superior to a console ui. But anyways inviting someone to a party on ps is so fxcking slow lol nice little loading time once u click on their profile then when you click the party inv button it loads again. Its instantaneous on xbox and pc. And the ps store is a disaster. An absolute disaster. You can type in exactly what youre looking for and it wont pop up and its the slowest crapshow ever. Absolute sluggish experience. But hey demon souls !!

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

wvnative

Uh, I had no idea people even cared about UI’s

It shouldn't be an issue but the Xbox One OS is a major deterrent for me. Everything just seems harder than it is to do on PS4 and its buggy as shit.

I agree nobody should care if the UI functions well and is fast though.

DESTROYA

I agree that the ui isnt the end all be all and it doesn’t necessarily have to have a good one to be a good console but to say it doesnt matter is silly. Its literally how we interact with the machine its entire life cycle and ps4 was absolutely sluggish and clunky. So i get the disappointment of not having a new revamped one for ps5 if this leak is true. I have all platforms including pc so theres no bias here but xbox’s ui for example is so much quicker and cleaner and much more pleasant to use(id much rather it have good exclusives but hey). I wont use pc as an example because it’s obviously always gonna be superior to a console ui. But anyways inviting someone to a party on ps is so fxcking slow lol nice little loading time once u click on their profile then when you click the party inv button it loads again. Its instantaneous on xbox and pc. And the ps store is a disaster. An absolute disaster. You can type in exactly what youre looking for and it wont pop up and its the slowest crapshow ever. Absolute sluggish experience. But hey demon souls !!
OP never stated anything about sluggish or clunky just that it’s ugly and doesn’t want to buy it because it’s not up to his UI standards . 🤷‍♂️

I mean, I’ve been around a while I guess. Thru a few new console releases - but I don’t remember people getting THIS ridiculous in the past. The gamepass thread, this, the size stuff - I’m legitimately concerned for people’s mental states right now. Is this a Covid thing?

dEvAnGeL

Sorry, after 7 years, you can’t offer me something that is (far) uglier than what we currently have. I’ll not accept it. It also screams last gen, not next one. Yea, you can call me superficial but I just don’t like ugly stuff.
a3DpyLZ.png

UNR6OzR.png
You have 20 min to draw and present to us the UI you want that "screams" next gen, Go.

If you come up with nothing than STFU.

I'm nobody

I buy consoles for games and windows Chrome or android for browsing internet and TV for movies

UI not upto my standards on any of these devices but I use em all

Zog

Banned
I really don't care about the UI but Sony must have known that some people wouldn't like it and that may be why they weren't quick to show it. Honestly, most console UI's are merely usable and nothing more but that's all I need from them.

Some people care about a great UI in the same way that I care about clean font.

kretos

Banned
I agree and i'm with you dawg, after all i'm not buying the console to play games but to stare at the UI

Wait, what’s the issue with the UI exactly? If looks similar to the UIs of the previous two ps gens, assuming this is legit.

Could someone who doesn’t like it, provide some critiques and how you would improve it?

decisions

Looks fine to me, not as nice as Apple’s stuff but more in-line with the PS3’s UI aesthetic, which was nicer than PS4’s IMO.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
archaic UI, looks like something early hominids would paint on cave walls

Last edited by a moderator:
q7vV03m.gif

You can tell xbox fanboys have nothing better else to do than. When only the can rely on the PS5's UI to keep concern trolling up! And no OP nobody is talking about you. We all know the usual suspects are here 🤣

Esca

If you aren't going to buy a console over its ui then you weren't serious about it to start with

Personally I don't see any issue with it. Looks like a mix of ps3 and ps4. Assuming it's real

avalonzero

If a UI was going to be a factor in whether or not I buy a console, I think Xbox and the constant practice of having Ads blasted in your face on every page would bother me much more than what it aesthetically looks like.

Top Bottom