• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am literally having a second thoughts about buying PS5 if UI is this ugly

Sorry, after 7 years, you can’t offer me something that is (far) uglier than what we currently have. I’ll not accept it. It also screams last gen, not next one. Yea, you can call me superficial but I just don’t like ugly stuff.
a3DpyLZ.png

UNR6OzR.png

Last edited:

Concern

Idc about the ui tbh. Im disappointed with the storage and size of the thing. I may just sell someone my preorder and wait on a pro or slim with 2tb.

Not like im missing out on anything at launch besides Demon Souls. Everything else is coming to the Ps4. Even then I wouldn't be surprised if Demon Souls is too and they're just withholding that to get Ps5s sold.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Remember Vita? That was some Vietnamese console level shit UI and device itself was amazin'.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I wouldn't worry, themes will prob save it if you don't like the default look. Sony has always done a dam good job with the themes.

If THAT is enough to turn your off a PS5 then you probably didn't want one very badly anyway.
No, not badly but I’m a sucker for nice UI, generally speaking, in all tech products. How can this ugliness pass in 2020 is beyond me (let’s hope and pray it’s fake...but doubt it).

wipeout364

I could get behind Sony’s UI if it was responsive and fast but it’s so minimalist yet still runs terrible.

I mean I am not saying Xbox UI runs well but it full of stuff on the screen and actually has a ton of cool features way beyond Sony’s. Almost all Sony products I have bought have crappy UI it’s like their signature move.

The vita and psp seemed to work pretty well if I remember correctly, but it’s probably just nostalgia it’s been so long since I fired one of them up.

Spaceman292

Banned
No, not badly but I’m a sucker for nice UI, generally speaking, in all tech products. How can this ugliness pass in 2020 is beyond me (let’s hope and pray it’s fake...but doubt it).
Well it's a blurry sideways screenshot taken by some random nobody so it seems totally legit.

Anyway, aren't you more interested in the games rather than the visual look of the settings menu?

MrS

Banned
many people buy them as their primary multimedia device. UI is one of the most important factors, seems odd to downplay it.
Save yourself $400 and buy an Amazon fire stick if you want a multimedia device. I don't even buy this shit as we live in the era of smart tvs where every app you need is built in to your tv. PS5 is video game console 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th before it's anything else.

Last edited:
No offense but being on this forum I realize how some gamers can be so petty and dramatic... Well not just this forum but in general.
There is small SSD size, there are 70$/80€ games, there are cross-save feature problems. All legitimate concerns.

My weak spot is UI, that’s it.

The vita and psp seemed to work pretty well if I remember correctly, but it’s probably just nostalgia it’s been so long since I fired one of them up.

I may be misremembering, but wasn’t the Vita those fucking bubbles? That was truly horrendous. I still have one, might charge it up to reminisce lol. Always hated Sony’s UI work... No one really gets this right IMO - current gen rank for me is Switch, Xbox, PS4 in that order.

Top Bottom