• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am Happy with all the Delays - Here is why

While it does suck for some people to see games being delayed that they really wanted to play, but for me personally there are so many games to play already anyways that it gives me the time to savor the experiences.

Right now on my Xbox Series X I am playing the following

Master Chief Collection (Shooting for 100% achievements, just completed Halo Reach LASO, working on Halo CE now)
Serious Sam HD Collection (Shooting for 100% achievements) - already finished the 1st game on Serious Difficulty
Quake 1 Remastered (Shooting for 100% achievements) - beat the 1st Quake episode on Nightmare working on next
Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Shooting for 100% achievements) - over halfway already, just need to level up some more classes and do Insane difficulty and I am done
Psychonauts 2 (Shooting for 100% achievements) - already at 595/1000 Gamerscore will come back to it soon
Resident Evil Village (Shooting for 100% achievements) - beat the game, currently at 360/1000 I will come back to this probably in 2022, I want to start from the 1st RE and then finish it off.
The Ascent (Shooting for 100% achievements) - easy game, wanted to play with friend but the PC optimization is horrendous and cross-play is buggy as hell, waiting for a fix
Outriders (Shooting for 100% achievements) very easy, already 335/1000 but I am strictly playing when my friend gets on, otherwise it would have been finished. He is a police officer so we do not get to game a lot.

Games I've finished already at 100%

Dodgeball Academia
12 Minutes
Biomutant (Despite me hating this game, I am OCD so I had to see the 100% bar)

On my PlayStation 5

Demon's Souls (Shooting for Platinum) - Will play in December, I beat the game, but not in mood for 100% yet.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (Shooting for Platinum - Got halfway and stopped will play during a dry spell
Returnal (Shooting for Platinum) close to the end, fantastic game
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Shooting for Platinum for all 3) might also double dip on the Xbox Series X as well at some point I love this series so much. This copy was provided by EA so I didn't have time to mess with trophies

Some of you may wonder how I manage so many games, usually for me is that I play each one 1 or 2 hours a day and thankfully I work from home so I game in between and depending on my mood I play what I want. Sometimes I laser focus the games, other times I like to swap them around even on hourly basis. There is plenty of things for me to do and play and I am in no rush to play Halo Infinite, Battlefield 2042, Horizon Forbidden West or any other games. Right now gaming is great for me!

What are you doing to cope with delays?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I like focusing only on one or two games t the same time. If I played that many games at once I would go crazy. ^^u

About coping with delays... I recently set up a retro space with a CRT TV and some retro consoles, while also going through my backlog on PC, PS4 and Switch.

There are just too many games, if someone is going though a gaming drought it's just because they want to.

bender

What time is it?
As long as you are happy...no wait...

futurama-bender.gif

MiguelItUp

There's just plenty of other things to play. I respect folks that can juggle so many games at once, but I just can't do that. I can do 2-4 at a time. Even then, it depends on what kind of games they are. Multiplayer games seem a lot easier to juggle for me as opposed to single player experiences.

im coping by now being able to play BF2042 around launch on thanksgiving holiday rather than feeling FOMO
Oh shit, I didn't even think about that. I'll be on vacation and can play my heart out, haha.

YukiOnna

Since I play some service/online/mobile games I'm okay with delays as long as it's not too long, it just gives me time to start a single player game from the backlog. I always have something to do.

sircaw

Banned
While it does suck for some people to see games being delayed that they really wanted to play, but for me personally there are so many games to play already anyways that it gives me the time to savor the experiences.

Right now on my Xbox Series X I am playing the following

Master Chief Collection (Shooting for 100% achievements, just completed Halo Reach LASO, working on Halo CE now)
Serious Sam HD Collection (Shooting for 100% achievements) - already finished the 1st game on Serious Difficulty
Quake 1 Remastered (Shooting for 100% achievements) - beat the 1st Quake episode on Nightmare working on next
Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Shooting for 100% achievements) - over halfway already, just need to level up some more classes and do Insane difficulty and I am done
Psychonauts 2 (Shooting for 100% achievements) - already at 595/1000 Gamerscore will come back to it soon
Resident Evil Village (Shooting for 100% achievements) - beat the game, currently at 360/1000 I will come back to this probably in 2022, I want to start from the 1st RE and then finish it off.
The Ascent (Shooting for 100% achievements) - easy game, wanted to play with friend but the PC optimization is horrendous and cross-play is buggy as hell, waiting for a fix
Outriders (Shooting for 100% achievements) very easy, already 335/1000 but I am strictly playing when my friend gets on, otherwise it would have been finished. He is a police officer so we do not get to game a lot.

Games I've finished already at 100%

Dodgeball Academia
12 Minutes
Biomutant (Despite me hating this game, I am OCD so I had to see the 100% bar)

On my PlayStation 5

Demon's Souls (Shooting for Platinum) - Will play in December, I beat the game, but not in mood for 100% yet.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (Shooting for Platinum - Got halfway and stopped will play during a dry spell
Returnal (Shooting for Platinum) close to the end, fantastic game
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Shooting for Platinum for all 3) might also double dip on the Xbox Series X as well at some point I love this series so much. This copy was provided by EA so I didn't have time to mess with trophies

Some of you may wonder how I manage so many games, usually for me is that I play each one 1 or 2 hours a day and thankfully I work from home so I game in between and depending on my mood I play what I want. Sometimes I laser focus the games, other times I like to swap them around even on hourly basis. There is plenty of things for me to do and play and I am in no rush to play Halo Infinite, Battlefield 2042, Horizon Forbidden West or any other games. Right now gaming is great for me!

What are you doing to cope with delays?
If Diablo2 res gets delayed, i am coming for you. "lollipop_disappointed:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With game development grinding to a halt in 2020, anticipated titles like Battlefield 2042, GhostWire: Tokyo, God of War: Ragnarok, and several more have all been delayed. Here's our list even more games that have been delayed in 2021.

Game development for most of 2020 came to a screeching halt with the wake of the global pandemic. Even into 2021, the wave of delayed games grew by the day, with developers transitioning to their work-from-home environments. As companies continue to regain their momentum, some delays were only temporarily, while some have yet to receive updates.

Richie Bracamonte is here to break down the laundry list of titles that have been delayed in 2021. Games from just about every category are present from the Warhammer series to more recent entries like Battlefield 2024. Titles that were announced in 2021 that were set for a 2022 release (Diablo 4, Overwatch 2) will not be mentioned on this list.

All of these delays are of course subject to change. As the world continues to adjust from new workspaces, only time will tell if these dates will stick.

Introduction - 0:00
Battlefield 2042 - 0:32
Horizon Forbidden West - 0:58
Evil Dead: The Game - 01:25
God of War: Ragnarok - 01:46
Rocksmith + - 02:07
Total War: Warhammer 3 - 02:27
Lost Ark - 02:45
Nobody Saves the World - 03:10
Abandoned - 03:32
Lone Echo - 03:57
Life is Stange: Remastered Collection - 04:20