• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Fish - O-fish-al Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out 19 minutes of I Am Fish pre-release gameplay. We do a playthrough of two of the areas in this Bossa Studios game.

From Bossa Studios, the creators of I Am Bread, comes the new game I Am Fish. Control a variety of different forms of fish including piranhas and pufferfish as they escape from their glass prisons and use special skills to return to the wild. Traverse streams, cities, attics, and kitchens to find the release you crave every seven seconds when your memory resets.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I Am Fish, the upcoming physics-based action-adventure platformer game, arrives on Steam, Windows PC, Xbox, and Xbox Game Pass on September 16.

Check out the launch date trailer for another look at the game, where four fish friends will need to navigate numerous threats such as crossing roads, inconspicuously moving through a nightclub, navigating sewers filled with hypodermic needles, and avoiding hungry wildlife, on their way to the ocean.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I Am Fish reviewed by Travis Northup on Xbox Series X. Also available on Xbox One and PC.

I Am Fish is wacky, hilarious, and sometimes agonizing, but still well worth the time for those with a stomach for it. Its intentionally maddening controls and platforming are gimmicks that sometimes overstay their welcome, especially when bad checkpointing and cheap deaths undo all your progress, but most of the time it does a good job at balancing difficulty and rewarding persistence. Even after hundreds of humbling deaths, its lasting charm stuck with the whole way through.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I had no idea this was even a thing somehow. Watched LIRIK play it for a few minutes and immediately left. Buying this ASAP, looks like some dumb fun!

Game has a bug on series x that prevents you from even starting it. Press any key to start. Nope it dont work.
Google solituon is to completely restart series x and it works. But if you wanna play again later your rebooting again.

I got as far as my patients could stand. This game is all about tedious studious carful feather touch with the controls. The fish in a cylinder jar broke my will to continue. I get how to steer but my gosh I just dont have the will power to go on. I cant rate this game because it clearly not for me. Maybe if friends were over and you can laugh at them trying their best and failing.

Castef

Banned
Downloaded from Game Pass.
Seen the (long) introduction.
Discovered that there is no option to invert the Y axis of the camera.
Uninstalled.

Downloaded from Game Pass.
Seen the (long) introduction.
Discovered that there is no option to invert the Y axis of the camera.
Uninstalled.

That shit annoys me.

Up until the PS2 Generation camera controls were always inverted by default, ( see N64)

I can't change those years of programming. ( I also don't understand how people can play battlefield say, and when on the gorund have the right stick be the opposite Y-Axis controls from being in a helicopter/plane)

Thankfully with the Elite controller I've programmed a profile to invert the Y-Axis when needed, the first Lego Marvel game comes to mind.

Last edited:
I'm trying to think about the physics of a fish swimming in a globe-shaped bowl and that translating to angular rotation of the bowl to allow for locomotion....

I'm not sure it would work like that in reality?

Surely, the fish would have to impart some force directly on the walls of the bowl, or at least swim against the wall in such a way that the reaction force from the moving fluid surface tension rotates the bowl....?

Last edited:
Surely, the fish would have to impart some force directly on the walls of the bowl, or at least swim against the wall in such a way that the reaction force from the moving fluid surface tension rotates the bowl....?
I think the fish would have to swim facing away from the direction of travel. Swiming would push the water up the ball and that would roll it forward.

I think the fish would have to swim facing away from the direction of travel. Swiming would push the water up the ball and that would roll it forward.

Yes, and the fish would have to be close to the wall of the ball facing in the direction opposite the direction of travel to induce the vortices required to actually move the ball.

It would be extremely inefficient for the fish though, because of the amount of fluidic slip of the fluid surface against the inside surface of the ball. Kindly like trying to run on wet ice.

Top Bottom