• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m loving Halo Infinite multiplayer right now but…

RPS37

It seems like it’s killing My series x!
Lately I’ve been having tons of graphical glitches like flickering and random color blotches showing up on the screen.
I’m pretty sure I can recreate it on command if I’m in the lobby/armor hall and open the guide and look at my friends list.
Infinite is the only game I have that has ever done this.

Do you think it’s a Halo problem or an Xbox problem?
This happen to anyone else?
Want to see a video?

Gobjuduck

Banned
Lately I’ve been having tons of graphical glitches like flickering and random color blotches showing up on the screen.
Im having them too, game also crashes if I customize my spartan too long.

Something is up with this build

Reinstalled Infinite and cannot find local Aussie games at all, despite the estimated wait saying 44 seconds. Tried quick play and BTB, no joy.

Switched to expanded and found a 196ms USA game in a minute but man what are these BTB settings. Control again, fiesta weapons again and really just shit that breaks or dilutes Halo e.g. a sniper with 10 shots in the barrel but fuck all damage and a reticule the size of a barn door.

Map is cool, cutscene was better than all of Infinite's campaign and wouldn't know how the new bandit gun handles as I didn't randomly start with one in a whole BTB match, nor find one.

Not loving it after 4 searches and one played game in. Save me Hoberman.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Haven’t experienced any graphical issues personally. But if it’s only happening with Halo I’d definitely assume it’s the game that’s the problem not the console.

Shut0wen

I’m pretty sure I can recreate it on command if I’m in the lobby/armor hall and open the guide and look at my friends list.
Infinite is the only game I have that has ever done this.

Do you think it’s a Halo problem or an Xbox problem?
This happen to anyone else?
Want to see a video?
Ive also had flickering on halo, ive noticed it seems to happen one forge made maps though

yamaci17

Reinstalled Infinite and cannot find local Aussie games at all, despite the estimated wait saying 44 seconds. Tried quick play and BTB, no joy.

Switched to expanded and found a 196ms USA game in a minute but man what are these BTB settings. Control again, fiesta weapons again and really just shit that breaks or dilutes Halo e.g. a sniper with 10 shots in the barrel but fuck all damage and a reticule the size of a barn door.

Map is cool, cutscene was better than all of Infinite's campaign and wouldn't know how the new bandit gun handles as I didn't randomly start with one in a whole BTB match, nor find one.

Not loving it after 4 searches and one played game in. Save me Hoberman.
halo practically ded on pc + eu + au

i've given up despite liking the core gameplay. i'd like to play more but playerbase simply isnt there

Sybrix

I dont think it your Xbox, im playing on PC and having the same issues.

Also massive FPS drops for a second then back up.

Very buggy update, hopefully a new patch will be out soon to fix.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
halo practically ded on pc + eu + au

i've given up despite liking the core gameplay. i'd like to play more but playerbase simply isnt there

It's funny that the stereotype of "yanks only play shooters" is essentially what's keeping many games like Halo Infinite alive.

I came back to try wolf but gave up after realising it was still garbage, the playerbase is even smaller on PC now so it's pointless to try, they don't give two shits about big team battle that's for sure.

BlackTron

The new update introduced all kinds of weird stuff. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed the worse physics and collision detection. I'm getting ready for every update to add one thing and mess up something else. This is Halo lol.

Infinite never seemed like the most efficient piece of software, and in the past I cooked my poor Radeon 9800XT playing Halo CE nonstop...so part of the function of the series X is as a beater console to play this game and keep it away from my PC. Not that I worry anything specific will happen, just choosing to put the miles on the old jeep instead of the new lexus because this game is rocky terrain and gets played daily. Besides it's Halo, mascot character and all that lol.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Is my GPU borked or is this game just hella unstable?

It's the TV and Xbox doing something weird with HDR mode switching. I suspect it's because the game is HDR and the menu overlay isn't and that's causing some kind of panic.

I occasionally get pink/green highlights when I quit to dashboard and also thought my Xbox was in trouble, but if you start HDR content (go back to a game) it immediately fixes it.

So just a glitch.

Last edited:

RPS37

It's the TV and Xbox doing something weird with HDR mode switching. I suspect it's because the game is HDR and the menu overlay isn't and that's causing some kind of panic.

I occasionally get pink/green highlights when I quit to dashboard and also thought my Xbox was in trouble, but if you start HDR content (go back to a game) it immediately fixes it.

So just a glitch.

That makes sense.
Color blotches is a failing gpu.
Ugh….

TheShocker

Is my GPU borked or is this game just hella unstable?

Handshake issue when sending signals. I’d look at trying a new hdmi cable. I recently had that same issue on my LG C2 when going from HDR to non HDR content. To include a loss of signal. Got a new hdmi 2.1 cable and issue went away instantly.

RPS37

Handshake issue when sending signals. I’d look at trying a new hdmi cable. I recently had that same issue on my LG C2 when going from HDR to non HDR content. To include a loss of signal. Got a new hdmi 2.1 cable and issue went away instantly.
Interesting. I’m on a C2 as well. I think I have a spare HDMI cable too,..I’ll be back.

You might also try adjusting your TV settings. Sometimes things like HDR or game modes are on "auto", you may try manually selecting on or off for each feature so it's locked and good to go. I find auto on game mode on my Samsung has some weird things like this. Altered inputs to fixed selections and boom problems gone.

BlackTron

So many weird glitches now, like my character cloaking for a few seconds after death, or being unable to land stuck in the falling animation especially in warthogs. Also after death getting stuck to surfaces with strange interactions with the ragdoll physics and no mind paid to gravity. These issues weren't in the game before...

RPS37

Switching out the hdmi cable doesn’t seem to have fixed it.
Could it be a problem with my tv settings on my Xbox? (I’m on a C2)

I‘m on 12 bit color depth, but should I be on one of the other 2?

I don’t want to send in my Xbox just cuz 343 doesn’t know how to program a game.

Last edited:

TheShocker

Switching out the hdmi cable doesn’t seem to have fixed it.
Could it be a problem with my tv settings on my Xbox? (I’m on a C2)

I‘m on 12 bit color depth, but should I be on one of the other 2?

I don’t want to send in my Xbox just cuz 343 doesn’t know how to program a game.
Try another HDMI port?

And I’d do 10-but color and recommended color space.

What are your other video setting on Xbox and TV? Another thing to consider is that Halo Infinite is a mess of a game. 343 isn’t bouncing back from this one. Do other games have these same issues?

BlackTron

This is how I’m operating, but every time they release a patch nothing improves.

Yeah, every time I get a 3GB update, I hope that .1GB was dedicated to fixing the forever falling animation glitch. It's like overall things are better at 343, but ONE of the firings was a mistake, the guy who set this up and knows how to fix it is gone now, LOL

Top Bottom