• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity shipments+digital has exceeded 3 million units in 5 days.

KingT731

Yes I got your point, that's why I said that the top sellers being Nintendo games doesn't mean anything for third party games. I thought you were talking about sales and saying it was lack of third party games that made the Witcher do well so apologies for that misunderstanding.

I class March 2017- February 2018 as the first year, so the fifth year will be March 2021 to February 2022. Based on the known line-up I'm expecting it to be the best third party year both quality wise and sales wise. Nintendo has said the Switch has just entered the middle of its life so I'm not expecting a successor until holiday 2023 at the earliest. Why do you think it will come earlier?
You miss the point here. Even the 3rd party games are published by Nintendo with the exception of I think 3 or 4.

Simply due to tech availability and Nintendo's general release schedule. They usually go with a 5 year cycle and unless they truly are going to milk the Switch dry I'd expect something in 2022.

GeorgPrime

Banned
They're one of the Japanese companies that didn't ignore Nintendo Switch big userbase and succeeded with their business decision.

-Hyrule Warriors deluxe edition
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Fire Emblem 3 Houses
-Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
-Marvel ultimate alliance 3
-Atelier stuff and other games.

Square Enix, on the other hand .....

I hope they work on a new fire emblem 3 houses for Nintendo

Woopah

You miss the point here. Even the 3rd party games are published by Nintendo with the exception of I think 3 or 4.

Simply due to tech availability and Nintendo's general release schedule. They usually go with a 5 year cycle and unless they truly are going to milk the Switch dry I'd expect something in 2022.
They are way more than 3-4 quality games on Switch not published by Nintendo.

The Switch is Nintendo's most successful system since the DS and that lasted around 6.5 years, so I think Switch will last just as long if not longer. For every past handheld Nintendo had a console launch to focus on halfway through its lifecycle, not so with the Switch.

cabbage5k2

You missed the point then you went off on a rant. Take a deep breath a read closely.

I'm not saying those remakes/ports/remasters are not good. Many are. I am saying there are lots of Nintendo fans who are thirsty for something brand new. Something they've not already played before. No need to get all salty over facts.

This isn't the WiiU, Switch owners actually have a lot to play beyond Nintendo's own offerings, even in a leaner year such as this.

Bodomism

Banned
This was possible because they were reusing assets from almost back on the PS2.

Do you mind linking me to this? I was just going by what Capcom said publicly. They also said Rise would be more "Pick up & play" which I took to mean more of a casual experience(Everything they have shown has pointed towards the game being quicker). I definitely could see it being a big hit due to that reason alone.

Of course MH6 (World 2) will come eventually. Might take a while since they have to move the game off of the terrible(IMO) MT Framework engine to the new Re Engine (like Rise). Capcom also needs to be aware of series fatigue.
Here is the list from Ree, I got MHS2 sales projection number incorrectly.

MHS2: 1.055M
DGS12: 300k
SHIELD: 2.817M
RE Outrage: 4.905M
REGOLITH: 2.207M
"Indie 2": 689k
"Indie 2" port: 624k
Dragon's Dogma 2: 4.798M
SF6: 3.845M
Rockman Match: 1.989M
RE4 Remake: 5.335M
Onimusha New Work: 4.774M