• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Announced (releases November 20th)

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Refreshed before I clicked "New Thread". Should have known that you can't beat Jooxed Jooxed

This came out of nowhere. Really cool. Definitely up for more Hyrule Warriors. Surprised this isn't a Zelda 35th announcement.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Out of nowhere. Never played the first one but this looks cool.

Ulysses 31

I liked the first Hyrule Warriors, but it lacked story for me. This seems to be a Warriors game with enough interesting story. I'm in.
I thought it was rather original that you got to kick Link and Zelda's ass as Ganon in the story. 👀

Wonder it they bring back Lana & Cia
iu

iu

Astral Dog

Interesting, i loved Hyrule Warriors but thought their Fire Emblem game was kind of shitty (the art was unappealing and characters not as fun) was hoping for a sequel but im gonna miss Hyrule Warriors Link with the scarf 🥺
images

This is going to be fun

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
For anyone too lazy to watch the video or read up on this:

This game will allow you to play through/experience the large scale battles that take place between the Hyrule kingdom (along with the Champions, presumably divine beasts) and Calamity Ganon (along with all the monsters, ghouls and Guardians), 100 years before the events of Breath of the Wild.

I haven't even completed BOTW yet but this looks awesome.

Codes 208

This isn’t the sequel(?) I was expecting, but hell I’ll happily take it
I thought it was rather original that you got to kick Link and Zelda's ass as Ganon in the story. 👀

Wonder it they bring back Lana & Cia
It’s a direct prequel to BotW so I would assume not.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Okay, this is an absolutely fantastic setting, and suddenly I'm interested in an HW sequel (the first game more than satiated me).

Zelda always has these background stories that were 100 years ago, or at the dawn of time, and are the coolest thing, but wouldn't fit a regular Zelda game. It could (a little worried about Tecmo Koei going too far over the top with the wacky fan service) be so awesome to have one in a game.

iconmaster

Banned
Aonuma: "This game takes place 100 years before the events of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild."

Also Aonuma:

"In books like the recently released The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia, we revealed where each Zelda game fell on a timeline and how their stories related, but we didn't do that for Breath of the Wild. There is a reason for that. With this game, we saw just how many players were playing in their own way and had those reactions I just mentioned.

"We realised that people were enjoying imagining the story that emerged from the fragmentary imagery we were providing. If we defined a restricted timeline, then there would be a definitive story, and it would eliminate the room for imagination, which wouldn't be as fun."

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah definitely getting to this.

Not looking forward to the gobs of DLC that I'll have to buy though.

Illo

This video drops literally 5 minutes after rewatching the MattPatt video on the Hyrule Warriors place before Breath of the Wild in the Zelda Timeline despite Nintendo claiming it isn't.

What are the odds.

ExpandKong

Banned
Out of fucking nowhere

Great idea for a setting. Wonder what they've got in store next year for the 35th if they're not holding onto this for then.

nordique

F yes!!!!!

really enjoyed the first one

this one looks more story focused

also, Nov 20, 2020???

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Wow, it looks amazing. Tecmo Koei actually taking the darker tone and Zelda feel seriously, versus the (lovable) goofy fan service that was Hyrule Warriors.

I can't believe BotW has turned into a trilogy, in the best way possible.

LarknThe4th

This is looking far more indept than a regular Musou game, they are making an addition to the Zelda canon and are using the exact art style of BOTW!

Nintendo must have been very happy with the originals sails to go this far with the sequel

IronLich

This is something I didn't think I'd be waking up to. Another Hyrule Warriors game... definitely not on that list.

(now make a Fire Emblem Warriors 2.)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Seems like Nintendo is more involved and it shows with how much closer to Zelda it looks, even if it's still decidely Musou/Warriors style in gameplay. Could it be using the BOTW engine instead of Koei's?

Last edited:

GamesAreFun

Banned
For a second I thought this was Breath of the Wild 2.

Zero interest, played Hyrule Warriors on Wii U and thought it was terrible, the Musou gameplay isn't for me.

Top Bottom