• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HYPERVIOLENT - Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the trailer for HYPERVIOLENT, the upcoming brutal fast-paced retro FPS paying homage to sprite-based shooters from the '90s.

Unravel the secret behind a mysterious contagion using a thrilling fusion of RPG and FPS mechanics, from upgrading weapons to investigating data logs. Obliterate up to 30 friends in deathmatch, team deathmatch, survival, or play the campaign in four-player co-op when HYPERVIOLENT launches on Steam in Q1 2022.

The mech UI/descent-esque mixed with FPS was kinda cool but I'd rather just play OG DOOM or Wolfenstein. My kids recently got into OG DOOM and it was interesting to see them tackle the levels and working things out. It actually took some cognitive thinking and memorisation with a little trial and error when exploring too. Still brilliant designs. I cannot say I saw much of that in this trailer.

Apocryphon

Yay. Another retro shooter. 👎
From a developer you've never even heard of. What exactly would you rather have had from Terminist Arcade.. a studio you didn't even know existed..?

That this game looks dull is beside the point. The retro FPS genre has provided some of the best videogame experiences in recent years and there are plenty of people who like them which is why the genre continues to persist.

But yeah, thanks for your valuable contribution 😂

Banned
anyone who wants to dabble in retro shooters should just play Ion Fury (preferably on PC).
imo Ion Fury might be the best Build Engine game ever made. Great artstyle, amazing leveldesign, fun weapons, great use of Voxels... it's the full package imo

this right here looks kinda boring tbh. but I might try the demo

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

HYPERVIOLENT, the old-school sci-fi horror FPS oozing with atmosphere will grab hold of all shooter fans on April 6, 2023, when it launches in Early Access on PC via Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store and other digital stores.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
anyone who wants to dabble in retro shooters should just play Ion Fury (preferably on PC).
imo Ion Fury might be the best Build Engine game ever made. Great artstyle, amazing leveldesign, fun weapons, great use of Voxels... it's the full package imo

this right here looks kinda boring tbh. but I might try the demo
I thought the gameplay was pretty shit tbh. Prodeus is a much better game IMO

Top Bottom