• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Scape // Season 1: The First Principle

Tesseract

Banned

NewChampions_promo.png

ieO5Iw9.png

WELCOME TO NEO ARCADIA

Fight your way through the unique districts of Neo Arcadia, a virtual city featuring imposing landmarks that bring verticality to the next level. Engage in high-stakes combat as you explore its streets, interiors, and rooftops.

Summary

Hyper Scape is an urban futuristic free-to-play Battle Royale where Contenders engage high and low in close-quarters, fast-paced FPS battles.

Description

Hyper Scape features an arsenal of futuristic Weapons, Contenders will be able to use Hacks a set of lootable abilities that can be found in the city, these abilities can create powerful options for different playstyles.

From laying down Mines that seek out your enemies, to using Invisibility for a stealthy approach, or even to propel yourself into the air before crashing down on your opponent with Slam. Hacks will not only change how you play, but give you the edge you need to take out the competition.

All the while, the AI Game Master will play global event cards during the match affecting players with a slew of buffs. Meanwhile, the map itself, Neo-Arcadia, will succumb to the Decay as it deletes entire districts. All this chaos fuels the heart-pumping action of Crown Rush as you decide to go for the Crown or eliminate all opposition to get the victory.

Welcome to Hyper Scape where anything is possible.

Key Features

• 100% Urban Battle Royale: Explore Neo Arcadia's streets and rooftops for intense firefights, cat-and-mouse chases, and unprecedented verticality.
  • Loot Your Abilities: Solo or in a squad, in the streets or on rooftops, loot unique weapons and rule-bending Hacks to define your playstyle.
  • A Shifting Battleground: Escape the Decay that dissolves city districts. Adapt to random game-changing effects. Fight to be the last one standing, or take the Crown and claim victory.
  • An Ever-Evolving Experience: A steady flow of customization options, new gameplay opportunities, and map changes keep the action fresh, season after season.
Background

It's 2054 and technology is everywhere. It helps people survive the day-to-day grind - from neural networks to cybernetic augmentations to burgeoning AIs - but for the bottom 90%, living is tough. Many work for megacorporations to survive - these are the lucky ones. There is only one way to rise to the top...one way to change your lot in life and achieve something better: win the Crown in an intense Battle Royale in the virtual world of Hyper Scape.

Champions connect to the Hyper Scape via a B-Link created by Prisma Dimensions. The Hyper Scape is a gateway to a fantastic future. A place to meet friends, express your identity, and of course, flex your skills in Crown Rush.

WCCFhyperscape1.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
game is a blast, can only echo what i've said before about it being an unholy mix of unreal tournament, dystopia, quake, prototype ...

check out the official site and youtube links if you want explicit details, i'll keep the reserved slot in stasis ...

Stuart360

Is this game like dead on arrival?. I have about 30 streamers i watch (most as background noise to be honest), and most of them play these kind of games, and i have yet to see one of them play this game. In fact i have yet to see any streamer play this game.
This seems really weird to me for a brand new BR game from a big publisher.

Last edited:

Life

Why does it have those 3D-ish colours - so offputting like there's something wrong with the screen. Did they fix the skills? They seemed broken/abusable during the beta.

Mr.ODST

Console version works pretty well tbh, better than my PC and looks decent on PS4 Pro (Not tried One X version yet) the ADS is way off though and is causing me most deaths

Life Life Yes the ball pickup is used a lot and looks like your playing Marbles on Stream

Last edited:

splattered

Downloaded this and also grabbed a couple Twitch Prime reward bundles... sounds promising via this thread.

Not worried about the battle pass, i think the Apex battle pass sucks too and never buy into it.

It just takes far too long to get into matches. First off, the game takes forever to even boot into the menues. And standing around on a rooftop for 5 mins waiting for the lobby to fill up... is no one playing this on Xbox or what?

Also, guns feel sort of crappy. No feedback at all.

Mr.ODST

It just takes far too long to get into matches. First off, the game takes forever to even boot into the menues. And standing around on a rooftop for 5 mins waiting for the lobby to fill up... is no one playing this on Xbox or what?

Also, guns feel sort of crappy. No feedback at all.

Unfortunatleyu without crossplay certain games have terrible player bases on Xbox, on PS4 its pretty instant full lobby tried the One X ver and I was waiting ages.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I just tried it and deleted it after a few games.

Battlepass is laughable, and even the free one is beyond bad for free.
Weapon selection is bad, lots of hacks are garbage, loading into a game takes too long, only about 4 tips in the loading screen and if you switch them too fast it breaks, weapons feel bad, the "HUB" is a glorified menu, switching to melee is dumb, TTK is ridiculous, map is bland (from the top view it looks like the copy pasted sections of AC games in the past)... I could go on but not worth it.

Only thing I thought was cool was instead of a closing circle, you get zones that close.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i like it, prolly my goty unless something better comes along (tony hawk halp)

maybe s06 of apex will save the day

Gamernyc78

Banned
Played few games, it's OK I guess (ps4). My son loves it. It just doesn't stand out for me. I'd give it 7/10. One thing thts OP is tht ball perk lol omg tht thing lasts long asf and ppl run to get the crown, go in ball and bounce around to the end 😂😂😂

Gamernyc78

Banned
What playing this did was have me imagine a tron like battle Royale game with a nice, beautiful, fleshed out neon world and not just tron cycles but ppl on foot as well.

Neolombax

Its different than other BR games, it feels faster. The gunplay feels good, battlepass looks kinda weak, the cosmetics are that enticing. Not much weapon variety, the city that you fight in after a while feels samey. Playing this game just confirms that I do not like BR games, at all.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Its different than other BR games, it feels faster. The gunplay feels good, battlepass looks kinda weak, the cosmetics are that enticing. Not much weapon variety, the city that you fight in after a while feels samey. Playing this game just confirms that I do not like BR games, at all.

It's borderline not a BR with how much they've deemphasized the BR aspects of the game. It feels much more arena shooter than Battle Royale.

Top Bottom