• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Ian 2022

I just booked a trip to Florida too. I'll be there in about 2 weeks. Should be a great time touring the wreckage. The ideal vacation really.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
I used to live there. I lived in Orland from 2008 to 2018. Not a huge fan, south so much better. Are you going to Disneyland?
We're going to see Meshuggah, and my brother's girlfriend has some family up there so he pushed for Florida. Doesn't seem like there's really a ton else to do besides the big parks, so I think we might go for a day just to see it. Which one is the best? I'm not that invested in Disney stuff, but it'll be something to do I guess.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I was hoping we might get through another year without a major hurricane tearing through the east coast. Alas.

One of my best friends from high school just bought a huge beautiful house in Orlando which is at risk of flooding in major weather events. Hit him up on Twitter to see if he's evacuating or not but haven't heard back yet - I assume he and his family are pretty busy right now.

We're going to see Meshuggah, and my brother's girlfriend has some family up there so he pushed for Florida. Doesn't seem like there's really a ton else to do besides the big parks, so I think we might go for a day just to see it. Which one is the best? I'm not that invested in Disney stuff, but it'll be something to do I guess.
It's not cheap, but if you like guns there's Machine Gun America on Hwy 192 where you can rent a large variety of full-auto firearms.

You have to buy their ammo though, and it gets eaten quick.

Ehh I am not a huge park guy to be honest. Epcot is probably your best bet. It has authentic restaurants and cool places to tour. Other ones are more for kids and stuff. As for the rides, I never cared, not a ride guy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Neighboring Orlando area (35ish minutes away)

Excited for the panic buying. Water, eggs, gas, cooter going fast.

Early dismissal today and no school at least Weds and Thurs fml

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
Kid’s school canceled until next week, sucks because they will have to add time at the end of the day now to make it up.

Storm is now tracking east of us, will see how that goes.

Vestal

Gold Member
Palm Harbor FL reporting! Stocked up on Food, water, beer and weed.. Almost done boarding up the house.

not in a flood/evac zone so we are staying put.. Will keep you guys appraised during the storm, since we are possibly ground zero.

Stay safe FL GAF!!!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Palm Harbor FL reporting! Stocked up on Food, water, beer and weed.. Almost done boarding up the house.

not in a flood/evac zone so we are staying put.. Will keep you guys appraised during the storm, since we are possibly ground zero.

Stay safe FL GAF!!!
Damn, bro. Stay safe.

The storm's current tracking seemed to push it more towards Bradenton/Sarasota for land fall, but it's so large, you're going to feel it everywhere.

Vestal

Gold Member
Damn, bro. Stay safe.

The storm's current tracking seemed to push it more towards Bradenton/Sarasota for land fall, but it's so large, you're going to feel it everywhere.
Ive been following this sucker since Thursday.. No one should take any chances with this bad boy.. It can make landfall anywhere on the west coast of FL, and the scariest part is a stall ocurring over the bay. That would be catastrophic.

I'm south of Tampa on the coast, Sarasota area. This'll be as good a whack as I've seen in my 45 years here, almost everything is shut down already today.
I'm not on the coast, so at least no storm surge worries for me, but I expect a shitton of flooding.
It needs to speed up and veer east a bit more.

Vestal

Gold Member
I'm south of Tampa on the coast, Sarasota area. This'll be as good a whack as I've seen in my 45 years here, almost everything is shut down already today.
I'm not on the coast, so at least no storm surge worries for me, but I expect a shitton of flooding.
It needs to speed up and veer east a bit more.
Thoughts with you.. You guys are sort of in the crosshairs right now per the track.

Stay strong and stay safe!

Last edited:

Stay safe FL GAF!!!
stay safe, you got enough chips?

Just had Fiona rip though us here in Nova Scotia. Luckily only had cosmetic damage to our place. Lots of neighbours with trees smashed into their homes, utility poles and wires down all over and still tons of areas with no power (we were out for 3 days). I'll probably end of getting a generator, these storms seem to be getting worse.

Davesky

Remember guys that hurricanes and extreme weather conditions are becoming increasingly more likely due to man made climate change. This should have probably been added automatically into OP’s post and by default to all other similar threads on the subject, and anyone wishing to debate this with heretic false claims or conspiracy theories can immediately be banned by our dedicated fact finding and disinformation team.

Kilau

Gold Member
Remember guys that hurricanes and extreme weather conditions are becoming increasingly more likely due to man made climate change. This should have probably been added automatically into OP’s post and by default to all other similar threads on the subject, and anyone wishing to debate this with heretic false claims or conspiracy theories can immediately be banned by our dedicated fact finding and disinformation team.
we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Spank me daddy, I’ve been naughty.

Hurricane Ian's latest path: 2.5 million Floridians under evacuation orders​

Dude, those manhole covers are pretty fucking heavy, for there to be enough force from the water, to lift that shit up, as if it was a giant's finger, playing with it, idly...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Top Bottom