• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hulu CEO steps down as Disney moves almost everything in house

bitbydeath

Good, we can finally see Hulu outside of America or better yet merged overtime.

Part of the decision to roll Hulu’s business operations into Disney’s direct-to-consumer division is to help “rapidly grow our presence outside the US,” according to a company press release put out Friday.

Iger told investors last year that the company plans to launch a dedicated FX hub on Hulu and turn some of FX’s content into streaming exclusives beginning in March 2020.

It’s not just FX that Disney is looking to take advantage of with Hulu. Iger also suggested on the same investors call that Hulu will also use Fox’s most prestigious studio division, Searchlight Pictures (formerly known as Fox Searchlight), to make exclusive content for Hulu. Searchlight Pictures will continue to make films for theatrical release, but other projects will now become streaming exclusives.

TaySan

Banned
As long as they keep it up with the dirt cheap Black Friday deals then I'm happy.

$2 a month for a year is a steal and the only reason why I subbed.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Thank god Searchlight has a bright future. It was the one thing that I was concerned about after the take over!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
crazy that they are changing "20th Century Fox" to "20th Century". RIP a legendary studio. hold on to those VHSes and DVDs and Blu Rays!

Disney-Drops-Fox-Name-20th-Century-Studios-Searchlight.jpg

Top Bottom