• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Nintendo Switch Rumor Reportedly Reveals 17 Upcoming Games

StormCell

I'd rather get the ports than not at all. Switch's library this year has been improved by the existence of things like Crash 4, Little Nightmares 2 and Persona 5 Strikers.
Absolutely. It needs every game it can run. I'm just saying that in the absence of getting the latest COD or GTA, it would be awesome to just get a COD or past GTA. There's a lot of room on this platform, and just because it can't handle Far Cry 5 doesn't mean you don't want a Far Cry remastered. Personally, a lot of the best games ever made aren't current gen. I'll take enhanced remasters of the best if I can't get the latest.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Cannot wait to see what they have planned for this year. I think Nintendo will have (for this year, 2021) about 9 Zelda games being released for the TLoZ 35th Year Anniversary celebration. Just a fun guess, but nine total games

Woopah

Absolutely. It needs every game it can run. I'm just saying that in the absence of getting the latest COD or GTA, it would be awesome to just get a COD or past GTA. There's a lot of room on this platform, and just because it can't handle Far Cry 5 doesn't mean you don't want a Far Cry remastered. Personally, a lot of the best games ever made aren't current gen. I'll take enhanced remasters of the best if I can't get the latest.
The more the better in my opinion! Activision Blizzard is putting the Diablo remaster on Switch but I can't see them doing any Call of Duty remasters any time soon. Maybe I'll be wrong though!

BlackTron

Can we please go one Nintendo generation without a re-release of Ocarina of Time ? It's a great game that I have now beaten on N64, gamecube, Wii, Wii U and 3DS. I can live without it on Switch. I'd rather have a Link to the past remake in the Link's Awakening engine 🤷‍♂️

The problem with OOT is that they're all just a copy/paste of the N64 version except for 3DS, which I actually own from the old black Zelda 3DS bundle but I've yet to play it past Kokiri Forest --it's game I just have no interest in playing on a portable little screen. It's the one game I've been DESPERATE for a full-blown console remake of for 20 years. I remember when REmake came out on GC I was like HOLY HELL DO THIS TO ZELDA, in 20 years I got a 3DS game ffs lol.

As for the rumor, the list of games seem plausible enough, but who knows. The weirdest thing that makes me question this is Virtual Boy, however when I think about it, the Wario game was really good and deserves a port, and Wario hasn't seen any love in a LONG time (even Toad has a game now lol). It only used the 3D to achieve a background/foreground effect in a side-scroller, which we've seen done fine in other games without 3D like Yoshi. Still really weird, but hey, they're running out of Wii U games to port, they gotta think of something!

Excited Ron Paul GIF by Tuttle Twins

MrA

Banned
The more the better in my opinion! Activision Blizzard is putting the Diablo remaster on Switch but I can't see them doing any Call of Duty remasters any time soon. Maybe I'll be wrong though!
Of course they can't do cod remasters, where would they get they 200000000 yotta bytes needed for all the new dlc they add for some reason on the switch

schaft0620

My prediction:

Control
Warzone
R6: Siege
Deliver Us The Moon
Tomb Raider Collection
Smash Updates
BOTW2
2D Metroid
Skyword Sword
Doom Eternal
GTA5
Mario Tennis
New Mario Game
Wind Waker 4K
BOTW 4K
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Y0ssarian

Banned
Radiant Historia sequel? Probably fake.

However, can you play Tales of Destiny 2 without having played the first one?

Top Bottom