• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Nintendo Switch Rumor Reportedly Reveals 17 Upcoming Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A huge Nintendo Switch leak has reportedly revealed 17 upcoming games. Whether any or all of these games will end up releasing on Switch and Switch Lite, remains to be seen, but some of the titles have now been thrown around by several rumors, reports, and leaks. This doesn't necessarily add weight to this new report, but it does suggest there's some truth to some individual claims. If the report is wholly accurate, it's one of the biggest Nintendo leaks in years.

The report begins by claiming the following four games are getting ports/remasters that will hit Switch and Switch Lite: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, Dark Souls 2 Remastered, Tales of Destiny 2, and a nostalgic Zelda game (likely Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask). Adding to this list of titles, the report mentions the following games with the caveat that these may not be ports or remasters, but remakes: Fossil Fighters, TimeSplitters, a Sonic game, and a Virtual Boy title.

The report doesn't stop there, but rather shifts gears to brand new games, mentioning the following will release between this year and next: a new Mario Strikers, a new Wario Ware, a Metroid 2D side-scroller, a Sonic Spin-Off, and a new Radiant Historia.

Capping all of this, the report mentions three games it claims should be taken with an extra grain of salt: an Earthbound reboot, a Mii game similar to Guitar Hero, and more Ring Fit Adventure.

All of this comes the way of "Eclipse" over on Twitter, though right now it's unclear if any of this is original are just the user taking a megaphone to recent rumors. In other words, take all of this with a grain of salt. While I've heard a few things about a few of these games, I've heard next to nothing about even more in this report.

Kokoloko85

OO tales of Destiny 2, Time splitters sounds awesome.
And Im still waiting for more older Zelda titles like OOT, MM and Wind Waker HD.

A Earthbound reboot is what they need. Switch has been kinda dry with new titles

Umbasaborne

Banned
Wouldnt it just be called dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin? Also, im so sick of leaks and speculation, i really wish we had more actual game announcements to discuss.

also i hope to see more brand new games coming out for switch from nintendo. Feels like they have been leaning hard on remakes/ports for the better part of the last year

Last edited:

Soodanim

Wouldnt it just be called dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin? Also, im so sick of leaks and speculation, i really wish we had more actual game announcements to discuss.

also i hope to see more brand new games coming out for switch from nintendo. Feels like they have been leaning hard on remakes/ports for the better part of the last year
Not if they commissioned a remaster of some description (which wouldn’t be worth it, so it’s probably SOTFS)

If they are porting the 3DS Zeldas, that’s a good look. 3DS is a horrible to hold handheld and those games were held back by it. They deserve proper controls, even MM with its questionable changes.

Last edited:

SCB3

Hmm, we haven't had a Direct for a while, I'm expecting more Zelda news for the Anniversary though, I can imagine that'll be after SS's release in July

Woopah

Usually I'd be excited for anything Timesplitters but this whole thing screams fake to me. Just a random list of games.

Does eclipse have any credibility?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Usually I'd be excited for anything Timesplitters but this whole thing screams fake to me. Just a random list of games.

Does eclipse have any credibility?
Probably not, but gaming news is so non existent because covid, publishers typically being dead silent, and the amount of unecessary secrecy in this industry, that web sites will take any grain that can grasp, even if its from clout chasing rando’s on era, twitter, and 4-chan.

Mithos

I might be interested in yet another OoT/MM Remake...
If it were made with the BoTW engine/artstyle.

NeilH1982

Banned
Can we please go one Nintendo generation without a re-release of Ocarina of Time ? It's a great game that I have now beaten on N64, gamecube, Wii, Wii U and 3DS. I can live without it on Switch. I'd rather have a Link to the past remake in the Link's Awakening engine 🤷‍♂️

Naked Lunch

Still not seeing F-Zero or Advance Wars (Switch Wars?) in any of these leaks.
Keeping your best franchises on the shelf for over a decade is not cool Nintendo.

Bragr

Banned
Pikmin 4 not even mentioned in rumors 😔
Yeah, I fear it's dead. I know they put it on the back burner a while back and focused on other games, but I hoped Pikmin 3 Deluxe would be a prelude to 4.

Pikmin has surprisingly good multiplayer, there is so much they could do with online Pikmin.

Codes 208

Is it ACTUALLY Tales of Destiny 2, or Tales of Eternia which was rebranded as "Destiny 2" in the West?
I was confused by this as well. I was thinking for some reason that telltale was making a destiny (the bungie one) “tales of” game.

Bragr

Banned
I heard about the 2D Metroid thing for a while, and TimeSplitters remakes also make sense since they apparently are making a new game and some form of remaster would make sense to bring the franchise back before they launch a new one.

Some new Ring Fit Adventure DLC is also almost sure at this point, when games are popular in Japan, Nintendo usually adds some DLC to them, and Ring Fit Adventure is big in Japan.

Earthbound reboot sounds dumb though, it will never happen. Nintendo will never put money on niche titles. They have a dozen of loved properties they never touch because they are too niche. If they don't touch F-Zero, they certainly won't touch Earthbound.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Is it ACTUALLY Tales of Destiny 2, or Tales of Eternia which was rebranded as "Destiny 2" in the West?
I was wondering the same thing. Neither one would make much sense. ToD1/Remake aren’t on Switch, are they? And I’d think if they released Eternia they’d keep the title as Eternia

Astral Dog

Well.. Nothing too shocking but i hope its true been too long without a 2D Metroid 🥺

However , its rare to see Nintendo leaks around E3 season be true 🤭

Mister Wolf

I don't understand what has taken them so long to port Samus Returns Remake over to the Switch. That and its sequel title need to come over ASAP.

mcjmetroid

Lol ya right whatever. Oh they'll have 17 games alright.. when they launch the Switch Pro/2 and not a second before.

Astral Dog

I heard about the 2D Metroid thing for a while, and TimeSplitters remakes also make sense since they apparently are making a new game and some form of remaster would make sense to bring the franchise back before they launch a new one.

Some new Ring Fit Adventure DLC is also almost sure at this point, when games are popular in Japan, Nintendo usually adds some DLC to them, and Ring Fit Adventure is big in Japan.

Earthbound reboot sounds dumb though, it will never happen. Nintendo will never put money on niche titles. They have a dozen of loved properties they never touch because they are too niche. If they don't touch F-Zero, they certainly won't touch Earthbound.
Nintendo puts money on niche games all the time but they drop them if they become TOO niche to focus on something else.or they don't have the resources to make them(F Zero was made by a SEGA team and Nintendo will never stop Mario Kart to make more of them)

Some of their now highest selling games started as cult hits at best Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, their other projects like Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2/3 Astral Chain.then they got DEADLY PREMONITION 2 exclusive to Switch. 😳

Now recently they are releasing those Famicom(?) Detective novels.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I don't understand what has taken them so long to port Samus Returns Remake over to the Switch. That and its sequel title need to come over ASAP.
New games please not ports. ( and that one is a remake not to mention)
Then again these days they can't even get the full priced ports out in time.

Buggy Loop

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

List is not even that impressive actually, but it smells like bullshit. Nintendo seems to have been paralyzed with work at home/COVID. Most of the industry had an impact of course, but not quite as bad as Nintendo it seems.

blackjon24

Tales of destiny 2 is really random but kind of cool. I wonder how many switch owners this would really cater to.

Bringing over tales of rebirth might have been a better choice but maybe that is next on the agenda

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Tales of destiny 2 is really random but kind of cool. I wonder how many switch owners this would really cater to.

Bringing over tales of rebirth might have been a better choice but maybe that is next on the agenda
I hope we get an English version of this meme

Nintendo needs to announce some damn games. And that list is pretty sad. I triple dipped for Dark Souls Remastered but DS2 is not good enough for me to buy a third time. Zelda reissue? Come on. Where are the damn games?

Top Bottom