• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Nintendo Switch Pro Details Leak Ahead of Reveal - Listing Found on Amazon

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Didn't the INSIDERZ say it would be announced a couple of days ago already? Damn, they are usually right...

SlushyFrighteningAsiaticmouflon-max-1mb.gif

Astral Dog

It's probably more for last gen ports, stuff like Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier Automata or Dark Souls 3 that were likely too demanding for the base Switch could get ported on that new model.
that would be cool, i was thinking Switch 2 would have all those ports because it would make more sense to wait a few years than divide the current Switch userbase right now.

But its an interesting possibility, new 3DS had a few exclusive games. can't wait for E3! 😁

Corgi1985

Banned
Lol the republic commando port, a literal ps2 game, can't hit 30 fps and you all are thinking nintendo will be able to do 60

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Power to do 4K means easier 60fps for lower res.
We know this.
The problem is some devs will use 4k because they can at the cost of losing 60fps.
Competent devs with have a performance or image toggle option.
I fear 4k 30fps is the best the switch pro can do.
Be our luck we'll get 1440p sub 30fps

Codes 208

Lol the republic commando port, a literal ps2 game, can't hit 30 fps and you all are thinking nintendo will be able to do 60
A good chunk of their first party games do run 60fps. Mario kart, smash bros, Mario odyssey, 3D world, maker 2, splatoon 2, DMC:TF, zelda links awakening.
Third parties will what they want to but Nintendo is very much capable of 60fps.

Last edited:

lachesis

Day 1 for me, if it will improve fps for the games that I have, and future games would have better FPS.
However, I am not really expecting much. Slightly faster loading, faster downlading, slightly better / stable fps on existing games, just like new 3DS did.

I would keep my current one (Animal Crossing ver) because it's just darn cute though...

D

Deleted member 820760

Unconfirmed Member
Just announce it already, my SO wanna buy a Switch but I’ve been telling her ”The Switch Pro is just around the corner, there will be a significant price drop on the original” for at least a year now
Shit mate, you're going to put yourself in a difficult situation if Nintendo don't announce it at E3 lol.

FStubbs

This thing won't be anywhere near as powerful as people are dreaming in these comments. Probably won't even be as powerful as the original Xbox One.

Zannegan

This thing won't be anywhere near as powerful as people are dreaming in these comments. Probably won't even be as powerful as the original Xbox One.
Something with the raw power of an Xbox One would be between a 2-3x jump in the GPU department. Combine that with DLSS and you're looking at hardware that is a nice little jump up and that should be capable of running Switch games in "4K."

I'd buy that for a dollar. *shrug*

nbkicker

Think im jist getting to old with gaming now as Tbh dont think im that bothered about the switch pro or whatever it will be called, dont think ive switched my switch on in over a yr now as for me there nothing worth playing on it, this could be first console/handheld i could end up not owning in 30odd years of gaming

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Think im jist getting to old with gaming now as Tbh dont think im that bothered about the switch pro or whatever it will be called, dont think ive switched my switch on in over a yr now as for me there nothing worth playing on it, this could be first console/handheld i could end up not owning in 30odd years of gaming

You when they show BOTW2 running on the Super Switch:

Charging Episode 19 GIF by The Simpsons

nbkicker

You when they show BOTW2 running on the Super Switch:
Ill wait and see what the hardware is, cause people got over excited last time saying the switch was gonna be as powerful as a ps4 , now 4k docked mentioned in rumours and people going crazy again, im kirbing my expectations till the reveal, as dont need to be shelling out money for a slightly bigger screen and 2-3fps more then standard, ill just keep switch i got in cupboard and bring it out if nintendo brings out anything worthwhile playing

Marvel14

Banned
They're making a new tablet because Nvidia discontinued the Tegra.

Wii U came out several years after the bottom dropped out of the Wii. If the Switch pro was such a huge leap, it wouldn't have a 7" 720p screen. The 4k docked is just its theoretical maximum output, just as the base model has 1080p.
That's some serious jumps in logic...not sure you could go much bigger than 7" screen and still be portable.

Also a higher resolution on a small screen doesn't make a material difference to viewing quality...or am I missing something?

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I think there is one coming, but all these dumb leaks about a company that is notorious for secrets is absurd. They are announcing it on the 15th at their Direct and not before.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I think there is one coming, but all these dumb leaks about a company that is notorious for secrets is absurd. They are announcing it on the 15th at their Direct and not before.

Pretty sure they will announce the Super Switch before, why have 1 moment in the spotlight when you can have 2?

Dream-Knife

Banned
That's some serious jumps in logic...not sure you could go much bigger than 7" screen and still be portable.

Also a higher resolution on a small screen doesn't make a material difference to viewing quality...or am I missing something?
That screen resolution is the same 720p.

The 7" screen was confirmed by samsung.

tkscz

I'm more curious about internals than externals. Is this still using Maxwell, just adding more cores and DLSS support? Is it using 7nm Ampere? Is it using 5nm lovelace like the rumor back in march says?

What about the CPU or RAM? Will it be the same or are those getting upgraded?

ZehDon

Power to do 4K means easier 60fps for lower res.
Potentially not; if the concept is to use DLSS upscaling to allow the Switch to punch above its weight, they really just need the additional ML GPU cores to perform that upscaling. In this scenario, the amount of non-upscaled general performance wouldn't necessarily be significant enough to drive every game to 60FPS - it's literally just getting existing titles to 4k in docked mode and some slight general performance improvements in handheld mode. Expecting 4k native from this is setting ones self up for disappointment, I feel.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
That screen resolution is the same 720p.

The 7" screen was confirmed by samsung.
Yes but...questions are

1. whether a bigger screen works on a handheld and

2. if going beyond 720p makes a noticeable difference in visual quality on a 7inch screen.

GuinGuin

Banned
Yes but...questions are

2. if going beyond 720p makes a noticeable difference in visual quality on a 7inch screen.

Yes, dude. A higher resolution screen is easily noticeable at that size. 720p is too low even for a 5' phone. At 5.5 inches 1440p is the minimum acceptable resolution.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Yes but...questions are

1. Yes, that is why tablets exist. Most phones are 6.5" these days.
2. Probably.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Why not just sell them direct to anyone who has had a nintendo account since 2015 first? Would this not cut out the scalpers and service the most die hard nintendo fans?

Top Bottom