• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Halo Infinite Leak | 4K 120 FPS on Xbox Series X ?!

Dodkrake

Banned
Im sure you never heard of porting? There's nothing to stop halo or other titles from using the full weight of graphical and system capabilities of xsx.

Some around here literally have no idea how this works. People keep going on with the nonsense of one gen holding back another, when the reality is that its not really the problem you or others think it is.

I think ms will show some titles that look noticeably more advanced then what sony showed

Gameplay elements being designed for older gen systems will be gimped in new gen systems if you want to keep the experience consistent across platforms. I'm sure you already understood this.

Jigga117

Gameplay elements being designed for older gen systems will be gimped in new gen systems if you want to keep the experience consistent across platforms. I'm sure you already understood this.
It isn’t unheard of to have different experiences based on the system your playing on. Please stop acting like this is uncommon especially during a generation change. The experience has already been pointed out like features that will be different than current gen for NBA 2k21 and that dirt 5 will be 120fps that isn’t happening on current gen.

what’s ironic of you saying this is the whole damn point of a new system for new experiences and no rule states it is required to be the same experience across generations. 😂🤣

Last edited:
I mean, this isn't really surprising when Gears 5 and Halo 5 were both 4k60 on X1X (although both utilized a dynamic resolution solution, although it's use was limited) with much greater detail than on Base Xbox One. Considering that this is a brand new engine it will likely have good support for various rendering techniques. Additionally, with the game being cross-gen with a GPU with at the very most half the GPU power targeting a similar resolution, I can absolutely see there being a 120FPS 4k mode in Halo Infinite with the X1X settings (maybe even increased from those slightly).

Of course, I still believe that this "leak" is bullshit even if it gets things right in a way of throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.

skneogaf

I imagine the multiplayer will be 120fps and the single player 60fps.

If I buy it on pc I'll play both at 4k@120fps.

Dodkrake

Banned
It isn’t unheard of to have different experiences based on the system your playing on. Please stop acting like this is uncommon especially during a generation change. The experience has already been pointed out like features that will be different than current gen for NBA 2k21 and that dirt 5 will be 120fps that isn’t happening on current gen.

what’s ironic of you saying this is the whole damn point of a new system for new experiences and no rule states it is required to be the same experience across generations. 😂🤣

Playing the same game at a higher resolution and FPS count =/= playing a game designed for a new system.

Up until this gen, games were designed with HDDs in mind. That's the lowest common denominator. A game designed exclusively for next gen will not run in an HDD unless you are willing to massively increase load times and / or cut gameplay features (like the portals in R&C and world transitions in The Medium).

So, a game designed to run in HDD gen Consoles with Jaguar CPUs and HDDs will not be fully optimized in the PS5 or Xbox Series X, no matter how much you want to pretend it will. So, unless 343 is designing two separa halo games, like it happened in older gens, the XBSX of the game will absolutely be gimped.

I also love your argumentum ad ridiculum when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

And I absolutely

Jigga117

Playing the same game at a higher resolution and FPS count =/= playing a game designed for a new system.

Up until this gen, games were designed with HDDs in mind. That's the lowest common denominator. A game designed exclusively for next gen will not run in an HDD unless you are willing to massively increase load times and / or cut gameplay features (like the portals in R&C and world transitions in The Medium).

So, a game designed to run in HDD gen Consoles with Jaguar CPUs and HDDs will not be fully optimized in the PS5 or Xbox Series X, no matter how much you want to pretend it will. So, unless 343 is designing two separa halo games, like it happened in older gens, the XBSX of the game will absolutely be gimped.

I also love your argumentum ad ridiculum when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

And I absolutely
Well you are developing the game the way y’all try and claim what is gimped.

oldergamer

And I absolutely
I dont think you have a good understanding of game systems, game design or gameplay mechanics implementation.

You seem to think you will get something on the new consoles that is not possible on the old consoles. Im talking separately from graphical advances or rendering technologies. There is literally nothing you can do with the new consoles that cannot be achieved with smaller amounts of data or scaled down in some intelligent fashion. That's the point im making. Anything you can name can be achieved in some smaller fashion or slower with current gen hardware. Thats the entire point of making scalable games on pc for the last 20 years. There are tradeoffs and differences but they typically dont change the perceived gameplay.

I dont think you have a good understanding of game systems, game design or gameplay mechanics implementation.

You seem to think you will get something on the new consoles that is not possible on the old consoles. Im talking separately from graphical advances or rendering technologies. There is literally nothing you can do with the new consoles that cannot be achieved with smaller amounts of data or scaled down in some intelligent fashion. That's the point im making. Anything you can name can be achieved in some smaller fashion or slower with current gen hardware. Thats the entire point of making scalable games on pc for the last 20 years. There are tradeoffs and differences but they typically dont change the perceived gameplay.

Isn't the scalability of PC games part of what holds it back from really driving graphics forward? LOU2 to me looks better than most everything on PC but a current PC should technically be a generation ahead of that.

oldergamer

Isn't the scalability of PC games part of what holds it back from really driving graphics forward? LOU2 to me looks better than most everything on PC but a current PC should technically be a generation ahead of that.
No, not at all. There is no limit to how far a game can scale, outside of time/budget spent. It took years before PC's could run Crysis at its fullest. However the game still played the same or without any noticeable differences on slower hardware. LOU2 could very well be accomplished on PC, but generally you don't see games like that on PC. There is no question PC hardware is ahead of that, but its a constant moving target. Unlike consoles that take years before they change hardware. Its easier to hit a target that isn't moving, if you know what a mean.

sendit

What holds PCs back is the PC itself. The vast majority of PC gamers don't own console crushing computers.

120 FPS isnt happening.

I doubt I really want it anyhow, the servers for PvE or PvP ain't gonna have a tick rate beyond 60 fps effectively so why bother? It's not going to do anything for the average gamer who doesn't even own a monitor or TV capable of 120 fps either.

Spend the processing and development resources on 60fps targets please, realistic choices are preferred.

clarky

Gold Member
Lets face it there are not many games out today that couldn't be done on X360/PS3 with the settings turned down. Not saying they wouldn't run like crap but still.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I can see that happening for the MP mode, sort of like UC4 and Gears 4 did - turn the RT off, lower down the res to 1440p, and there you go, 120FPS mode for the MP.

Dodkrake

Banned

Sure, I don't have a good understanding, but you do!

Going by your logic, a pentium MMX era machine can run any game available nowadays, granted you downgrade it enough.

I'm not even going to attempt to explain this again, you can keep your illusion that a potato CPU like the Jaguar and an HDD with ridiculous reading speeds will not affect game design on cross gen titles. Meanwhile, I'll look at star citizen, that specifically requires you to have an SSD for the game to properly work, and this is on PC, where the SSD throughput has way more roadblocks then the PS5 or the XBSX.

No, not at all. There is no limit to how far a game can scale, outside of time/budget spent. It took years before PC's could run Crysis at its fullest. However the game still played the same or without any noticeable differences on slower hardware. LOU2 could very well be accomplished on PC, but generally you don't see games like that on PC. There is no question PC hardware is ahead of that, but its a constant moving target. Unlike consoles that take years before they change hardware. Its easier to hit a target that isn't moving, if you know what a mean.

And I quoted this to show you misinformed you are.

While you can pepper graphics, assets, etc, all you want, you need to develop your gameplay mechanics for the lowest common denominator. And the proof is, yet again, star citizen, a game whose lowest common denominator is the SSD in terms of storage medium.

You can keep ignoring proof all you want, but reality will ultimately disagree with you.

Last edited:

Stuart360

What holds PCs back is the PC itself. The vast majority of PC gamers don't own console crushing computers.
Actually they do. The 1060, with 2060 and 2070 quickly closing in, are the most common gpu's on PC, all are better than the most powerful console in the OneX. And you know what?, once the next gen console release, you will quickly see the 3060 and 3070 become the most used gpu's on PC, which will again be more powerful than either console. I mean Christ, Digital Foundry's budget PC set up was pulling better performance than PS4 at launch, and that was using a 750 lol.

ZZZZ

120 fps on ultra at 4k? Not sure i believe it, but i'm guessing this would be Multiplayer numbers not story.

ZywyPL

Banned
120 fps on ultra at 4k? Not sure i believe it, but i'm guessing this would be Multiplayer numbers not story.

Bare in mind MS games will be running on XB1 for the next year or so, so the Ultra basically means current-gen Ultra, think of all current-gen titles running on a beefy PC. I mean, they did run maxed-out Gears 5 on XBX at ~100FPS with early port right? And that game has much better/more advanced graphics than Halo 5, which already ran at 4K60 on 1X, so there's still a lot of room left for both the visual and framerate improvements for Halo. But I agree, I think the 120FPS mode will apply only to MP portion of the games, whereas SP will be 60 with strong emphasis on the visuals, same like UC4 and Gears 4 did.

sendit

Actually they do. The 1060, with 2060 and 2070 quickly closing in, are the most common gpu's on PC, all are better than the most powerful console in the OneX. And you know what?, once the next gen console release, you will quickly see the 3060 and 3070 become the most used gpu's on PC, which will again be more powerful than either console. I mean Christ, Digital Foundry's budget PC set up was pulling better performance than PS4 at launch, and that was using a 750 lol.

Agreed. I actually forgot how weak this current gen is. However, this still stands. PCs are what hold other PCs back. It’s a stupid business decision to target a demographic of owners who don’t own X config of hardware. Take for example ray tracing. This feature has horrible support on PC.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

lfvvsaD.jpg

Also Ps5
O3Q3pXm.jpg

Top Bottom