• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huawei grows 66% from Q3 18 to Q3 19 in China and now has 42.6% market share; competition falls behind

huawei_01.jpg

huawei_02-720x399.jpg

LINK (in PT): https://pplware.sapo.pt/smartphones-tablets/huawei-cresce-na-china-e-ja-domina-42-do-mercado/

Chinese really take American attempts to cripple their companies seriously. This is the end result. The busiest shopping season in China is January-February, and there is a Chinese social media announced boycott going on that will lead to a collapse in sale for American brands during peak shopping season in 2020. This will be severe enough to be felt over in the US (Eg Apple revenues and stocks will tank). No more iphone upgrades.

This occurred in the past, when Japanese vehicles took a nosedive over a political squabble, with mainland sales dropping by over 50%. They never recovered, and Chinese brands took over.

Last edited:
Chinese really take American attempts to cripple their companies seriously. This is the end result. The busiest shopping season in China is January-February, and there is a Chinese social media announced boycott going on that will lead to a collapse in sale for American brands during peak shopping season in 2020. This will be severe enough to be felt over in the US (Eg Apple revenues and stocks will tank). No more iphone upgrades.

This occurred in the past, when Japanese vehicles took a nosedive over a political squabble, with mainland sales dropping by over 50%. They never recovered, and Chinese brands took over.
Makes sense

RedVIper

Banned

Do you get paid by wordcount?

You're the biggest China shill i've ever seen.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Excellent China. Im so happy and glad to pick a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. The camera and the funtions are amazing. Definitive is a excellent phone and such Amazing how Huawei grow in a small time the market.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Really illustrates how much of a lost cause it is for foreign companies to try to do business in China in the long term. Worked out in the very short term while other companies with government backing copied their shit and made it for cheaper to take their market share.

Last edited by a moderator:

Estellex

How good are Chinese brands when compared to American ones?

I will never ever trust a Huawei phone, nor the company in general as they are in the Governments pockets.

The way they have taken that market share is not normal. Manipulation via the Government is a viable reason for this.

People may not like American Alternatives, but they don't get success overnight, it's done by getting your Brand recognised over the years.

Leading the way to 5G has implications for all of us as we cannot trust the Chinese Government to not implement some sort of system to track people in other countries.

What "brands"? Only Apple ever had significant marketshare in china and it's been falling behind for years.

Also I've been to Chins twice in the last 6 years, Shanghai in 2013, and Shanghai and Gougzhou, probably spelled that wrong, in 2017, and I've seen ONE brand of Chinese car on the road, and almost all the other cars I've seen are Japanese or German, I've even seen Mustangs and GT's there and that's freaking FORD. Chinese brands are barely a thing in China.

I went to two of the biggest cities in china, with crowds of people who come from all around the country coming into these areas or driving past them to get somewhere else, so if Chinese cars even had 30% of the market I should have seen more Chinese cars, and I haven't. I doubt it's much different in Tibet.

Do you have a poster of Mao on your wall? ;)

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Celebrating a country’s economic and technological development =/= supporting their government. Do I need to say it?

Let’s imagine this thread was about America, and how Apple is doing it’s best in years. I come in and post about how OP or some other poster is a Trump shill or something. People would think I’m an imbecile.

Also, there was a whole probe into the Huawei-CPC spying accusation nearly a year ago... and the U.S. found no proof. So...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Celebrating a country’s economic and technological development =/= supporting their government. Do I need to say it?

Let’s imagine this thread was about America, and how Apple is doing it’s best in years. I come in and post about how OP or some other poster is a Trump shill or something. People would think I’m an imbecile.

Also, there was a whole probe into the Huawei-CPC spying accusation nearly a year ago... and the U.S. found no proof. So...

The only issue with that is that you don't get anywhere as a company in China without heavy cooperation with the CPC and constant approval by the government. Oppose either in any way and your company is finished in the country.

Is that how huawei got big? Copy/ip infringement.

Largely, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
What "brands"? Only Apple ever had significant marketshare in china and it's been falling behind for years.

Also I've been to Chins twice in the last 6 years, Shanghai in 2013, and Shanghai and Gougzhou, probably spelled that wrong, in 2017, and I've seen ONE brand of Chinese car on the road, and almost all the other cars I've seen are Japanese or German, I've even seen Mustangs and GT's there and that's freaking FORD. Chinese brands are barely a thing in China.

I went to two of the biggest cities in china, with crowds of people who come from all around the country coming into these areas or driving past them to get somewhere else, so if Chinese cars even had 30% of the market I should have seen more Chinese cars, and I haven't. I doubt it's much different in Tibet.

Do you have a poster of Mao on your wall? ;)

Careful, that Audi or Toyota you saw is made in China and 51% of its revenue is controlled by its mainland affiliate. Also

Chinese brands are barely a thing in China.

you're full of poop, 90% of cars on Chinese cars on the road are Chinese brands. Maybe next time leave the immediate vicinity of your 5 star hotel.

Is that how huawei got big? Copy/ip infringement.

Even US intelligence agencies dispute this claim. Just because intel and apple got big on the backs of stealing japanese, canadian and korean technology...stop projecting.

Last edited:

gatti-man

Careful, that Audi or Toyota you saw is made in China and 51% of its revenue is controlled by its mainland affiliate. Also

you're full of poop, 90% of cars on Chinese cars on the road are Chinese brands. Maybe next time leave the immediate vicinity of your 5 star hotel.

Even US intelligence agencies dispute this claim. Just because intel and apple got big on the backs of stealing japanese, canadian and korean technology...stop projecting.

No one is projecting and lmao at Apple and intel getting big because of stolen tech.

The factthat Chinese companies steal IP through their own govt is something the worlds companies all complain about. Yes there are plenty of American companies that complain, also Australian, and European companies that have exact examples of Hw using stolen tech.
The idea that because some company somewhere used stolen tech doesn’t somehow make Hw and China less the villain and cesspool of stolen IP.

Your example doesn’t work. The USA isn’t communist. The govt doesn’t leak IP secrets it demands from foreign companies to its own and subsidize tech/dumping on other countries. The USA doesn’t outlaw foreign tech companies like China has for decades.

celebrating Hw is celebrating China’s govt. Absolutely.

Last edited:

C4lukin2

Banned
Well yay? The company has lost the United States, and lots of Europe.

Maybe those numbers are bull shit.

C4lukin2

Banned
But we have this weird China Nationalist thing, where we allow them into our universities.

And they continue to be Cucks.

Free nations doing shit, fuck it, ...

C4lukin2

Banned
And whatever sins the West have. China is fucking WW2 levels of crazy.

Oh we shot down your plane, now we have captured you on this CB island.

You have become a human experiment. How CV many limbs can we chop off before anyone notices...

No one is projecting and lmao at Apple and intel getting big because of stolen tech.

The factthat Chinese companies steal IP through their own govt is something the worlds companies all complain about. Yes there are plenty of American companies that complain, also Australian, and European companies that have exact examples of Hw using stolen tech.
The idea that because some company somewhere used stolen tech doesn’t somehow make Hw and China less the villain and cesspool of stolen IP.

Your example doesn’t work. The USA isn’t communist. The govt doesn’t leak IP secrets it demands from foreign companies to its own and subsidize tech/dumping on other countries. The USA doesn’t outlaw foreign tech companies like China has for decades.

celebrating Hw is celebrating China’s govt. Absolutely.

US is proven to have stolen trade secrets and engaged in corporate espionage against EU via CIA monitoring and data collection, particularly in Germany. Not to mention; https://apnews.com/b40414d22f2248428ce11ff36b88dc53

Meanwhile, muh Chinah chynah chynah. Keep dreamin' trumpy boy

Last edited:

nbcjr

They deserve nothing and their tech is mostly based on stolen patents and govt sponsored theft. Fuck them.
People should really begin to study history. Government sponsoring is true, but the rest? Not so much.

Chinese companies are innovating. Xiaomi has a behind display camera working right now.

Huawei owns much of the 5g patents, how can you say they are infringing? Have you heard of Rands patents?

Last edited:

nbcjr

Also, a person that says there is no Chinese cars on the roads is delusional. It is true Chinese branded cars are seen as second tier and not for the rich, but they are seen everywhere

You might have some trouble with reading, but I've been across much of the country, and among the most populated parts to boot, and there are barely any Chinese cars on the road. if there are , many people must not be interested in driving them and left to to rot on the driveway.

There are even videos of people filming driving from Tibet to Shanghai and there are like two Chinese cars.

Also US agencies are why Huawei was banned, so you're saying they disputed their disputed claim? Use your head.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Can't say I'm surprised, Chinese phones are really good right now and priced well below the competition.
I'd suspect their market-share is going to increase globally going forward.

Ownage

Tell this to the 土豪 and 土鳖.

Huawei deserves.
It has excellent phones, and the best work notebook available in the market.
I have an Honor (their budget brand) Note 8 which I purchased in late 2016. To this day, it's the best phone which maybe only the latest Samsung can rival. No lag. Video, multitasking, general use is flawless. I have a new Motorola which is straight ass.

cryptoadam

Banned
How much of this can be attributed to tarrifs and protectionist measures taken by the CCP?

Also can't knock a China man for buying local, American's used to be proud of seeing Made in America too.

If its not entertainment or B-Ball the Chinese market is not as loving to foreigners. And at any moment they could decide to destroy all their Iphones because Xi is made at USA.

How much of this can be attributed to tarrifs and protectionist measures taken by the CCP?

Also can't knock a China man for buying local, American's used to be proud of seeing Made in America too.

If its not entertainment or B-Ball the Chinese market is not as loving to foreigners. And at any moment they could decide to destroy all their Iphones because Xi is made at USA.

That's not really true, China is very open to foreign markets and products. You're describing Japan which is very monocentric when it comes to bran power. Japanese brands rule Japan. It's just that Chinese are naturally going to avoid products from a country that has declared economic war on them for no other reason than to try and slow China's growth. 24/7 hostility SHOULD breed resentment.

Last edited:

Mistake

That's not really true, China is very open to foreign markets and products. You're describing Japan which is very monocentric when it comes to bran power. Japanese brands rule Japan. It's just that Chinese are naturally going to avoid products from a country that has declared economic war on them for no other reason than to try and slow China's growth. 24/7 hostility SHOULD breed resentment.
They are only open in ways that suit them. Tencent pulls a segway (remember them?) on pretty much every game company they are involved with, by ripping off their games and buying company stocks with it. I also don't know what you mean about chinese cars. Having a foreign car there is like adding an extra inch on your dick. All I usually see are Hondas, Toyotas, or BMW's. As for huawei taking up shares, it was pretty much expected to happen with all the 5G news running around, the trade war, and apple not doing a great job in marketing anything super attractive.

Last edited:
I might get their foldable phone (gen 2) if it turns out to be better than the competition. One thing about them (and xiaomi to a lesser extent) is that can release phones that can meet the demands of people who have a set budget. While still providing a decent experience.Like try telling Apple to sale a $99 smartphone lol.

cryptoadam

Banned

But what about the tariffs? I heard that foreign brands generally are more expensive than local brands because of import duties and VAT's. Foreign cars are more expensive because of additional tariffs by the CCP.

If Foreign goods are more expensive then people will buy local goods.

But what about the tariffs? I heard that foreign brands generally are more expensive than local brands because of import duties and VAT's. Foreign cars are more expensive because of additional tariffs by the CCP.

If Foreign goods are more expensive then people will buy local goods.

There are so many people that it doesn't matter. The market is still huge and everybody wants in. Even expensive foreign brands sell more in China than in most other countries. Chinese spend more on foreign luxury goods than any other market. China is protectionist precisely because of this. If it had a smaller market or was overly reliant on foreign goods (cough US cough) protectionism would be hurting it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom