• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Xbox outgrew the console: inside Phil Spencer’s multi-billion dollar gamble

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That's not exactly the way it works though. Most people paid 1 dollar per month here to turn their Live Gold sub in GP ultimate. There's hardly any surprise they reached around 20 millions subscribers basically giving subs for free. Who would refuse that gift? The money MS makes from Xbox Live subs, they already had it before, it's like PS+ money.

They definitely aren't making profit on GP right now since most of the GP subs were basically free, which is totally normal in a loss leader strategy like that.

We'll see if the business model is ok in a few years, when people actually pay more.

There are tons of MS studios now, daily costs are huge. Nobody knows if it will work or not. Let's hope so. Competition is good for prices.
You know that you still have to pay for that Gold right? So yeah they take half...

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I remember the days when innovation and evolving the industry was ALL about making better and more creative games. Now it’s about how many people can play games on devices that people ALREADY play games on…

Its all of those, you dont have to miss one to have the other.

Sosokrates

30% is a lot to be giving up. More importantly though you're missing the point in your eagerness to respond - the point made is that it would make more money than any PS5 exclusive. Where did I say these games weren't making money..?

"Sales arent important".
Also "Returnal bomba", "Demon Souls bomba" on every Playstation thread 😅😅

Yes you only said you it not the only metric for success (which makes me wonder why things aren't more transparent then).

The great thing about saying nonsense like Starfield will make more money than any PS5 exclusive is that you don't even have to back it up. MS doesn't announce sales figures, barely mention GamePass subs either. So you can just make up any old crap and say it was true lol.

I do have stuff to back it up, look at fallout 4 and skyrim sales on xbox and PC platforms, they are huge.

Sosokrates

Ne
Except people aren’t all paying that obviously. And that revenue is theoretically supposed to support those “23 studios” people love to quote. Sony revenue from exclusives covers JUST the cost of making those games. In conclusion, you have no idea about actual numbers, P&Ls, or “business models.”
We know theres about 20mill gamepass subs and we know sales of sony exclusives, so we can deduct some info from that.

People will be paying $15/10 per month with a small percentage doing the xblg trick.

I doubt it.

HBO Max struggles with Disney and Netflix. PSNow and XCloud will be struggling with Apple Arcade and Play Pass. The mass market isnt playing far cry 6, they are playing Candy Crush. PS Now/Xcloud are marketed to the wrong people.

If anyone will be super sucessful in game streaming, it‘s going to be Nintendo. They will take everyone’s lunch no matter how late they go in, like Disney. Their consumers dont care about 1080p or lag, or having a console. As long as that shit plays Mario Kart. They’ll buy it.

Hezekiah

Banned
I do have stuff to back it up, look at fallout 4 and skyrim sales on xbox and PC platforms, they are huge.
Sure they are, but we won't get sales numbers for ES6. We'll get number of players, and GamePass subs if/when there was a large increase in subs - but even that isn't particularly useful in terms of quantifying anything given the hundreds of games on it. We certainly won't get anything to help determine whether it made more money than the next God of War game for example.

Chukhopops

30% is a lot to be giving up. More importantly though you're missing the point in your eagerness to respond - the point made is that it would make more money than any PS5 exclusive. Where did I say these games weren't making money..?
I believe Starfield will make more money on PC + Xbox (if you include expansions, paid mods, etc) than most PS exclusives except maybe Spider-Man and God of War. Simply because of the larger PC user base. But we will never know.

reksveks

Sure they are, but we won't get sales numbers for ES6. We'll get number of players, and GamePass subs if/when there was a large increase in subs - but even that isn't particularly useful in terms of quantifying anything given the hundreds of games on it. We certainly won't get anything to help determine whether it made more money than the next God of War game for example.
At the end of the day, we should all just be looking at the total gaming revenue and how its trending.

wQYJ6F2.png

Had to be done.

7ZweU4Y.jpg

reksveks

I doubt it.

HBO Max struggles with Disney and Netflix. PSNow and XCloud will be struggling with Apple Arcade and Play Pass. The mass market isnt playing far cry 6, they are playing Candy Crush. PS Now/Xcloud are marketed to the wrong people.

If anyone will be super sucessful in game streaming, it‘s going to be Nintendo. They will take everyone’s lunch no matter how late they go in, like Disney. Their consumers dont care about 1080p or lag, or having a console. As long as that shit plays Mario Kart. They’ll buy it.
It's kinda why the 1 vs 100 rumour is interesting to me, that's going to be a reasonable experience on mobile.

I need to find if the tencent mobile games for Microsoft are coming to the west.

GHG

Gold Member
None of them are doing anything close to what Game Pass is. Both of those were half measures by comparison to what Game Pass is. I can't get full unrestricted access to EA's and Sony's biggest new games day one.

Netflix doesn't just say "here, watch for 5 or 10 hours" then it shuts off and you have to buy the rest. It doesn't even work in a fashion where you initially need to buy the Series right now for full price or wait till it comes about a year or so down the road. Game Pass is the first true Netflix equivalent in gaming.

EA Access has a tier where you get unrestricted access to everything, including DLC.

It also had (and still has) well over 200 quality titles available (including lots of games from outside of EA's published library) on PC.

Just because it's not available on console to that degree doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Next you'll tell me Microsoft invented the operating system.

W

If gamepass has 20million subs and each paying an average of $10/month
Thats a revenue of $2.4 billion/year that more revenue then the PS4 made from exclusives in its best year.
So the business model does work.
This doesnt even make sense.

Gamepass would need to be exclusively first party titles. And how is 10/month the average? It‘s the maximum. 7 dollars is probably the average.
It's kinda why the 1 vs 100 rumour is interesting to me, that's going to be a reasonable experience on mobile.

I need to find if the tencent mobile games for Microsoft are coming to the west.
These streaming services should be aimed at super causals. Among Us, Fall Guys, Until Dawn.. should be the most hardcore games offered in said services. Easily digestible experiences.

reksveks

These streaming services should be aimed at super causals. Among Us, Fall Guys, Until Dawn.. should be the most hardcore games offered in said services. Easily digestible experiences.
Think those games are coming as well as the normal games that are more associated with hardcore gamers. I like to play hades via xcloud cause it feels digestible to me even if a run can take 20-35 minute minutes.

Edder1

Funniest thing I’ve seen in ages.
Lol, I obviously didn't mean that they're literally in debt, I meant they have a lot to prove to Microsoft execs after all their spending and GamePass still not making profit. Common, surely you could have read between the lines.

Sosokrates

Gamepass would need to be exclusively first party titles. And how is 10/month the average? It‘s the maximum. 7 dollars is probably the average.

Last time i checked gp ultimate is $15/month

Think those games are coming as well as the normal games that are more associated with hardcore gamers. I like to play hades via xcloud cause it feels digestible to me even if a run can take 20-35 minute minutes.
No I don’t mean in addition. I mean exclusively marketed to them. Basically what Netflix is doing. Or seems to be doing.

Brief history of Phil Spencer at Microsoft. The following may not be historically accurate.

- Phil starts his job at Microsoft cleaning toilets for the Encarta team or something.
- Job becomes career. Works on some software I likely didn't use and makes fonts for MS Office, I don't know.
- Gets on the Xbox team because Steve Balmer caught him playing Tetris in the shitter. After jumping up and down into a sweat frenzy screaming about how much he liked video games he offers Phil a job in the gaming division.
- Phil doesn't make Donkey Kong because Rare doesn't own the IP which foreshadows the brand's future. Management is clearly all retards, everyone jumps ship.
- As he walks out the door, Don Mattrick turns to Phil and says "Nothing personnel kid" then throws him the keys.
- Phil is named head of Xbox division much to his own surprise "You're the only one left kid" says Nadella. "Here is a Gold company card, use it wisely".
- At first Phil is confused and buys only a few small studios like Compulsion and Undead.
- Nadella calls Phil upstairs "Phil, you're being too timid. I need you to wow me, what'cha got?" Nervously Phil looks around the room. He sees games on some shelves and notices Satya is watching Netflix. "The... Netflix of... gaming?" replies Phil, sweating profusely. "Phil... I watch Netflix and I play games. You are a genius! You have just invented a new delivery mechanism that nobody has ever thought of before and the industry will somehow agree with what I just said!" Gamepass is announced and everybody on the planet subscribes for $1, just $1, no more since that's the entire cost of using Gamepass forever. Just. One. Dollar.
- Phil finally buys Playground after 4 Horizon games, Ninja Theory and Double Fine while riding his high but it isn't enough. "Fuck it. I'm buying Fallout. Who makes Fallout?"
- Not sure about who made Fallout, Phil buys both InXile, the makers of Wasteland which was the precursor to Fallout and Obsidian who worked on the original games and New Vegas.
- After announcing the acquisition Phil smiled and looked out his office window with a satisfied smile. The phone rings. It's Todd Howard. "You idiot, I own Fallout now"
- After smashing his giant oak desk over his own massive head Phil once again reached into his wallet and pulled out his Gold card and ordered one Zenimax Publishing off Amazon for 7.5 billion dollars, with free Prime shipping! "God dammit Todd, I own you!"
- Phil is called into Nadella's office "Phil, I told you to be wise with that card... 7.5 billion dollars, for Bethesda? The makers of Fallout 76 and nothing else and no included studios because mentioning that is moving goalposts?". Phil slinks in his chair and gets ready for his punishment when he feels a hand on his shoulder. It's Todd Howard, he's come from Bethesda to personally drink Phil's gravy say thank you to Phil and Nadella for bailing out their studios after the shit show of a half decade they just blundered through their generous bonus included in the acquisition. Satya smiles wryly "Phil, I'm just fucking with you! Common man! Who's next bitches?" Phil, Todd and Satya spark up the fattest joint, pull the fire alarm and proceed to fog out the entire campus. Phil got so high he missed Sega's call asking about whether they're still interested in acquiring them. "Next Wednesday, AMIRITE BOYS?" They all floss dance until they pass out.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned

People don't seem to release that of the 420 odd GamePass titles on Xbox, and 370 odd on PC, the vast majority are third-party. Revenue therefore can't be solely attributed to XGS.

And analysts like Zhuge estimate that it needs over 50m subs just to be sustainable. It sure as hell is operating at a loss at the moment - which is a big part why it is popular on here and you here the word 'value' attached to it.

PaNaMa

Banned
I would counter by saying if *not* for the amazing console, I wouldn't have gotten Xbox. Xbox has not "outgrown" its needs to deliver a powerful console imo.
"Play anywhere" to me means play on my upstairs console (S) or my downstairs console (X). Gamepass enhances my experience with these consoles. If MS didn't ship a powerful console, I'd be back on playstation.

FunkMiller

Spent the whole afternoon playing Forza 5 on my laptop, having only ever been a PlayStation gamer historically.

So he’s not wrong, in my case.

Bkdk

Spencer had a dream that one day we would judge games by the content of their characters and not the color of their logo.
If they want good character designs then they need to hire more asian character designers to teach their western studios how to actually design a decent character. Heck, even skyrim character modders can give their studios a 1 year lecture on how to create good characters. So far none of their studios understand character design.

AJUMP23

Brief history of Phil Spencer at Microsoft. The following may not be historically accurate.

- Phil starts his job at Microsoft cleaning toilets for the Encarta team or something.
- Job becomes career. Works on some software I likely didn't use and makes fonts for MS Office, I don't know.
- Gets on the Xbox team because Steve Balmer caught him playing Tetris in the shitter. After jumping up and down into a sweat frenzy screaming about how much he liked video games he offers Phil a job in the gaming division.
- Phil doesn't make Donkey Kong because Rare doesn't own the IP which foreshadows the brand's future. Management is clearly all retards, everyone jumps ship.
- As he walks out the door, Don Mattrick turns to Phil and says "Nothing personnel kid" then throws him the keys.
- Phil is named head of Xbox division much to his own surprise "You're the only one left kid" says Nadella. "Here is a Gold company card, use it wisely".
- At first Phil is confused and buys only a few small studios like Compulsion and Undead.
- Nadella calls Phil upstairs "Phil, you're being too timid. I need you to wow me, what'cha got?" Nervously Phil looks around the room. He sees games on some shelves and notices Natya is watching Netflix. "The... Netflix of... gaming?" replies Phil, sweating profusely. "Phil... I watch Netflix and I play games. You are a genius! You have just invented a new delivery mechanism that nobody has ever thought of before and the industry will somehow agree with what I just said!" Gamepass is announced and everybody on the planet subscribes for $1, just $1, no more since that's the entire cost of using Gamepass forever. Just. One. Dollar.
- Phil finally buys Playground after 4 Horizon games, Ninja Theory and Double Fine while riding his high but it isn't enough. "Fuck it. I'm buying Fallout. Who makes Fallout?"
- Not sure about who made Fallout, Phil buys both InXile, the makers of Wasteland which was the precursor to Fallout and Obsidian who worked on the original games and New Vegas.
- After announcing the acquisition Phil smiled and looked out his office window with a satisfied smile. The phone rings. It's Todd Howard. "You idiot, I own Fallout now"
- After smashing his giant oak desk over his own massive head Phil once again reached into his wallet and pulled out his Gold card and ordered one Zenimax Publishing off Amazon for 7.5 billion dollars, with free Prime shipping! "God dammit Todd, I own you!"
- Phil is called into Nadella's office "Phil, I told you to be wise with that card... 7.5 billion dollars, for Bethesda? The makers of Fallout 76 and nothing else and no included studios because mentioning that is moving goalposts?". Phil slinks in his chair and gets ready for his punishment when he feels a hand on his shoulder. It's Todd Howard, he's come from Bethesda to personally drink Phil's gravy say thank you to Phil and Nadella for bailing out their studios after the shit show of a half decade they just blundered through their generous bonus included in the acquisition. Satya smiles wryly "Phil, I'm just fucking with you! Common man! Who's next bitches?" Phil, Todd and Satya spark up the fattest joint, pull the fire alarm and proceed to fog out the entire campus. Phil got so high he missed Sega's call asking about whether they're still interested in acquiring them. "Next Wednesday, AMIRITE BOYS?" They all floss dance until they pass out.
Phil Slept his way up the ladder.

MacReady13

That's reinventing gaming.
That's not reinventing gaming- it's changing the BUSINESS of gaming. Like I said earlier, changing gaming is done THROUGH games, not the model AROUND games. Microtransactions have changed gaming business. Free to play and games as a service have changed the business of gaming. You can throw these stupid sub services into that crowd as well. But some, not all but SOME of us are actually interested in gaming progressing through gameplay/controls/AI, and not interested in these bullshit business practices...

mckmas8808

Banned
I would counter by saying if *not* for the amazing console, I wouldn't have gotten Xbox. Xbox has not "outgrown" its needs to deliver a powerful console imo.
"Play anywhere" to me means play on my upstairs console (S) or my downstairs console (X). Gamepass enhances my experience with these consoles. If MS didn't ship a powerful console, I'd be back on playstation.

It's amazing to me that after all of this time of all of us comparing PS5 games to Xbox Series X games...........now Xbox has outgrown the console and none of that "power" talk even matters. Just like that. MS went from marketing "The most Powerful Console", to the console doesn't even matter now.

That's such a weird spin, that I don't even know what to do with that.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Why are people getting triggered over this? Everyone knows the money is in software.

Steve from Gamersnexus pointed out how the horrible future will be paying to access a PC monthly like these subscriber services are, much like how Adobie and Microsoft Office are now. That's one reason not to support any of that. They want you paying continuously. "You'll own nothing and be happy". Economic serfdom is coming.

That still doesn't take away from the huge success MS is having now in gaming. If Sony and Nintendo could, they certainly would be doing the same thing.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That's not reinventing gaming- it's changing the BUSINESS of gaming. Like I said earlier, changing gaming is done THROUGH games, not the model AROUND games. Microtransactions have changed gaming business. Free to play and games as a service have changed the business of gaming. You can throw these stupid sub services into that crowd as well. But some, not all but SOME of us are actually interested in gaming progressing through gameplay/controls/AI, and not interested in these bullshit business practices...

I see, yet respectfully disagree.

Making people play for subs and streaming only is reinventing gaming. Think of the positives.

It helps more people play games as everybody would only pay a small monthly fee. Nobody would ever again spend £70 on a single game. Instead, they have access to every game ever made on any device that has a screen and internet connection..

You could play the latest Resident Evil on your smart TV, then carry on the same game on your phone. While you're playing, Capcom release the new Street Fighter and you can instantly go ahead and stream it on your phone.

It makes gaming more accessible for everyone, all without expensive hardware and "owning" games by buying them individually.

*Mic drop*

MacReady13

I see, yet respectfully disagree.

Making people play for subs and streaming only is reinventing gaming. Think of the positives.

It helps more people play games as everybody would only pay a small monthly fee. Nobody would ever again spend £70 on a single game. Instead, they have access to every game ever made on any device that has a screen and internet connection..

You could play the latest Resident Evil on your smart TV, then carry on the same game on your phone. While you're playing, Capcom release the new Street Fighter and you can instantly go ahead and stream it on your phone.

It makes gaming more accessible for everyone, all without expensive hardware and "owning" games by buying them individually.

*Mic drop*
But not everyone wants this! Some of us want to own our games. Most of us don't have time to take our games everywhere, nor care to do that. And people who want to play games would be playing them by now... they've only been in the mainstream for the past 5 decades.

kingfey

Banned
It's amazing to me that after all of this time of all of us comparing PS5 games to Xbox Series X games...........now Xbox has outgrown the console and none of that "power" talk even matters. Just like that. MS went from marketing "The most Powerful Console", to the console doesn't even matter now.

That's such a weird spin, that I don't even know what to do with that.
Xbox kinda gave up on the exclusive part, which playstation is still clinging on. In that regard, xbox kinda outgrown playstation.

Playstation still has OG people. But we know what happens to these people. They become the past, due to age, and none of their voices will matter. N64 was big, then come ps2, then xbox 360, then ps4, and now we are witnessing the switch age.

After the switch, there is nothing there. Playstation is porting their games to pc now. Xbox is moving to cloud, after it embraced day1 pc. There is no special moment.

March 4, 2000 That is when ps2 was released. Those who grow up with, are now 28 and older. New generation are growing up with fortnite, mobile, and f2p games. They dont care which box is great, they want a taste of their games. So both console need to get out of their comfort zone.

God typing this is making me old now. time flies fast :messenger_crying:

kingfey

Banned
Gone are the days of Resi 4, where you get the game, the bonus missions and mercs. Those bonuses would all be in DLC now.
These new games are getting meh. Its all about emotions, and not the great gameplay. Feel sorry for the new generation. They have to buy shark cards, while in our time, we used to grind for our ingame money.

IDKFA

But not everyone wants this! Some of us want to own our games. Most of us don't have time to take our games everywhere, nor care to do that. And people who want to play games would be playing them by now... they've only been in the mainstream for the past 5 decades.

I understand that, but you need to remember that things change.

If Microsoft want to get higher GP numbers then they'ed be stupid not to lock everything exclusively to GP. If everybody had to have GP to play any games and access their library then they'ed have no choice but to sign up. Then take away the download option and Microsoft will be looking at gaming domination.

MacReady13

If Microsoft want to get higher GP numbers then they'ed be stupid not to lock everything exclusively to GP. If everybody had to have GP to play any games and access their library then they'ed have no choice but to sign up. Then take away the download option and Microsoft will be looking at gaming domination.
I almost feel like i'm being trolled here...! Either way if the future is locking games to a sub service then I'm out of gaming for good.

kingfey

Banned

doesnt that defeat the purpose of gamepass? Locking games to gamepass, will make it harder for future games to come to the service.

The devs come to gamepass to make extra money. You are blocking that option.

IDKFA

I almost feel like i'm being trolled here...! Either way if the future is locking games to a sub service then I'm out of gaming for good.

doesnt that defeat the purpose of gamepass? Locking games to gamepass, will make it harder for future games to come to the service.

The devs come to gamepass to make extra money. You are blocking that option.

Then what is the point of Gamepass if you still give people the option to buy the games? I can't log into Netflix and buy Stranger Things or the Irishman. Netflix makes me sub for that privilege.

Same should apply to Gamepass, but since Microsoft have deeper pockets they could afford to pay all publishers to have their games on the service from day one.

You may not like the idea, but tell me for real that you don't think this makes business sense. Why give people the option to buy the game? That means your leaving money on the table. A customer could purchase a game like Forza Horizon 5 for £70, or they could pay a subscription for years and years to play the game?

DaGwaphics

Some people want to own their stuff. I'd be surprised if the ability to purchase games was removed. Even if they get 50% sell through on GP on Xbox consoles, what happens to the other 50% that purchased the consoles? On PC even 10 or 15% proliferation would probably be astronomically good, so that would probably lose them a good 85-90% of that market as well.

This would only be logical if it happened way down the road at some point when hardly anyone was buying anything anymore.

kingfey

Banned
Then what is the point of Gamepass if you still give people the option to buy the games? I can't log into Netflix and buy Stranger Things or the Irishman. Netflix makes me sub for that privilege.

Same should apply to Gamepass, but since Microsoft have deeper pockets they could afford to pay all publishers to have their games on the service from day one.

You may not like the idea, but tell me for real that you don't think this makes business sense. Why give people the option to buy the game? That means your leaving money on the table. A customer could purchase a game like Forza Horizon 5 for £70, or they could pay a subscription for years and years to play the game?
Netflix is on every device in the world. People can access those shows.

Gamepass job is to enable people to access the game. No matter whether the game is on playstation or not, as long as its on gamepass. That low $ monthly payment makes people get in to the service. Making it exclusive to gamepass, will make people just buy the game on xbox. They wont have a reason to sub to the service.

Buying the game from other devices, makes the sub value strong. Only playing the game on xbox, will make the sub worthless. I can buy that game, when its cheap. So, why would I need to sub it to every month?

mckmas8808

Banned
Xbox kinda gave up on the exclusive part, which playstation is still clinging on. In that regard, xbox kinda outgrown playstation.

Playstation still has OG people. But we know what happens to these people. They become the past, due to age, and none of their voices will matter.
N64 was big, then come ps2, then xbox 360, then ps4, and now we are witnessing the switch age.

After the switch, there is nothing there. Playstation is porting their games to pc now. Xbox is moving to cloud, after it embraced day1 pc. There is no special moment.

March 4, 2000 That is when ps2 was released. Those who grow up with, are now 28 and older. New generation are growing up with fortnite, mobile, and f2p games. They dont care which box is great, they want a taste of their games. So both console need to get out of their comfort zone.

God typing this is making me old now. time flies fast :messenger_crying:

Are we sure about the bolded? That sounds like what someone says when they tried to get a hot girl's phone number and couldn't. Two days later his friend gets the number and starts going on some dates and later tells the 1st guy that he got some of the pum pum. And then the 1st guy says, "yeah but I don't like THOSE types of girls........I've outgrown them because I like my ladies classy".

Like YO....you just tried to get with her a few weeks ago and now she's beneath you? Like come on...

reksveks

You can buy Netflix shows on blu-ray and dvd. It's another monetization option.

kingfey

Banned
Are we sure about the bolded? That sounds like what someone says when they tried to get a hot girl's phone number and couldn't. Two days later his friend gets the number and starts going on some dates and later tells the 1st guy that he got some of the pum pum. And then the 1st guy says, "yeah but I don't like THOSE types of girls........I've outgrown them because I like my ladies classy".

Like YO....you just tried to get with her a few weeks ago and now she's beneath you? Like come on...
That analogy will be great, until you discover there are other girls out there.

Xbox lost that chance in 2014. Now they are coming back like that old man, who had big journey, and is different person.

The real drive for those console, were the 3rd party games. Now 3rd party games are getting swallowed by big companies, or become different company.

Sega lost their magic. Square become the shell of their past. Capcom almost got bankrupted. Konami is in weird shape. EA is too greedy. Ubisoft lost the touch. And bethesda is now owned by MS.

mckmas8808

Banned

Things don't work this way in the real world. You're assuming that gamers don't want to game the way that they currently are now. You'll need to convince all Nintendo and Playstation gamers that it's actually bad to purchase their games in the first place.

As of now......gamers worldwide don't agree that buying their games is bad.

Things don't work this way in the real world. You're assuming that gamers don't want to game the way that they currently are now. You'll need to convince all Nintendo and Playstation gamers that it's actually bad to purchase their games in the first place.

As of now......gamers worldwide don't agree that buying their games is bad.
You talking about Horizon 0 when our man lives in Horizon 2.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm still not a believer in Gamepass. I have a massive backlog, I buy games and trade them in etc. Gamepass isn't like Spotify for me where I can consume and try a ton of music. Where as with games you have games that are like 30 hours long, you can be playing a multiplayer games for 100 hours etc. I just don't see how a person who has other hobbies, a family etc has time to play more than a handful of games a year. Music, TV and Movies are quicker to consume in comparison to games.

Top Bottom