• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would Socom 2 remastered MP work?

93xfan

Banned
Let’s say they announce a remaster. How would it need to change to try and get a classic experience (read below).

In the original, each team was separated into 2 Voice channels. When the round started, everyone was in the same channel. But when you die, you instantly go to the channel with all the other dead players, to keep you from helping your teammates who are still playing.

With parties, as well as discord, this is no longer possible.

My thinking is to put a 15 second delay on the video for everyone who is dead, so callouts are a bit harder and less unfair.

I’m curious what other solutions other people have thought of? Does my solution sound okay, or are there much better ideas out there?

timmyp53

Your thinking too hard about this. Restricting spectator view to only team members has been the norm in countless games for ages now. There isn't such a huge advantage to viewing a team mate's screen. Gotta remember both teams have the same handicap. There wouldnt be any huge benefit in going any deeper imo.

Droxcy

The amount of hours I spent doing Gamebattles on this game..A Socom game wouldn’t last in current times sadly.

You’d have to speed up gameplay and make the guns more deadly

Roufianos

Let's be honest, S2 remastered isn't gonna happen. Only way to play it these days is on PC with SVDL and an emulator.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Let's be honest, S2 remastered isn't gonna happen. Only way to play it these days is on PC with SVDL and an emulator.

Well it's more likely that the SOCOM game Sony is working on is a remaster than a new SOCOM entry. Even though the last SOCOM game was damn good.

D.Final

Banned
Let’s say they announce a remaster. How would it need to change to try and get a classic experience (read below).

In the original, each team was separated into 2 Voice channels. When the round started, everyone was in the same channel. But when you die, you instantly go to the channel with all the other dead players, to keep you from helping your teammates who are still playing.

With parties, as well as discord, this is no longer possible.

My thinking is to put a 15 second delay on the video for everyone who is dead, so callouts are a bit harder and less unfair.

I’m curious what other solutions other people have thought of? Does my solution sound okay, or are there much better ideas out there?

They need to work hard on the net code

Top Bottom