• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How well do you believe Phil Spencer has handled Xbox from 2017-Present?

How well has Phil Spencer handled Xbox?

• He has been handling it well

Votes: 243 70.8%
  • He has been handling it poorly

Votes: 100 29.2%

• Total voters

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Back in 2020 just before Xbox Series X launch I said in a thread that Xbox needs to look into moving on from Phil because he just can’t get the job done and everyone bashed my take but here we are almost 2 year in and it’s still the same thing, just look at how Halo infinite has turned out and the lack of games these Xbox series consoles have had.
I wouldn't like another CEO like Don who basically got the brands teeth kicked in after years of great momentum

People say he brought the games but its like the wii u where it had games but no one wanted to buy one

Eron

He has been handling it well​

I wouldn't like another CEO like Don who basically got the brands teeth kicked in after years of great momentum

People say he brought the games but its like the wii u where it had games but no one wanted to buy one
It’s funny how people like to downplay Don’s impact. He was the senior Vice President during the 360 era also. He did a horrible job with the Xbox one but he at least had a good console gen under his belt with the 360.

Phil hasn’t had that yet, sure the Xbox Series Is better than the Xbox one but that’s not really saying much because the Xbox one had a horrible gen and he still has a lot to prove. 2023 is a make or break year for him at Xbox IMO.

Last edited:
the actual handing from a software perspective has been bad but the PR is simply masterful. this guy knows how to speak and i can see why he was placed as the head of xbox. good PR is a must for microsoft. phil spencer is almost woshipped by xbox fans and he pretty much has been even before gamepass took off. he gives off that good guy for the gamers vibe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom