• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How To Destroy Egos At The Gym

There's a recent phenomenon of women in tight shorts complaining that men can see their ass. Watch them with their tripod and provocative angles try to shame some dudes walking past lol. "Oh I'm a fitness enthusiast who loves to eat healthy and help motivate people to be the best version of themselves! But I need to angle the camera at just the right spot so you can see dat ass and cream over it!"

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Dex > str tho
But dont tell anyone you leveled that up
D3hlSipSM3EDRKwyN46gWSdCJKwHY9t8yLAWSZzAoW4.jpg

I've mixed up bodybuilding and powerlifting for nearly twenty six years. Strength can have it's advantages in martial arts like Krav Maga and Judo from my own experience. Cardio for endurance is important though no doubts about it. When you're gassed and rolling on the mat with someone and strength is depleted, you're in autopilot and technique is key.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Your point being? Because both will gas out after running a few KM when a wimpy dude will sprint past them doing below 4min/km across a marathon (42km).

You need strength for what? That one time you got to lift your car from a snow pile? Or maybe to carry a grandma across the street?

Bodybuilders are at least honest - they want to look good in the mirror and smash. I don't know wtf powerlifters are training for.
Not running away from heavy things like the guy running a few KM would be my guess.

k_trout

from my experience, when it comes to fighting those wee wiry motherfuckers > any gym going muscular guy

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Never. I did boxing and jiu-jitsu and running. Big muscles just need to be fed too much oxygen and protein plus meatheads. No thanks.

I now walk and stretch as a middle aged father.

Good for you. Doesn't make your initial post any less dense.

Top Bottom