• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How satisfied are you with Xbox live, Gold, Gamepass?

How satisfied are you with Xbox live, Gold, Gamepass?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 122 59.5%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • I do not use it.

Votes: 46 22.4%
  • It is ok

Votes: 28 13.7%

• Total voters

Spyxos

Gold Member
I had Xbox live Gold with breaks since xbox 360. Right now I have an ongoing Gamepass Ultimate subscription, the Gamespass games are quite nice just wish I didn't have to pay to play online because I do it quite rarely. Are you satisfied? Is there anything you would change?

cormack12

Gold Member
I think it's good. It doesn't fill the niche of a lot of day one stuff from Sony or Third Parties but its good enough value. Forza 5 is something I put triple digit hours into. Halo not as much but still had fune. When things like Hellblade, Redfall land it will show its worth again.

There is always something I want to spend time with on the service. So I'd say it ebbs with high highs and generally even if a month isn't great, the library is so big I can just play something else.

Gold not arsed. Only bought it to convert to GPU. But paying for the online is just a console staple.

I had to unsubscribe. I realized month after month I was giving them $15 only to not even use the service. It's one of those things that sounds good on paper until you realize you played those games years ago, have no interest in, or can just outright buy them for cheaper than it costs to rent them on GPU.

Kvally

Banned
Letting mine expire. No use for it. I am thinking that when it expires (my PS sub has already expired), I am going to move to PC gaming and play all the Xbox/PS games on PC, as well as PC games. But my goal would be to set it up in the living room, hidden, using a wireless controller and try to make the experience as close to a console experience as I can. Play The Last of Us, Halo and ARMA all on the same device? YES PLEASE. Free online? YES PLEASE!

Kacho

Seems like a good deal if you're into that kind of service. It's not for me though so I don't bother. Don't need access to dozens of games when I can't find time to play the ones I already own.

Chukhopops

GPU is already having a great year and it’s only March, can’t think of any better way to spend the money.

Gold, well… I think there was one good game last year and I don’t even remember which one it was.

gothmog

Gold Member
Weird poll. I love GamePass. Hate everything else around the legacy stuff. Let it all die, including having to pay for multiplayer. Wish we could stuff that genie back in the bottle across all the major consoles.

tmlDan

was a gamepass member for a year and found I wasn't using it. The only game i was happy to play long term was remnant, so fun with a friend and will buy the sequel.

their day one games I had no interest in or would rather just buy them to keep them forever.

While I don't have it being a PS user, GP is one of the greatest things as a gamer. I typically don't buy games brand new, don't really replay them once I'm done, don't have or want a giant game collection, and damn is it so nice to have things digital without need for a disc. AND it helped push Sony to improve upon their own service.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
GP Ultimate. Great service. Tons of games, first party day one, EA Play and the sub plan skews to more recent games.

Also did the $1 and 1 month deals too at 3 years each. So it was a steal since I buy annual gold anyway.

Sleepwalker

Its good, xcloud is great on the deck. Not so much on a TV.

I wouldn't pay $15 a month but you can get trials pretty easy and also free months through ms rewards which makes it a no brainer.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it is a great product and good value, however I would caveat that with... if you only own an Xbox (and maybe PC) or have so much time and money it doesn't matter. I recommend it to anyone that just has an Xbox, just like I would PS+ for anyone with just a PS, but probably pick one or the other if you have both.

For me personally, I let mine expire as I haven't felt the need to play anything on Xbox in the last 12 months. I have PS+ and a massive backlog of games on each platform. I kept PS+ because I want to keep access to my PS+ library, and the monthly game offering is pretty good now (probably because of Gamepass to be fair).

I may re-sub for a month to blast through Starfield, but I may also wait and just buy Starfield in a sale so I have it forever.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Gold was always trash, and failed incredibly hard when they tried to push that shit on pc.

Gamepass is fucking cake though
gordon-ramsay-finally.gif

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

sainraja

For me, it will be worth it once a lot more of their first-party day one titles start to arrive, at least for trying out some of the games that I might be interested in before purchase. I haven't had much use of it so far. I am not big into subscription services, but I understand the value they can provide, and for me, one of the main reasons for keeping a subscription is the online aspect. Games are kind of a bonus. I still mostly buy the ones I am interested in.

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t care or utilize Gold at all and I’m not even sure what features Xbox Live offer.

GamePass is fantastic though.

fermcr

For 10€ month, Gamepass is good deal. If Microsoft drasticly increases the price in the future, even with COD, Gamepass will become a bad deal.

oji-san

Banned
At certain point i wasn't sure i will resub after my 3 years are over, in about 6 months from now. But since last year end i played several games i wanted and had lot of fun, games like High on Life, A Plague Tale Requiem, Atomic Heart and soon Redfall and Starfield. So overll i enjoy the service, unfortunately i have limited taste in games i guess so there's months i don't get any game from GP, but still worth it for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My Gamepass subscription is about to expire, and I'm not sure if I'll renew it (Ultimate) - mostly because of the shit GwG offerings lately, and the fact that I've shifted most of my gaming to PC. I never play online multiplayer games, but that's free on Steam. Cloud streaming is cool, but I've only used it a handful of times, and if I needed it badly enough I think I would subscribe to Geforce Now and use that to stream the games I already own.

When something like Starfield finally releases, I might just get a month of PC Game Pass with rewards points and binge it. But honestly, I'll probably just outright buy it on Steam.

Sad to say, but for $15 a month I'd probably rather subscribe to Humble Choice ($12) and keep the games. Or buy a different $15 Humble Bundle every month that's got stuff I want. Game Pass is still a great value, it's just not for me anymore.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I've had GPU since its inception, I've never paid more than £1 in total and I'm good till the middle of 2025 and enough reward points for another 18 months.

Best value in gaming cos its cost me a quid.

Last edited:

Banned
that's a very hard to answer question, because XBL Gold is pure nonsense in this day and age and should not exist anymore.

gamepass however is great

Last edited:
Top Bottom