• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you have a random beer?

How many random beers do you have a week?

• 1-3

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 7-14

Votes: 9 13.0%

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
What I mean by random beer is basically whenever you have a beer or alcoholic drink of your choice thats not planned, not a night out.

E.g finished work, the train is late and theres a nice little pub just there.

Or your home alone on a day off, and there is an ice cold beer just looking at you in the fridge, and you think to yourself "this would be a nice acompliment to my lunch"

I suppose beer with your night meal would kinda count, but an alcoholic drink with a main meal is quite routine for a lot of people so im not sure if its random enough.

ZXmZzI1.gif

Last edited:

Dreamin

If I'ma drink I've gotta feel it so I never have a beer or 2. I usually have a few shots of gin or whiskey instead with my meal so that I don't just get sleepy and flabbed out from major calories while chasin the buzz.

Also this could be nonsense but I find it hits harder and is more fun without causing a hangover if I drink very fast and overwhelm my body before it knows whats goin on, which I couldn't do with beers.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm not a big beer drinker, though I do enjoy it. Typically during the height of the NFL season I stop by the local watering hole here in downtown once or twice a week to sip a pint while I watch a game. And on rare occasions I'll buy a pint of some craft stuff to enjoy while watching the hot new TV show at home. But that's about it.

I'm more of a top shelf rum and edibles man myself.

since the 21st september the only days i've not had a beer would be the 27th september and 3rd october. i'll be drinking tomorrow too then i'll probably have a couple days off before another 5 day binge.

nothing random there. it's more interesting for me to try figure out what days i didn't drink. yes i'm an alcoholic i know. i have a problem. don't need anyone to tell me.

Fbh

I drink a beer almost daily.
It's not random though it's usually always at the same time (when I get home from work)

I rarely drink beer anymore, it's almost exclusively spirits. I usually drink once a week on Friday night after a long week at work. I get seriously drunk though and it fucks me up for the rest of the week because I'm old. However, for those few sweet hours on a Friday night I'm in heaven.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Yeah had a few too many last Saturday then just a couple of hairs of the dog on Sunday and I’ve been bollocksed all week.

Again, put it down to age.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I’m not a beer fan but since moving to Belgium I have tried a lot. Like every time I eat out it’s a new beer.
I'm currently on holiday in Belgium and the selection is outstanding. I've had a few of the bigger brands before (Duvel, Delirium, Chimay, Veltins) but have been having a different drink with every order and haven't had a single disappointment.

My favourite discoveries have been Gulden Draak and Barbar.

Well, I'm sober so never. I was a liquor man during my drinking days, I needed the higher octane stuff. Oddly enough, beer is the alcohol that I miss. I won't even touch the non-alcoholic stuff though, that way lies madness. For me at least.

Have never bothered to drink much alcohol - I might have a beverage 0-2 times per year if it sounds interesting. It makes me feel bad for my waiters when I eat out. =(

Last edited:

Alcibiades

One every few months at most. In November 2020 I bought a 12 pack Heineken and I'm still working my way through it.

GeekyDad

Every six or seven years, it seems, for me. Was at the market with my wife the other day, she's been on vacation this week, I said, hey babe, I was talkin' about us perhaps having a drink as part of my bucket list, wanna have a beer together in the backyard since the weather's been so nice? And viola, two beers added to the buggy. Was a really nice beer.

Dark Star

I like having a beer once the Oktoberfest types start showing up in the stores. I drink a lot more during the fall. In the last couple months, one strong beer on a Friday night if I'm at home chillin. The random beer would probably be a very light beer during an after work event/party, this happens only once a month, maybe. The rest of the time/year I'm pretty sober. Spring/summer months I'm an athlete.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

I'm currently on holiday in Belgium and the selection is outstanding. I've had a few of the bigger brands before (Duvel, Delirium, Chimay, Veltins) but have been having a different drink with every order and haven't had a single disappointment.

My favourite discoveries have been Gulden Draak and Barbar.
I only drink with food and restaurants here have beer lists like a bar so it’s hard to know what to try. I’ll give your suggestions a go.

Bartski

Gold Member
having the capacity just to have a random beer and stop there, rather than getting fucked up from that point onwards with a few more is good news when diagnosing alcoholism. Having booze hidden around the house, however...

adamosmaki

I could go for months in the winter with not a drop of alcohol but when it's summer time beer consuming it's almost daily

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If you want a beer that’s fine just sober up get water, that’s the problem with drinking.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
having the capacity just to have a random beer and stop there, rather than getting fucked up from that point onwards with a few more is good news when diagnosing alcoholism. Having booze hidden around the house, however...
That's my issue - all or nothing. If I have 3 or 4 I'm up pissing all night (again, age) so have enough to send me to sleep. Which is the devil's own game.

Top Bottom