• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how much iCloud storage do you pay for?

my stupid iPhone is full, currently have the 50gb plan

been putting off upgrading the storage, not really sure what my other options are

how much iCloud storage do you pay for?

tenor.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I’m on the expensive tier of the One bundle. But it’s my wife & I and we use most of the bundled services so 2tb between us.

dorkimoe

i think 200gb, but my main gripe is they dont have a way to actually back photos up to the cloud and take them off your phone. So it defeats the purpose

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
200 gigs for us but we just switched to iPhones for the first time. I also use 1tb of one drive. What by touch any shitty google product if I can avoid it now.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Upload all of your data to a corporations server, what could go wrong?

My phone accepts SD cards. I can also drag and drop files to/from my PC.

i pay 79p/month for 50GB. right now i'm using 9/50GB. i do think Apple should stop being so god damn tight and increase the storage to 15GB but whatever. plus if i wanted i could use my Google account but i like how iCloud is integrated. Can't be arsed downloading another app and anyway i can't really complain about paying £9.48/year lol.

Upload all of your data to a corporations server, what could go wrong?

My phone accepts SD cards. I can also drag and drop files to/from my PC.
good for you.
None lol

People pay for this stuff?
yes people pay for cloud storage.

Last edited:

JCK75

I use Android but I pay for 200GB of storage (I think it's like $2 a month for that).
of course that also includes my google drive which is loaded with Blender work, 3d printing files and my Reaper song projects... if it were just my phone I don't think I'd need to pay.

Dural

I was paying for iCloud because me and my wife take so many pictures and didn't want our phones getting full. Didn't realize that deleting photos on the phone that were synced to iCloud were also deleted on iCloud. I ended up canceling iCloud and going back to Google and getting the One subscription that's like $2.99/month and using Google Photo for backing up the pictures (I had been using Google Photo for years when I had Android but figured I'd try iCloud with the iPhone).

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just the 200gb that comes with Apple One.

I have 1TB of OneDrive because I pay for 365 each month.

Mistake

I do local backups instead. My icloud is only used for gamecenter or small stuff like pages. When I first had it for photos, it ate my data even when I told it not to

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I have a 'private' cloud, so I don't use Apple's iCloud other than the 5GB standard, which just has my phone backup. Everything else I keep out of there.

dem

I have the 200gb family plan that I share with my wife. My wife takes so many frickin pictures it’s almost full.

I really don’t want to move up to the next tier.

Btw.. if you have an iPhone and don’t pay for iCloud.. get your life together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom