• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many viewers will TLOU premiere with on HBO

How many viewers will TLOU premiere with on HBO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freeman76

After reading Pedro Pascal saying he was heaitant about the role until he read the script, saying it was the best he has ever read, I'm convinced this will become huge after a relatively small viewership at the start so I voted less than 5mil, which I expect will grow as season moves on

Arachnid

From my experience, and I've had alot since the game came out, it's virtually impossible to get something out these discussions.
People who failed to understand/empathize with Joel actions in The Last of Us, are either just biologically built differently, or way too young to grasp subtle and meaningful concepts.

Which makes their Druckmann cocksucking all the more hilarious considering he's the one who always sadistically killed every single doctor at the end of every playthroug of Part I, a game made for his daughter.
Because that was the point of it, entirely missed by all those "I hated Joel and his selfish decision" who literally failed at the game.
Spot on. Joel did what anyone would do. People stanning for and justifying Abby for getting revenge when her dad was going to strip a kid to parts for a long shot cure after procuring her through fucked up means is peak trog.

Yes, Joel is a morally ambiguous character at best. So is everyone else in this series that had to live through the initial outbreak and ensuing years of zombie wild west. Him saving his daughter from the Fireflies after they tricked him into thinking the operation wouldn't kill her is not one of the things he did wrong.

fermcr

day talk GIF

Stooky

I think the the first episode will do good numbers 2 mill. If that first episode is amazing, thru word of mouth I think the numbers for the following could be really good.

Last edited:

Aaron Olive

Refuse to watch for Ellie’s newfound forehead. Hair and makeup could’ve at least gave her a hair piece and styled it over the forehead. she was cool in GOT so not hating on her.

FdlhsKUWQAAgCsa.jpg

Joel and Bill are close match though.

5ff9ff75-a25c-4a28-a6c8-63f5e577a641-nick-offerman-new.jpg

Last edited:
The game already looks like a tv show, so I suppose that the transition to streaming will be pretty seamless. Its success will all depend on the acting quality which I think will probably be fine.

1. Game of Thrones - 2.22m
  2. True Detective - 2.33m
  3. Sopranos - 3.45m
  4. The Wire - 3.7m
  5. Carnivale - 5.33m
  6. Deadwood - 5.75m
  7. House of Dragon - 9.99m

These look like US only numbers.

That's already the 15th biggest video on HBO Max channel. It's probably surpassing the 15M this month. I don't se how these metrics are bad.

Spyxos Spyxos 11.5 million

250K likes to 20K dislikes

House of the Dragon with 23 million views has 251K likes and 61K dislikes.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Less than 10, but chances are that will become a legacy watch and will grow by the time.

I hope that this first season really capture the game, and I hope that the second season they fix what Naughty Dog made with Joel at the start

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Less than 10, but chances are that will become a legacy watch and will grow by the time.

I hope that this first season really capture the game, and I hope that the second season they fix what Naughty Dog made with Joel at the start
They won't lol. They might change the circumstances but the same thing will happen.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If I watch the show it will be once all of the episodes are on HBO Max. Most shows are binge or nothing for me.

The trailer is now at 14 million views after 5 days. Will probably be in the top 5 by the end of the weekend and we'll see from there.

Outside shot that it ends up surpassing the House of Dragon trailer, but it might have a few life cycles between now and the launch and post launch

Numbers wise I suspect it'll start relatively low and grow from there.

Maybe half of the House of the dragon opening if I was to guess

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Numbers wise I suspect it'll start relatively low and grow from there.

Maybe half of the House of the dragon opening if I was to guess
Nah it’s the opposite with highly marketed shows. Usually everyone checks out the first episode or two then drops off.

Top Bottom